You've been Berkeley'ed!

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.

SubjectAuthor
* Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.Pentcho Valev
+* Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.Pentcho Valev
|`- Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.Pentcho Valev
`* Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.Thomas Heger
 `- Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.Josue De felice

1
Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.

<45d105e3-8755-41c1-bede-be688515f9b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=113740&group=sci.physics.relativity#113740

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 02:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 09:48 UTC

An observer starts moving toward the light source with speed v:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE

Frequency at the moving observer shifts from f=c/λ to f'=(c+v)/λ.

Speed of light relative to the moving observer shifts from c to ?

Wavelength shifts from λ to ?

Remember: (frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)

Here is a clue:

"The Doppler effect is the shift in frequency of a wave that occurs when the wave source, or the detector of the wave, is moving. Applications of the Doppler effect range from medical tests using ultrasound to radar detectors and astronomy (with electromagnetic waves)...Moving Observer. Let's say you, the observer, now move toward the source with velocity Vo. You encounter more waves per unit time than you did before. Relative to you, the waves travel at a higher speed: V' = V+Vo. The frequency of the waves you detect is higher, and is given by: f' = V'/λ = (V+Vo)/λ." http://physics.bu.edu/~redner/211-sp06/class19/class19_doppler.html

If the answer to the test is

Speed of light relative to the moving observer shifts from c to c'=c+v.
Wavelength shifts from λ to λ (doesn't shift).

that is, if the speed of light is variable, not constant, then, as the following quotations imply, modern physics, predicated on Einstein's 1905 constant-speed-of-light falsehood, is long dead (exists in a zombie state):

Bryan Wallace: "Einstein's special relativity theory with his second postulate that the speed of light in space is constant is the linchpin that holds the whole range of modern physics theories together. Shatter this postulate, and modern physics becomes an elaborate farce!...The speed of light is c+v." http://www.kritik-relativitaetstheorie.de/2013/02/the-farce-of-physics-2/ Note: Bryan Wallace wrote "The Farce of Physics" on his deathbed so one should not judge him too severely for (numerous) imperfections.

Joao Magueijo, Niayesh Afshordi: "The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light...So we had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard..vice.com/en_us/article/8q87gk/light-speed-slowed

"He opened by explaining how Einstein's theory of relativity is the foundation of every other theory in modern physics and that the assumption that the speed of light is constant is the foundation of that theory. Thus a constant speed of light is embedded in all of modern physics and to propose a varying speed of light (VSL) is worse than swearing! It is like proposing a language without vowels." http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/VSLRevPrnt.html

"If there's one thing every schoolboy knows about Einstein and his theory of relativity, it is that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. No matter what the circumstances, light in vacuum travels at the same speed...The speed of light is the very keystone of physics, the seemingly sure foundation upon which every modern cosmological theory is built, the yardstick by which everything in the universe is measured...The constancy of the speed of light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays, to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present in the vocabulary of physics." https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257

Pentcho Valev https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.

<7d7ec544-ea4a-43c4-b4ea-7127a9412a98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=113793&group=sci.physics.relativity#113793

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 09:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 16:08 UTC

The test again:

[...]

Einsteinians would readily produce this answer:

Speed of light relative to the moving observer shifts from c to c (there is no shift: the speed of light is invariable).

The problem is that the above answer entails an obviously preposterous answer for the wavelength:

Wavelength shifts from λ to λ'=λc/(c+v).

That the motion of the observer changes the wavelength of the incoming light from λ to λ'=λc/(c+v) is too preposterous, even by the standards of the Einstein Cult. Accordingly, Einsteinians never teach this deep insight. On the other hand, sane scientists teach that the wavelength is invariable in this scenario, but the hypnotised scientific community is unable to see that invariable wavelength is fatal for Einstein's relativity (and for modern physics as a whole).

"Thus, the moving observer sees a wave possessing the same wavelength...but a different frequency...to that seen by the stationary observer." http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/315/Waveshtml/node41.html

"Vo is the velocity of an observer moving towards the source. This velocity is independent of the motion of the source. Hence, the velocity of waves relative to the observer is c + Vo...The motion of an observer does not alter the wavelength. The increase in frequency is a result of the observer encountering more wavelengths in a given time." http://a-levelphysicstutor.com/wav-doppler.php

"The wavelength is staying the same in this case." https://youtube.com/watch?v=MHepfIIsKcE

Pentcho Valev https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.

