"Marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it." -- Baskins

tech / sci.electronics.design / Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carrying small firearms in public, ending an attempt to impose new gun control restrictions in one of the most pro-gun states in the United States.

SubjectAuthor
* Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carryinga a
`- Re: Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openlyFred Bloggs

1
Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carrying small firearms in public, ending an attempt to impose new gun control restrictions in one of the most pro-gun states in the United States.

<451a2742-13b8-4de3-93c4-eaadfff7b061n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112852&group=sci.electronics.design#112852

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 07:04:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carrying
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 15:04 UTC

Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carrying small firearms in public, ending an attempt to impose new gun control restrictions in one of the most pro-gun states in the United States. #CGTNAmerica

Re: Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carrying small firearms in public, ending an attempt to impose new gun control restrictions in one of the most pro-gun states in the United States.

<bdbb364e-bcd2-4156-9d97-eefde8a25301n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=112856&group=sci.electronics.design#112856

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 08:00:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 16:00 UTC

On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 10:04:49 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> Texas will no longer fight to ban young adults from openly carrying small firearms in public, ending an attempt to impose new gun control restrictions in one of the most pro-gun states in the United States. #CGTNAmerica

Your title is misleading. Texas state legislature passed a law banning open carry by young adults. The law was challenged in Federal District Court, and the judge ruled the Texas law to be unconstitutional, making it unenforceable. Initially Texas appealed but now just recently dropped their appeal and let the ruling stand. This is just one of a nationwide wave of lawsuits challenging firearms bans.

https://abc13.com/texas-gun-laws-open-carry-who-can-a-in-public-18-year-olds-hand-guns/12601780/#:~:text=A%20federal%20judge%20ruled%20earlier,from%20carrying%20handguns%20in%20public.