lp1 on fire (One of the more obfuscated kernel messages)

tech / rec.photo.digital / More Cayucos

SubjectAuthor
* More CayucosSavageduck
+- Re: More CayucosDavid Brooks
`* Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave
 +* Re: More CayucosSavageduck
 |+* Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave
 ||`* Re: More CayucosSavageduck
 || `- Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave
 |`* Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave
 | `* Re: More CayucosKen Hart
 |  +* Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave
 |  |`* Re: More CayucosBill W
 |  | `- Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave
 |  `- Re: More Cayucosg_wolf
 `* Re: More CayucosDavid Brooks
  `- Re: More CayucosWhisky-dave

1
More Cayucos

<0001HW.27C48211014B155B70000C2C638F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11397&group=rec.photo.digital#11397

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 18:29:37 -0800
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Subject: More Cayucos
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 02:29 UTC

It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.

<https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: More Cayucos

<a03RJ.42722$wLv5.22058@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11398&group=rec.photo.digital#11398

Subject: Re: More Cayucos
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:35:50 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:35 UTC

On 22/02/2022 02:29, Savageduck wrote:
> It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
>
> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>

Thank you for yet another day out!

Your filming is getting better each and every flight.

Re: More Cayucos

<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8-9c4a-a3657bb55f46n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11399&group=rec.photo.digital#11399

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 02:45:07 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:45 UTC

On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 02:29:50 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
>
> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Savageduck

Yes a very clear day .

When I click on these links it just opens a blank new tab. For some reason the < > are in black text but the actual text is blue.
So I just copy the blue text and past into a new window and everything is OK.
Maybe it's google newreader.
Your drone seems to have quite a range you can cover, also wondering how fast it can go , and whether theres a way
of using the GPS data it collects to produce a movie over google maps or similar .

Here in the UK we've had a couple of very windy days 70-100MPH winds , I'd have loved to see how a drone would cope with this,
most likely it couldn't, and doubt anyone would risk flying their drone in such weather.

Re: More Cayucos

<0001HW.27C5136C016B3764700004CF738F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11402&group=rec.photo.digital#11402

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 04:49:48 -0800
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:49 UTC

On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
(in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8-9c4a-a3657bb55f46n@googlegroups.com>):

> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 02:29:50 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> > It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
> >
> > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Savageduck
>
> Yes a very clear day .
>
> When I click on these links it just opens a blank new tab. For some reason the < > are in black text but the actual text is blue.
> So I just copy the blue text and past into a new window and everything is OK.
> Maybe it's google newreader.

Google is a poor excuse for a UseNet client.

> Your drone seems to have quite a range you can cover, also wondering how fast it can go , and whether theres a way
> of using the GPS data it collects to produce a movie over google maps or similar .

My drone is the DJI Air 2S which is one of the better prosumer level drones which can, and has been used for some professional work. However, for full capability you would need a truly professional level drone, and software, all of which costs professional level money.

The Air 2S can reach speeds of 42.5 MPH (19m/s) in sport mode, and 33.5 MPH (15m/s) in normal mode depending on wind conditions. I have flown in gusty wind conditions between 24-30 MPH which is higher than the spec wind resistance of 22.4 MPH. The danger of flying in high wind, is returning to home against the wind is not being able to reach home before your battery dies, and you lose the drone. In ideal conditions I could reach out about 12,000 ft(2.27miles), but with my drone that would take it well into violation of VLOS rules. So my personal limit is 7,200ft(1.36miles).

My drone the DJI Air 2S<https://www.dji.com/air-2s>

A starter for what you might need for pro work<https://www.dji.com/dji-terra?site=brandsite&from=nav>

> Here in the UK we've had a couple of very windy days 70-100MPH winds , I'd have loved to see how a drone would cope with this,
> most likely it couldn't, and doubt anyone would risk flying their drone in such weather.

No sane drone flyer is going to think about flying in those condition. You might never get it in the air, and if you did the likelihood of a crashed, or lost drone is very high.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: More Cayucos

<066RJ.35636$EjU2.25040@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11403&group=rec.photo.digital#11403

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:06:52 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:06 UTC

On 22/02/2022 10:45, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 02:29:50 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
>> It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
>>
>> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Savageduck
>
> Yes a very clear day .
>
> When I click on these links it just opens a blank new tab. For some reason the < > are in black text but the actual text is blue.
> So I just copy the blue text and past into a new window and everything is OK.
> Maybe it's google newreader.