<e9a1914a-ee2b-43e6-a6a0-4455288cfd18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=113848&group=sci.physics.relativity#113848

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:51:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 21:51 UTC

Statement 1 (Kip Thorne): "If you move toward the [light] source, you see the wavelength shortened but you don't see the speed changed." https://youtu..be/mvdlN4H4T54?t=296

Statement 2. "Thus, the moving observer sees a wave possessing the same wavelength...but a different frequency...to that seen by the stationary observer." http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/315/Waveshtml/node41.html

In Einstein's schizophrenic world, Statement 1 and Statement 2 are perfectly compatible. Professors normally teach Statement 2 - without assuming, explicitly or implicitly, that the wavelength remains constant, it would be impossible to reasonably derive the Doppler frequency shift at the moving observer. Professors should only avoid words suggesting that the speed of light relative to the observer varies - things can become dangerous.

Statement 1 is also taught of course, on more solemn occasions. The speed of light relative to the observer gloriously remains constant, and that's that:

https://youtu.be/-Irlq3TFr8Q?t=81

In this case the variation of the wavelength should not be mentioned - it is too preposterous, even by the standards of the Einstein Cult. Kip Thorne's words above are an exception, and I have found only one analogous exception on the Internet:

John Norton: "Here's a light wave and an observer. If the observer were to hurry towards the source of the light, the observer would now pass wavecrests more frequently than the resting observer. That would mean that moving observer would find the frequency of the light to have increased (and correspondingly for the wavelength - the distance between crests - to have decreased)." http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teaching/HPS_0410/chapters/big_bang_observed/index.html

Pentcho Valev https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.

<kbgv82Fd0ksU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114473&group=sci.physics.relativity#114473

From: ttt_...@web.de (Thomas Heger)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 07:47:47 +0200
 by: Thomas Heger - Thu, 4 May 2023 05:47 UTC

Am 28.04.2023 um 11:48 schrieb Pentcho Valev:
> An observer starts moving toward the light source with speed v:

The Experiment is called 'Schroedingers physicist', which leads to a
question, that cannot be decided unless you open an unattended
laboratory door and disturb the wave-function of physics.

TH

Re: Physics Is Dead or Alive? A Simple Test.

<u30k30$1sn2e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114518&group=sci.physics.relativity#114518

From: eee...@leejleio.el (Josue De felice)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 15:47:45 -0000 (UTC)
v9BX5QuIjasKbF1O71YMAVBFeInyxe99JXYvVP50T4AK6DrD1H/uiqJI+3k2zmI
K9TWeApVI2a1iZiJkGeOCb1vsEULKe5b6l3h7gjq8V/VWLLSc9QLHi7gLHzCdsW
gEwFiOKFNYWKrLQWCQB+D1wO+I/8CQjuMOHNlpf2LWK8Mr8IaDHfggYWNwPAraT
xkgtMu0ABcspGkQwZYPJEVBxo/St3vB+I1jCf2VlBXXB+Hl8HKPdGNq6K8ScBfS
tLBAAmGyqapYASHrBGzUFJG1xGiDsFArWgNFPQK/TFNja/AT99B/4Bwq2/kG2Af
zuAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
'_%+~jgCBc3)Dn.1M6V^U#wZor,[*5.eW*ykx*]H&C?qn3PwB~WEI:uFG#>Y`XCL>t"WU=N k>|
 by: Josue De felice - Thu, 4 May 2023 15:47 UTC

Thomas Heger wrote:

> The Experiment is called 'Schroedingers physicist', which leads to a
> question, that cannot be decided unless you open an unattended
> laboratory door and disturb the wave-function of physics.

from Greek *_anglo_* stands for khazar, *_saxon_* stands for gay. So
*_anglo_saxons_* are infact *_khazar_gays_*.

and I once loved my country until when I realized something was very wrong
*_when_JFK_was_killed_*. I thought right away lbj had something to do with
it. Now as an old man I finally realize I live in a *_terrorist_nation_*.
I never, ever would have suspected this, until I see what the usa has been
doing to people and countries around the world *_supporting_the_nazis_*.
It's beyond me.