Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:21:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Richard Dawkins: The Extended Phenotype
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:21 UTC

Are there better, short definitions for the following?

genotype: the genomic code of DNA in chromosomes eg. 46 in Homo vs 48 great apes, mutations, jumping genes etc.

phenotype: protein tissue produced by recipe of DNA, alterable behaviour due to changes in production rates eg. feather vs fur vs bare skin, nail vs claw vs hoof

extended phenotype: artefacts produced by organism's behaviour
eg. beaver lodge, dam; dauber wasp mud tube made for egg nest

---

Shelter changed from tree branch to bowl nest to domeshield to dome hut to new local housing environments, how much was this due to DNA mutation/natural selection vs cumulative culture?

Re: Richard Dawkins: The Extended Phenotype

<e8f61247-71a7-4226-a880-3aa8d574b6e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11484&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11484

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 19:48:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Richard Dawkins: The Extended Phenotype
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 02:48 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 7:21:26 PM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> Are there better, short definitions for the following?
>
> genotype: the genomic code of DNA in chromosomes eg. 46 in Homo vs 48 great apes, mutations, jumping genes etc.
>
> phenotype: protein tissue produced by recipe of DNA, alterable behaviour due to changes in production rates eg. feather vs fur vs bare skin, nail vs claw vs hoof
>
> extended phenotype: artefacts produced by organism's behaviour
> eg. beaver lodge, dam; dauber wasp mud tube made for egg nest, hut
>
> ---
>
> Shelter changed from tree branch to bowl nest to domeshield to dome hut to new local housing environments, how much was this due to DNA mutation/natural selection vs cumulative culture?

Post-transition from domeshield to dome hut with porch & hearth.
https://youtu.be/VIGxcahREjM mongolu video