Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Incels

SubjectAuthor
* IncelsFred Bloggs
`* Re: Incelsbitrex
 +* Re: Incelsbitrex
 |`* Re: IncelsFred Bloggs
 | `* Re: Incelsbitrex
 |  `- Re: IncelsFred Bloggs
 `- Re: IncelsFred Bloggs

1
Incels

<84a101f0-b29a-4de1-a308-bd0d3077417cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=113795&group=sci.electronics.design#113795

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 15:46:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Incels
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 23:46 UTC

Incels in the news again....

Re: Incels

<_cDuL.558463$GNG9.81633@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=113994&group=sci.electronics.design#113994

Subject: Re: Incels
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 12:39:05 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:39 UTC

On 1/5/2023 6:46 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> Incels in the news again....

With respect to that Bryan Kohberger dude? Yeah, probably. Seems like he
had a history of being a nuisance at local bars and harassing the female
servers.

One or more of the women killed maybe blew him off at one point and then
he saw the dude who lived there posing with them on social media or
something and he lost his mind.

Probably case of Dunning Kruger, too, criminal justice PhD and I guess
didn't consider that a camera might pick up his car, or that his Reddit
post history might come back to bite him. He should have known if he
wanted to have a chance to get away with it to kill black prostitutes or
something, you kill young white women in America and the cops will hunt
you to the ends of the Earth.

Re: Incels

<HuDuL.38330$0dpc.32352@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=113995&group=sci.electronics.design#113995

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 12:57:58 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:57 UTC

On 1/8/2023 12:39 PM, bitrex wrote:
> On 1/5/2023 6:46 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> Incels in the news again....
>
> With respect to that Bryan Kohberger dude? Yeah, probably. Seems like he
> had a history of being a nuisance at local bars and harassing the female
> servers.
>
> One or more of the women killed maybe blew him off at one point and then
> he saw the dude who lived there posing with them on social media or
> something and he lost his mind.
>
> Probably case of Dunning Kruger, too, criminal justice PhD

PhD student, rather.

"According to the newly released affidavit, Kohberger had applied for an
internship with the Pullman Police Department in the fall. He wrote in
his application essay that 'he had interest in assisting rural law
enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze
technological data.'"

Sounds about right.

Re: Incels

<2fa70eda-b4d8-43a3-bc46-6318d90daa13n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114001&group=sci.electronics.design#114001

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:37:02 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 18:37 UTC

On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 12:39:13 PM UTC-5, bitrex wrote:
> On 1/5/2023 6:46 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > Incels in the news again....
> With respect to that Bryan Kohberger dude? Yeah, probably. Seems like he
> had a history of being a nuisance at local bars and harassing the female
> servers.
>
> One or more of the women killed maybe blew him off at one point and then
> he saw the dude who lived there posing with them on social media or
> something and he lost his mind.

Who knows what the idiot was thinking. He may have gone back on heroin, or cocaine even. People on cocaine are known to commit the most horrendous murders.

One surviving witness who was awakened by the commotion heard him say to the victim " It's okay. I'm here to help you."

> Probably case of Dunning Kruger, too, criminal justice PhD and I guess
> didn't consider that a camera might pick up his car, or that his Reddit
> post history might come back to bite him. He should have known if he
> wanted to have a chance to get away with it to kill black prostitutes or
> something, you kill young white women in America and the cops will hunt
> you to the ends of the Earth.

Anther offshoot is the Pennsylvania police scouring their files of unsolved murders with similar MO for possible Kohberger involvement.

Wiki has an extensive annotated article on Incel. They're now be classified as a domestic terrorism threat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel

Kohberger looks like more of Richard Speck type.