I don't understand.

When I click on the link, the video opens almost instantly using my
inbuilt Safari browser.

If I copy the link, and paste it into my Brave Browser, again the video
starts almost instantly.

What happens if you copy ..... and paste the link directly into a browser?

<snip>

Re: More Cayucos

<1ee1b9dc-3550-4c1b-98b0-c43bee420c3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11404&group=rec.photo.digital#11404

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 05:32:50 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:32 UTC

On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):
> > On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 02:29:50 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> > > It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
> > >
> > > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Savageduck
> >
> > Yes a very clear day .
> >
> > When I click on these links it just opens a blank new tab. For some reason the < > are in black text but the actual text is blue.
> > So I just copy the blue text and past into a new window and everything is OK.
> > Maybe it's google newreader.
> Google is a poor excuse for a UseNet client.

it does what I need is quick and convenient.

> > Your drone seems to have quite a range you can cover, also wondering how fast it can go , and whether theres a way
> > of using the GPS data it collects to produce a movie over google maps or similar .
> My drone is the DJI Air 2S which is one of the better prosumer level drones which can, and has been used for some professional work. However, for full capability you would need a truly professional level drone, and software, all of which costs professional level money.
>
> The Air 2S can reach speeds of 42.5 MPH (19m/s) in sport mode, and 33.5 MPH (15m/s) in normal mode depending on wind conditions. I have flown in gusty wind conditions between 24-30 MPH which is higher than the spec wind resistance of 22.4 MPH. The danger of flying in high wind, is returning to home against the wind is not being able to reach home before your battery dies, and you lose the drone. In ideal conditions I could reach out about 12,000 ft(2.27miles), but with my drone that would take it well into violation of VLOS rules. So my personal limit is 7,200ft(1.36miles).
>
> My drone the DJI Air 2S<https://www.dji.com/air-2s>
>
> A starter for what you might need for pro work<https://www.dji.com/dji-terra?site=brandsite&from=nav>

Both very impressive and the one you have would tempt me if I found somewhere interesting to fly it.
My studetns are building thiers in the lab here, I'm not too worried as yet as they haven;t ordered any propellors for,
so I guess it won;t be going very far as yet.

I've just bought the ocuals quests 2 VR headset so that's my new toy for a while.

Interestingly both the links you typed above worked by clicking on them, but your smugmug link still brings up a blank page.

> > Here in the UK we've had a couple of very windy days 70-100MPH winds , I'd have loved to see how a drone would cope with this,
> > most likely it couldn't, and doubt anyone would risk flying their drone in such weather.
> No sane drone flyer is going to think about flying in those condition. You might never get it in the air, and if you did the likelihood of a crashed, or lost drone is very high.

Well I wouldn't expect a sane person to do it, but from what I see on social media there must be plenty out there
in the 'metaverse' that would and I'd like to see the result.

> --
> Regards,
> Savageduck

Re: More Cayucos

<6b8e2114-276a-4fb2-acc0-91a50a0ce1bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11405&group=rec.photo.digital#11405

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 05:42:12 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:42 UTC

On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 14:07:00 UTC, David Brooks wrote:
> On 22/02/2022 10:45, Whisky-dave wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 02:29:50 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> >> It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
> >>
> >> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Savageduck
> >
> > Yes a very clear day .
> >
> > When I click on these links it just opens a blank new tab. For some reason the < > are in black text but the actual text is blue.
> > So I just copy the blue text and past into a new window and everything is OK.
> > Maybe it's google newreader.
> I don't understand.
>
> When I click on the link, the video opens almost instantly using my
> inbuilt Safari browser.

I'm using firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit) on a mid 2011 imac.

right clicking to open in a new window or TAB doesn't work either.

> If I copy the link, and paste it into my Brave Browser, again the video
> starts almost instantly.
>
> What happens if you copy ..... and paste the link directly into a browser?

It works fine on FF and safari , the links SD provided regarding the drones website opens
perfectly well as I'd expect when clicking on them, as do almost all other links.

