Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 17:02:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mercedes Is The First Automaker To Offer Level 3 Self-Driving In The US
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 01:02 UTC

Back in 2022, the German marque began selling its top-tier autonomous driving system dubbed Drive Pilot in Germany, after receiving the first-ever certificate of compliance for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Now, during CES 2023, Mercedes announced that its Drive Pilot system has been approved by the state of Nevada and it’s waiting for the American state to issue the official certificate of compliance, which should happen “within the two weeks,” according to the company’s press release.

But that’s not all. When the German carmaker applied for certification in Nevada, it also did the same thing in California, and it’s “optimistic” that the Golden State will “follow soon”.

https://insideevs.com/news/630075/mercedes-first-to-offer-level-3-self-driving-in-the-us/

SAE Levels of Driving Automation™ Refined for Clarity and International Audience

https://www.sae.org/blog/sae-j3016-update

What are we hearing from Musk?- more fraudulent bs about his bug ridden self-driving gimmick that caused the NHTSA to open an investigation:

Federal regulators investigating Musk Tesla ‘Full Self Driving’ tweet

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/business/musk-tesla-fsd-tweet/index.html

typical

Re: Mercedes Is The First Automaker To Offer Level 3 Self-Driving In The US

<a10194a5-15c3-465c-9682-d10c84b2c621n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114098&group=sci.electronics.design#114098

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 18:41:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Mercedes Is The First Automaker To Offer Level 3 Self-Driving In
The US
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 02:41 UTC

On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 02:02:15 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> Back in 2022, the German marque began selling its top-tier autonomous driving system dubbed Drive Pilot in Germany, after receiving the first-ever certificate of compliance for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
>
> Now, during CES 2023, Mercedes announced that its Drive Pilot system has been approved by the state of Nevada and it’s waiting for the American state to issue the official certificate of compliance, which should happen “within the two weeks,” according to the company’s press release.
>
> But that’s not all. When the German carmaker applied for certification in Nevada, it also did the same thing in California, and it’s “optimistic” that the Golden State will “follow soon”.
>
> https://insideevs.com/news/630075/mercedes-first-to-offer-level-3-self-driving-in-the-us/
>
> SAE Levels of Driving Automation™ Refined for Clarity and International Audience
>
> https://www.sae.org/blog/sae-j3016-update
>
> What are we hearing from Musk?- more fraudulent bs about his bug ridden self-driving gimmick that caused the NHTSA to open an investigation:
>
> Federal regulators investigating Musk Tesla ‘Full Self Driving’ tweet
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/business/musk-tesla-fsd-tweet/index.html
>
> typical
Autopilot self driving is an old fake, always to fail
since cars need to process satellite imaging to go ahead and predict obstacles in real time.

What is marketed and offered today is low tech marketing to sell more cars.

Autopilot cars never come with right hand crossings traffic info data since sensors are missing

You can set 100 Levels of Driving Automation
but cars need satellite overhead imaging of the traffic, processed real time to avoid obstacles

What is offered today is high-risk 1st Level Driving Automation

Elon was right to fire whole Autopilot Department to not crash his business in near future

and speaking about low tech AI technologies makes me sick

Present state of the arts in AI technologies in self driving is still low mind human driver level

Re: Mercedes Is The First Automaker To Offer Level 3 Self-Driving In The US

<64192ca7-3dcb-4d77-a9e4-92fc8b7ef10en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114100&group=sci.electronics.design#114100

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 18:48:38 -0800 (PST)
The US
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 02:48 UTC