Re: Incels

<8fd15cbf-107d-41cd-a4e4-72657014f65fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114002&group=sci.electronics.design#114002

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:38:45 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 18:38 UTC

On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 12:58:06 PM UTC-5, bitrex wrote:
> On 1/8/2023 12:39 PM, bitrex wrote:
> > On 1/5/2023 6:46 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> >> Incels in the news again....
> >
> > With respect to that Bryan Kohberger dude? Yeah, probably. Seems like he
> > had a history of being a nuisance at local bars and harassing the female
> > servers.
> >
> > One or more of the women killed maybe blew him off at one point and then
> > he saw the dude who lived there posing with them on social media or
> > something and he lost his mind.
> >
> > Probably case of Dunning Kruger, too, criminal justice PhD
> PhD student, rather.
>
> "According to the newly released affidavit, Kohberger had applied for an
> internship with the Pullman Police Department in the fall. He wrote in
> his application essay that 'he had interest in assisting rural law
> enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze
> technological data.'"
>
> Sounds about right.

Typical. He has no idea how they're doing the analysis they're using now, but he knows he can make it better.

Re: Incels

<zwGuL.40565$Olad.38702@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114016&group=sci.electronics.design#114016

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 16:24:46 -0500
 by: bitrex - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 21:24 UTC

On 1/8/2023 1:38 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 12:58:06 PM UTC-5, bitrex wrote:
>>>
>>> With respect to that Bryan Kohberger dude? Yeah, probably. Seems like he
>>> had a history of being a nuisance at local bars and harassing the female
>>> servers.
>>>
>>> One or more of the women killed maybe blew him off at one point and then
>>> he saw the dude who lived there posing with them on social media or
>>> something and he lost his mind.
>>>
>>> Probably case of Dunning Kruger, too, criminal justice PhD
>> PhD student, rather.
>>
>> "According to the newly released affidavit, Kohberger had applied for an
>> internship with the Pullman Police Department in the fall. He wrote in
>> his application essay that 'he had interest in assisting rural law
>> enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze
>> technological data.'"
>>
>> Sounds about right.
>
> Typical. He has no idea how they're doing the analysis they're using now, but he knows he can make it better.

For about the past decade or so lots of bars have been scanning the IDs
of everyone who comes in, particularly in college towns. And a feature
of the system is they can make notes about a particular customer, like
whether they're a regular/big tipper or conversely if they're a trouble
maker.

The guy was apparently on the police's radar very early on. They might
have just pulled the "knucklehead lists" from the local joints and cross
referenced that with DMV data, then cross referenced that with all the
late-model Elantras in the area.

Re: Incels

<8898b2f7-cd07-4ca4-98fd-949cd9011b98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114023&group=sci.electronics.design#114023

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 16:22:32 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 00:22 UTC

On Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 4:24:55 PM UTC-5, bitrex wrote:
> On 1/8/2023 1:38 PM, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> >> PhD student, rather.
> >>
> >> "According to the newly released affidavit, Kohberger had applied for an
> >> internship with the Pullman Police Department in the fall. He wrote in
> >> his application essay that 'he had interest in assisting rural law
> >> enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze
> >> technological data.'"
> >>
> >> Sounds about right.
> >
> > Typical. He has no idea how they're doing the analysis they're using now, but he knows he can make it better.
> For about the past decade or so lots of bars have been scanning the IDs
> of everyone who comes in, particularly in college towns. And a feature
> of the system is they can make notes about a particular customer, like
> whether they're a regular/big tipper or conversely if they're a trouble
> maker.
>
> The guy was apparently on the police's radar very early on. They might
> have just pulled the "knucklehead lists" from the local joints and cross
> referenced that with DMV data, then cross referenced that with all the
> late-model Elantras in the area.

Law enforcement put out one of those region wide alerts on the Elantra to all the local PDs. The giveaway was the Elantra pictured did not have a front license plate, which meant it had an out of state registration. Pullman PD ran a search of all Elantra's in the area, some 20,000 vehicles, and WSU returned a hit on Kohberger's Elantra, registered in PA. It was white, about the same model year, and the ONLY one registered out of state. They must have had that info from issuing him a parking tag for the campus. They then ran a search on phone records which placed his phone at the scene at the exact timeframe of the murders. Phone records also told them he was at that address on numerous occasions prior. At any rate, Kohberger kept coming up a match on everything. Then they sent a small army to PA to get a sample of DNA either from Kohberger himself or a family member, to be compared with the crime scene DNA. Once the collected DNA sample was analyzed, the local judge signed off on the arrest warrant.