Maybe it's just smugmug for some odd reason as the site doesn't have www.

Well I'm not going to have any sleepless nights over it, I've plenty of sleep to get through while at work ;-)

> <snip>

Re: More Cayucos

<bf56fb22-3be0-4dce-9a82-a83a2d7ad385n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11406&group=rec.photo.digital#11406

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 05:47:09 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:47 UTC

On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):
> > On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 02:29:50 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> > > It was a great day today, no fog, with only a slightly gusty wind. So it was a good opportunity to take another drone’s eye view of Cayucos, California using the DJI Air 2S.
> > >
> > > <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-GgX4ShT/0/28271847/1920/Cayucos%20Feb%2021%202022k-1920.mp4>

As an after thought maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.... no not that but
it's because smugmug doesn't start with www.
Right clicking brings up a blank page too.
Using firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit).

Don;t want to try others browers as I exclusively use FF for private or not work related browsing.

> Google is a poor excuse for a UseNet client.

> My drone the DJI Air 2S<https://www.dji.com/air-2s>
>
> A starter for what you might need for pro work<https://www.dji.com/dji-terra?site=brandsite&from=nav>

Re: More Cayucos

<0001HW.27C7EEDF0216846670000FF9238F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11407&group=rec.photo.digital#11407

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 08:50:39 -0800
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
 by: Savageduck - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:50 UTC

On Feb 24, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
(in article<1ee1b9dc-3550-4c1b-98b0-c43bee420c3dn@googlegroups.com>):

> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> > (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):

> > > Yes a very clear day .
> > >
> > > When I click on these links it just opens a blank new tab. For some reason the < > are in black text but the actual text is blue.
> > > So I just copy the blue text and past into a new window and everything is OK.
> > > Maybe it's google newreader.
> > Google is a poor excuse for a UseNet client.
>
> it does what I need is quick and convenient.

Oh well...

> > > Your drone seems to have quite a range you can cover, also wondering how fast it can go , and whether theres a way
> > > of using the GPS data it collects to produce a movie over google maps or similar .
> > My drone is the DJI Air 2S which is one of the better prosumer level drones which can, and has been used for some professional work. However, for full capability you would need a truly professional level drone, and software, all of which costs professional level money.
> >
> > The Air 2S can reach speeds of 42.5 MPH (19m/s) in sport mode, and 33.5 MPH (15m/s) in normal mode depending on wind conditions. I have flown in gusty wind conditions between 24-30 MPH which is higher than the spec wind resistance of 22.4 MPH. The danger of flying in high wind, is returning to home against the wind is not being able to reach home before your battery dies, and you lose the drone. In ideal conditions I could reach out about 12,000 ft(2.27miles), but with my drone that would take it well into violation of VLOS rules. So my personal limit is 7,200ft(1.36miles).
> >
> > My drone the DJI Air 2S<https://www.dji.com/air-2s>
> >
> > A starter for what you might need for pro work<https://www.dji.com/dji-terra?site=brandsite&from=nav>
>
> Both very impressive and the one you have would tempt me if I found somewhere interesting to fly it.

You are in the UK, how difficult would it be to find somewhere interesting to fly it?
After you have cut through all the local UK red tape that is.

> My studetns are building thiers in the lab here, I'm not too worried as yet as they haven;t ordered any propellors for,
> so I guess it won;t be going very far as yet.

I hope your students have familiarized themselves with your local UK drone laws/regulation. They can save themselves some heartache by keeping the takeoff weight under 250g.
<https://www.caa.co.uk/consumers/remotely-piloted-aircraft/>
<https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-uk/>

> I've just bought the ocuals quests 2 VR headset so that's my new toy for a while.

That should be fun.

> Interestingly both the links you typed above worked by clicking on them, but your smugmug link still brings up a blank page.

The problem seems to be unique to your set up. I have used the SmugMug links sharing various video, and photo files with folks around the world, using more than just UseNet without issue.

