From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 05:05:11 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 05:05 UTC

Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/01/230117133705.htm

<quote>
Together, we established the Leipzig Relation,
which says that you have to take electrons away from the oxygen in these materials
and give them to the copper in order to increase the transition temperature.
<end quote>

They also say room temperature super conductivity is only a few years away
So was fusion power?
Would be nice if it works!

Re: Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors

<e49a24e4-abef-41ce-b8b6-9485761f07f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114687&group=sci.electronics.design#114687

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 22:31:32 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 06:31 UTC

On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 1:08:26 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors
> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/01/230117133705.htm
>
> <quote>
> Together, we established the Leipzig Relation,
> which says that you have to take electrons away from the oxygen in these materials
> and give them to the copper in order to increase the transition temperature.
> <end quote>
>
> They also say room temperature super conductivity is only a few years away
> So was fusion power?
> Would be nice if it works!

I don't care, as long as they don't invent Ice-9.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors

<tq85ks$ljjb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114689&group=sci.electronics.design#114689

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 07:00:28 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 07:00 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 17 Jan 2023 22:31:32 -0800 (PST)) it happened Ricky
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote in
<e49a24e4-abef-41ce-b8b6-9485761f07f1n@googlegroups.com>:

>On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 1:08:26 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/01/230117133705.htm
>>
>> <quote>
>> Together, we established the Leipzig Relation,
>> which says that you have to take electrons away from the oxygen in these materials
>> and give them to the copper in order to increase the transition temperature.
>> <end quote>
>>
>> They also say room temperature super conductivity is only a few years away
>> So was fusion power?
>> Would be nice if it works!
>
>I don't care, as long as they don't invent Ice-9.

Well I had to lok that up:
From googe, wikipedia:
Ice-nine is a fictional solid polymorph of water from Kurt Vonnegut's novel, Cat's Cradle.

Ice-nine may also refer to:

Ice IX, a form of solid water stable at temperatures below 140 K
Ice Nine (video game), a first-person shooter video game for the Game Boy Advance
ICE-9, a fictional computer virus in the American science fiction crime drama television series Person of Interest
Music[edit]
"Ice 9", the second track on Joe Satriani's 1987 album, Surfing with the Alien
ICE-9 (album), an instrumental album by Susumu Hirasawa
Kerach 9 (English: Ice 9), an Israeli Rock band
Lyod 9 (English: Ice 9), a 2001 album by Russian rock band Smyslovye Gallyutsinatsii
See also[edit]
9ice, Nigerian musician, songwriter and dancer
Ice Nine Kills, an American heavy metal band

?

Re: Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors

<20230118a@crcomp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114698&group=sci.electronics.design#114698

From: g...@crcomp.net (Don)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:51:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Don - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:51 UTC

Ricky wrote:
> Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Researchers gain deeper understanding of mechanism behind superconductors
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2023/01/230117133705.htm
>>
>> <quote>
>> Together, we established the Leipzig Relation,
>> which says that you have to take electrons away from the oxygen in these materials
>> and give them to the copper in order to increase the transition temperature.
>> <end quote>
>>
>> They also say room temperature super conductivity is only a few years away
>> So was fusion power?
>> Would be nice if it works!
>
> I don't care, as long as they don't invent Ice-9.

Be aware of The Catalyst too:

<https://crcomp.net/arts/The%20Catalyst.html>

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;