Mathematicians practice absolute freedom. -- Henry Adams

tech / sci.electronics.design / Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press

SubjectAuthor
* Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding,a a
`* Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding,Fred Bloggs
 +- Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding,Ricky
 `* Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides John Larkin
  `- Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding,Ricky

1
Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press

<7a62cbf6-c5d7-4fc8-99b2-5f15f0745ae2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114133&group=sci.electronics.design#114133

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 08:31:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding,
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 16:31 UTC

Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides
Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET
First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET
By Associated Press
comments
Rescuers end search for boy swept away by floodwaters near Paso Robles as powerful storms continue to drench California
A man wades through a flooded street in the Rio Del Mar neighborhood of Aptos, Calif., on Monday. Associated Press

This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on more articles?
Give your feedback below or email
audiofeedback@marketwatch.com
..

LOS ANGELES — Rescuers ended the search for a 5-year-old boy who was swept away by floodwaters in central coastal California while the entire community of Montecito was ordered evacuated Monday as residents grappled with flooding and mudslides as the latest in a series of powerful storms walloped the state.

Tens of thousands of people remained without power, and some schools closed for the day. The number of deaths related to the storms climbed from 12 to 14 on Monday, state officials said.

The search for the boy, who has not been declared dead, was called off around 3 p.m. because the current and rising water levels of the Salinas River were too dangerous for divers, said spokesperson Tony Cipolla of the San Luis Obispo

Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press

<a427c5ae-bd22-4f38-a1e8-bda5f0451483n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114142&group=sci.electronics.design#114142

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 12:29:02 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 20:29 UTC

On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 11:31:37 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides
> Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET
> First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET
> By Associated Press
> comments
> Rescuers end search for boy swept away by floodwaters near Paso Robles as powerful storms continue to drench California
> A man wades through a flooded street in the Rio Del Mar neighborhood of Aptos, Calif., on Monday. Associated Press
>
> This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on more articles?
> Give your feedback below or email
> audiof...@marketwatch.com
> .
>
> LOS ANGELES — Rescuers ended the search for a 5-year-old boy who was swept away by floodwaters in central coastal California while the entire community of Montecito was ordered evacuated Monday as residents grappled with flooding and mudslides as the latest in a series of powerful storms walloped the state.
>
> Tens of thousands of people remained without power, and some schools closed for the day. The number of deaths related to the storms climbed from 12 to 14 on Monday, state officials said.
>
> The search for the boy, who has not been declared dead, was called off around 3 p.m. because the current and rising water levels of the Salinas River were too dangerous for divers, said spokesperson Tony Cipolla of the San Luis Obispo

Overpopulation makes the situation worse. Obviously if there weren't so many people in harm's way there would be less harm.

Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press

<f0e5a900-1ae0-4f7b-bc50-25a3fe72dc98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114146&group=sci.electronics.design#114146

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:06:51 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 22:06 UTC

On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 3:29:06 PM UTC-5, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 11:31:37 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides
> > Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET
> > First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET
> > By Associated Press
> > comments
> > Rescuers end search for boy swept away by floodwaters near Paso Robles as powerful storms continue to drench California
> > A man wades through a flooded street in the Rio Del Mar neighborhood of Aptos, Calif., on Monday. Associated Press
> >
> > This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on more articles?
> > Give your feedback below or email
> > audiof...@marketwatch.com
> > .
> >
> > LOS ANGELES — Rescuers ended the search for a 5-year-old boy who was swept away by floodwaters in central coastal California while the entire community of Montecito was ordered evacuated Monday as residents grappled with flooding and mudslides as the latest in a series of powerful storms walloped the state.
> >
> > Tens of thousands of people remained without power, and some schools closed for the day. The number of deaths related to the storms climbed from 12 to 14 on Monday, state officials said.
> >
> > The search for the boy, who has not been declared dead, was called off around 3 p.m. because the current and rising water levels of the Salinas River were too dangerous for divers, said spokesperson Tony Cipolla of the San Luis Obispo
> Overpopulation makes the situation worse. Obviously if there weren't so many people in harm's way there would be less harm.

LOL Sometimes people say the darndest things! Larkin is a hoot, but Bloggs is just plain silly.

Let's round up all those overpopulated people and take them over to Bloggs house! Yeah! Party! Party!

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press

<eoqrrh95fquso38t39ld8akch2mn35dfap@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114157&group=sci.electronics.design#114157

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:50:37 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 22:50 UTC

On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 12:29:02 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 11:31:37 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
>> Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides
>> Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET
>> First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET
>> By Associated Press
>> comments
>> Rescuers end search for boy swept away by floodwaters near Paso Robles as powerful storms continue to drench California
>> A man wades through a flooded street in the Rio Del Mar neighborhood of Aptos, Calif., on Monday. Associated Press
>>
>> This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on more articles?
>> Give your feedback below or email
>> audiof...@marketwatch.com
>> .
>>
>> LOS ANGELES — Rescuers ended the search for a 5-year-old boy who was swept away by floodwaters in central coastal California while the entire community of Montecito was ordered evacuated Monday as residents grappled with flooding and mudslides as the latest in a series of powerful storms walloped the state.
>>
>> Tens of thousands of people remained without power, and some schools closed for the day. The number of deaths related to the storms climbed from 12 to 14 on Monday, state officials said.
>>
>> The search for the boy, who has not been declared dead, was called off around 3 p.m. because the current and rising water levels of the Salinas River were too dangerous for divers, said spokesperson Tony Cipolla of the San Luis Obispo
>
>Overpopulation makes the situation worse. Obviously if there weren't so many people in harm's way there would be less harm.

People like to build on beaches and riverfronts and hillsides and in
flood plains. Then weather happens.

Cheap federal-sponsored flood insurance helps them get a loan.

Re: Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET By Associated Press

<b78dc956-3862-4c10-877e-9954bd10187fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114175&group=sci.electronics.design#114175

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 15:54:05 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 23:54 UTC

On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 5:50:47 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 12:29:02 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 11:31:37 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> >> Tens of thousands evacuated along California coast amid flooding, mudslides
> >> Last Updated: Jan. 9, 2023 at 7:56 p.m. ET
> >> First Published: Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:40 p.m. ET
> >> By Associated Press
> >> comments
> >> Rescuers end search for boy swept away by floodwaters near Paso Robles as powerful storms continue to drench California
> >> A man wades through a flooded street in the Rio Del Mar neighborhood of Aptos, Calif., on Monday. Associated Press
> >>
> >> This feature is powered by text-to-speech technology. Want to see it on more articles?
> >> Give your feedback below or email
> >> audiof...@marketwatch.com
> >> .
> >>
> >> LOS ANGELES — Rescuers ended the search for a 5-year-old boy who was swept away by floodwaters in central coastal California while the entire community of Montecito was ordered evacuated Monday as residents grappled with flooding and mudslides as the latest in a series of powerful storms walloped the state.
> >>
> >> Tens of thousands of people remained without power, and some schools closed for the day. The number of deaths related to the storms climbed from 12 to 14 on Monday, state officials said.
> >>
> >> The search for the boy, who has not been declared dead, was called off around 3 p.m. because the current and rising water levels of the Salinas River were too dangerous for divers, said spokesperson Tony Cipolla of the San Luis Obispo
> >
> >Overpopulation makes the situation worse. Obviously if there weren't so many people in harm's way there would be less harm.
> People like to build on beaches and riverfronts and hillsides and in
> flood plains. Then weather happens.
>
> Cheap federal-sponsored flood insurance helps them get a loan.

People like to build in San Francisco and then earthquakes happen.