> > > Here in the UK we've had a couple of very windy days 70-100MPH winds , I'd have loved to see how a drone would cope with this,
> > > most likely it couldn't, and doubt anyone would risk flying their drone in such weather.
> > No sane drone flyer is going to think about flying in those condition. You might never get it in the air, and if you did the likelihood of a crashed, or lost drone is very high.
>
> Well I wouldn't expect a sane person to do it, but from what I see on social media there must be plenty out there
> in the 'metaverse' that would and I'd like to see the result.

The result would most likely be a lost drone, and an empty wallet.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: More Cayucos

<sv8r43$1ld9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11408&group=rec.photo.digital#11408

From: kwha...@centurylink.net (Ken Hart)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 15:51:15 -0500
 by: Ken Hart - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 20:51 UTC

On 2/24/22 8:47 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
>> On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
>> (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):

> As an after thought maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.... no not that but
> it's because smugmug doesn't start with www.
> Right clicking brings up a blank page too.
> Using firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit).
>
> Don;t want to try others browers as I exclusively use FF for private or not work related browsing.

I use FF 88.0 for linux, 32 bit. No problem
Just for fun, I tried Chromium 90.0.4430.72 for Ubuntu 32 bit, also no
problem.

I think the Londoner explanation might be spot on.

--
Ken Hart
kwhart1@centurylink.net

Re: More Cayucos

<5b294e9a-20ba-4de0-a4dc-a40e95768be4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11409&group=rec.photo.digital#11409

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 04:45:48 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 12:45 UTC

On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 16:50:53 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> (in article<1ee1b9dc-3550-4c1b...@googlegroups.com>):
> > On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> > > On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> > > (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):

> > > Google is a poor excuse for a UseNet client.
> >
> > it does what I need is quick and convenient.
> Oh well...

It's not my main source of on-line communication, it used to be around 1995-99 I'd set up filters, archive messages.
Spend quite a few hours per day. But now it's pretty much only around lunchtime at work.
I used to post regualry on about a dozen groups, but now it's just 3 or 4 most have gone over to facebook.

> > Both very impressive and the one you have would tempt me if I found somewhere interesting to fly it.
> You are in the UK, how difficult would it be to find somewhere interesting to fly it?

Maybe I should have said original, I live a few miles from epping forest , but I think after a few flights I'd be bored.
Be nive to do the bridges over the thames but as yet I don;t realy know if I would be breaking any laws
as I';d be relatively close to people and land traffic.

> After you have cut through all the local UK red tape that is.

Yeah that would and does put me off, I have sat through a drone regualtion video guide.
Seemed a bit vague on some of the points I was interested in, such as would I be allowwd to fly
the model you have through or over tower bridge.
Something I might be tempted to do would be a trip of the thames by drone, flying from birdge to bridge
making a movie of the 'footage'

> > My studetns are building thiers in the lab here, I'm not too worried as yet as they haven;t ordered any propellors for,
> > so I guess it won;t be going very far as yet.
> I hope your students have familiarized themselves with your local UK drone laws/regulation. They can save themselves some heartache by keeping the takeoff weight under 250g.

I'm not sure if they are taking it outside anyway, there's a room downstairs that they will be using for tests.
I'm tempted to find out more about what they are doing but if I get too involved I'll get 'roped' in and they'll see me as their personally helper.
Which is actually the academics job to oversee and help.

> <https://www.caa.co.uk/consumers/remotely-piloted-aircraft/>
> <https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-uk/>
> > I've just bought the ocuals quests 2 VR headset so that's my new toy for a while.
> That should be fun.

It;s not bad but quite low resoloution compared to what I'm used to, photographcally speaking as it;s only 1832×1920
linking the headset up to a drone and using it would be something I'd find more appealing, but technically I think that's still a way off.

I do have an app where you sit in a helecopter and fly over the antartic In think but it made me feel a bit queasy
so I had to stop it.

> > Interestingly both the links you typed above worked by clicking on them, but your smugmug link still brings up a blank page.
> The problem seems to be unique to your set up. I have used the SmugMug links sharing various video, and photo files with folks around the world, using more than just UseNet without issue. Maybe my setup is unigue , but I can;t really customoze it to much at work anyway.

> > > No sane drone flyer is going to think about flying in those condition.. You might never get it in the air, and if you did the likelihood of a crashed, or lost drone is very high.
> >
> > Well I wouldn't expect a sane person to do it, but from what I see on social media there must be plenty out there
> > in the 'metaverse' that would and I'd like to see the result.
> The result would most likely be a lost drone, and an empty wallet.