On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:41:45 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 02:02:15 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > Back in 2022, the German marque began selling its top-tier autonomous driving system dubbed Drive Pilot in Germany, after receiving the first-ever certificate of compliance for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
> >
> > Now, during CES 2023, Mercedes announced that its Drive Pilot system has been approved by the state of Nevada and it’s waiting for the American state to issue the official certificate of compliance, which should happen “within the two weeks,” according to the company’s press release.
> >
> > But that’s not all. When the German carmaker applied for certification in Nevada, it also did the same thing in California, and it’s “optimistic” that the Golden State will “follow soon”.
> >
> > https://insideevs.com/news/630075/mercedes-first-to-offer-level-3-self-driving-in-the-us/
> >
> > SAE Levels of Driving Automation™ Refined for Clarity and International Audience
> >
> > https://www.sae.org/blog/sae-j3016-update
> >
> > What are we hearing from Musk?- more fraudulent bs about his bug ridden self-driving gimmick that caused the NHTSA to open an investigation:
> >
> > Federal regulators investigating Musk Tesla ‘Full Self Driving’ tweet
> >
> > https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/business/musk-tesla-fsd-tweet/index.html
> >
> > typical
> Autopilot self driving is an old fake, always to fail
> since cars need to process satellite imaging to go ahead and predict obstacles in real time.
>
> What is marketed and offered today is low tech marketing to sell more cars.
>
> Autopilot cars never come with right hand crossings traffic info data since sensors are missing
>
> You can set 100 Levels of Driving Automation
> but cars need satellite overhead imaging of the traffic, processed real time to avoid obstacles
>
> What is offered today is high-risk 1st Level Driving Automation
>
> Elon was right to fire whole Autopilot Department to not crash his business in near future
>
> and speaking about low tech AI technologies makes me sick
>
> Present state of the arts in AI technologies in self driving is still low mind human driver level

Care to explain how a human self-drives the car without all that sensor technology?

Re: Mercedes Is The First Automaker To Offer Level 3 Self-Driving In The US

<aaedf3dc-0722-4e2c-85c7-dc87d1fa388bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114102&group=sci.electronics.design#114102

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 19:02:24 -0800 (PST)
The US
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 03:02 UTC

On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 03:48:43 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 9:41:45 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 02:02:15 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > > Back in 2022, the German marque began selling its top-tier autonomous driving system dubbed Drive Pilot in Germany, after receiving the first-ever certificate of compliance for an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
> > >
> > > Now, during CES 2023, Mercedes announced that its Drive Pilot system has been approved by the state of Nevada and it’s waiting for the American state to issue the official certificate of compliance, which should happen “within the two weeks,” according to the company’s press release.
> > >
> > > But that’s not all. When the German carmaker applied for certification in Nevada, it also did the same thing in California, and it’s “optimistic” that the Golden State will “follow soon”.
> > >
> > > https://insideevs.com/news/630075/mercedes-first-to-offer-level-3-self-driving-in-the-us/
> > >
> > > SAE Levels of Driving Automation™ Refined for Clarity and International Audience
> > >
> > > https://www.sae.org/blog/sae-j3016-update
> > >
> > > What are we hearing from Musk?- more fraudulent bs about his bug ridden self-driving gimmick that caused the NHTSA to open an investigation:
> > >
> > > Federal regulators investigating Musk Tesla ‘Full Self Driving’ tweet
> > >
> > > https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/business/musk-tesla-fsd-tweet/index.html
> > >
> > > typical
> > Autopilot self driving is an old fake, always to fail
> > since cars need to process satellite imaging to go ahead and predict obstacles in real time.
> >
> > What is marketed and offered today is low tech marketing to sell more cars.
> >
> > Autopilot cars never come with right hand crossings traffic info data since sensors are missing
> >
> > You can set 100 Levels of Driving Automation
> > but cars need satellite overhead imaging of the traffic, processed real time to avoid obstacles
> >
> > What is offered today is high-risk 1st Level Driving Automation
> >
> > Elon was right to fire whole Autopilot Department to not crash his business in near future
> >
> > and speaking about low tech AI technologies makes me sick
> >
> > Present state of the arts in AI technologies in self driving is still low mind human driver level
> Care to explain how a human self-drives the car without all that sensor technology?
Humans are made of 100+ sensors and previous events history
and still crash the cars

Since Mercedes gets no access to overhead satellite imaging, processed real time, so how to hell driving this car can you survive in case of any crash ?

Autopilots are developed by flat brainers, since top brainers get higher paid jobs.

So if you are a top brainer driver, how can you drive autopilot car, developed by flat brainers ?

Europe is low in AI, self-driving, autopilots.

Self-driving safe solutions come from China, since China has more cars than
than there are fish in the oceans of the entire world
and 1,000+ engineers can provide team work success.

US Boeing crashed twice on failed single AOA sensor MCAS system, so US has no top brain engineers to develop autopilot technologies now or in a future..

Mercedes comes from Germany.
Germany is a small country and has no engineers to develop such systems now or in a future.

We must get real to survive as car drivers