I've seen peolpe on yuotube to much worse, play with dangerous snakes and crocodiles, and try and do all sorts of
stupid things. Some of my students also do some pretty stupid things , but as long as there;s no danger involved.

> --
> Regards,
> Savageduck

Re: More Cayucos

<54c946bb-8ccd-4076-bb62-4d4e63e6c694n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11410&group=rec.photo.digital#11410

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 05:12:00 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 13:12 UTC

On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 20:51:25 UTC, Ken Hart wrote:
> On 2/24/22 8:47 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
> >> On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> >> (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):

> > As an after thought maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.... no not that but
> > it's because smugmug doesn't start with www.
> > Right clicking brings up a blank page too.
> > Using firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit).
> >
> > Don;t want to try others browers as I exclusively use FF for private or not work related browsing.
> >
> I use FF 88.0 for linux, 32 bit. No problem
> Just for fun, I tried Chromium 90.0.4430.72 for Ubuntu 32 bit, also no
> problem.

I would try fedora which is on my lab computers (PCs) , but I haven't a login/username
I did ask IT services for one about 4 weeks ago, nothing yet, don;t want to rush them though.
They still haven't explained to me why they can't get network time running and why two PCs next to earch other show different times
and even differnt dates.

> I think the Londoner explanation might be spot on.

I bet God has similar problems.

> --
> Ken Hart
> kwh...@centurylink.net

Re: More Cayucos

<0001HW.27C92A08019CB63D30A52D38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11411&group=rec.photo.digital#11411

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 09:15:20 -0600
 by: Bill W - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 15:15 UTC

On Feb 25, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
(in article<54c946bb-8ccd-4076-bb62-4d4e63e6c694n@googlegroups.com>):

> On Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 20:51:25 UTC, Ken Hart wrote:

> > > As an after thought maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.... no not that but
> > > it's because smugmug doesn't start with www.
> > > Right clicking brings up a blank page too.
> > > Using firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit).
> > >
> > > Don;t want to try others browers as I exclusively use FF for private or
> > > not work related browsing.
> > I use FF 88.0 for linux, 32 bit. No problem
> > Just for fun, I tried Chromium 90.0.4430.72 for Ubuntu 32 bit, also no
> > problem.
>
> I would try fedora which is on my lab computers (PCs) ,

Have you tried a different DNS?

Re: More Cayucos

<fnaSJ.26355$XFM9.7803@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11412&group=rec.photo.digital#11412

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: g_w...@howl.com (g_wolf)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 13:47:23 -0600
 by: g_wolf - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:47 UTC

On 2/24/2022 2:51 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
> On 2/24/22 8:47 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 12:50:00 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Feb 22, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
>>> (in article<db5c8fa9-f27f-42b8...@googlegroups.com>):

>> As an after thought maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.... no not that but
>> it's because smugmug doesn't start with www.
>> Right clicking brings up a blank page too.
>> Using firefox 97.0.1 (64-bit).
>>
>> Don;t want to try others browers as I exclusively use FF for private or not
>> work related browsing.
>>

> I use FF 88.0 for linux, 32 bit. No problem
> Just for fun, I tried Chromium 90.0.4430.72 for Ubuntu 32 bit, also no problem.
>
> I think the Londoner explanation might be spot on.

Occasionally some videos won't play on FF 97.0.1, and earlier, but Chrome
always works.

Re: More Cayucos

<10914536-3caa-420e-8ea3-70bf39976e8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=11427&group=rec.photo.digital#11427

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 05:10:33 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:10 UTC

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 15:15:30 UTC, Bill W wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2022, Whisky-dave wrote
> (in article<54c946bb-8ccd-4076...@googlegroups.com>):

> > > I use FF 88.0 for linux, 32 bit. No problem
> > > Just for fun, I tried Chromium 90.0.4430.72 for Ubuntu 32 bit, also no
> > > problem.
> >
> > I would try fedora which is on my lab computers (PCs) ,
> Have you tried a different DNS?

What exactly do you mean by a different DNS