A modem is a baudy house.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

SubjectAuthor
* Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan Internationala a
`* Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan InternationalFred Bloggs
 `* Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan Internationala a
  `* Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan InternationalFred Bloggs
   `* Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan InternationalGerhard Hoffmann
    +- Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan InternationalBrooke Matt
    +- Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan InternationalFred Bloggs
    `* Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Mike Monett VE3BTI

1
Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<bc9fca1e-5d11-4a80-bcea-7079aed0e8dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114612&group=sci.electronics.design#114612

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 14:56:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 22:56 UTC

https://english.news.cn/20230115/4a24b1da81ed4b89b5d5d660a2fbacfe/c.html

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<97a81d63-6768-46b1-9f8e-fbf28d0a4d62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114619&group=sci.electronics.design#114619

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 17:29:57 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 01:29 UTC

On Monday, January 16, 2023 at 5:56:33 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.
>

> https://english.news.cn/20230115/4a24b1da81ed4b89b5d5d660a2fbacfe/c.html

The student copilot was landing the plane, under the direction of the pilot.. They were originally assigned one runway but something developed and they asked the airport for a specific second runway. The airport gave them permission for the new runway and shortly thereafter the aircraft crashed.
The aircraft inexplicably started to roll longitudinally back and forth until culminating in a catastrophic aerodynamic stall with zero wing lift, causing it to crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KShSbxIOpi0

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<efcb1d76-2e62-490a-b8cf-7f72591d5de5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114639&group=sci.electronics.design#114639

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 07:44:54 -0800 (PST)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:44 UTC

On Tuesday, 17 January 2023 at 02:30:02 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Monday, January 16, 2023 at 5:56:33 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.
> >

> > https://english.news.cn/20230115/4a24b1da81ed4b89b5d5d660a2fbacfe/c.html
> The student copilot was landing the plane, under the direction of the pilot. They were originally assigned one runway but something developed and they asked the airport for a specific second runway. The airport gave them permission for the new runway and shortly thereafter the aircraft crashed.
> The aircraft inexplicably started to roll longitudinally back and forth until culminating in a catastrophic aerodynamic stall with zero wing lift, causing it to crash.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KShSbxIOpi0
one another crash due to Flight Termination System remotely activated

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<4be3f3ec-dd15-4955-a7c8-62f57186d27en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114648&group=sci.electronics.design#114648

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 10:40:16 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 18:40 UTC

On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 10:44:58 AM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 January 2023 at 02:30:02 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > On Monday, January 16, 2023 at 5:56:33 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > > Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.
> > >

> > > https://english.news.cn/20230115/4a24b1da81ed4b89b5d5d660a2fbacfe/c.html
> > The student copilot was landing the plane, under the direction of the pilot. They were originally assigned one runway but something developed and they asked the airport for a specific second runway. The airport gave them permission for the new runway and shortly thereafter the aircraft crashed.
> > The aircraft inexplicably started to roll longitudinally back and forth until culminating in a catastrophic aerodynamic stall with zero wing lift, causing it to crash.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KShSbxIOpi0
> one another crash due to Flight Termination System remotely activated

Watch the video of the final moments- a 90o roll and starting a corkscrew dive it never got to finish. Supposedly Nepal has the world's record for airline crashes.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/nepal-airplane-crash-why-pokhara-international-airport-is-worlds-most-dangerous-article-97007404

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<tq6v54$16e7k$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114653&group=sci.electronics.design#114653

From: dk4...@arcor.de (Gerhard Hoffmann)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:07:00 +0100
 by: Gerhard Hoffmann - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 20:07 UTC

Am 17.01.23 um 19:40 schrieb Fred Bloggs:

> Watch the video of the final moments- a 90o roll and starting a corkscrew dive it never got to finish. Supposedly Nepal has the world's record for airline crashes.
>
> https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/nepal-airplane-crash-why-pokhara-international-airport-is-worlds-most-dangerous-article-97007404

Very badly researched article. Probably world's most badly researched one.

Pokhara and KTM are NOT that horrible. KTM tends to be foggy
in the morning. If it needs to be Nepals, both Lukla and Jomsom
are _much_ worse.

Lukla is the door to the Everest region and located on a nose
of a mountain. If you arrive too deep, you fly against the nose
of the mountain. If you are too high, you hit the mountain
400 meters later. There is no room to go around. You have only
one try. OK, me being an ex glider pilot, I can accept that
better than most.
When we arrived at Lukla, we were greeted by a crashed Pilatus
Twin Otter to the left and another one to the right. The runway
is STEEP. Turns out to be good for starts; such a overpowered
Twin Otter is airborne after 10 meters. (2 turbines for 14 PAX)

Lukla gets foggy in the afternoon. That creates a narrow flight
window to KTM that has the fog in the morning. Sometimes it is
impossible to fly at all for a week. Then the little village
Lukla is filled with 300 disgruntled tourists whose flights
home to US or EU have just expired. If a flight is possible
in this situation, the booked passengers for this flight go
first. Only after that, the waiting list is processed.

We had such a situation, but enough buffer time. We could walk
down to Jiri where the busses go. And the bus ride on the
roof was something special, too. Just a rope in the middle of
the roof and a 20 cm high reeling around.

The other really bad airport is Jomsom. When the sun shines,
the Annapurna mountains create thermals beyond belief. That's
in a narrow valley between two >8000 meter mountains.

Google Lukla or Jomsom!

Yours truly @ Jomsom:
<
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103357048842463945642/album/AF1QipMYBHQTwzbh2wCIPDXe5LVF6KqYaGG8NZWdYlAG/AF1QipMdgeg0vfjMGCLFIlwnkbULP_qwO4UCuvIJTL7I

Pokhara airport:
<
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103357048842463945642/album/AF1QipMYBHQTwzbh2wCIPDXe5LVF6KqYaGG8NZWdYlAG/AF1QipOyny9LOcCpE2l5gB56_sjIuRpsToRT6X9H_u-i

I could not resist a test flight:
Above Pokhara. Annapurna is to the left in the fog.
It turned out that the couple who ran the aviation school flew
tourists in the summer around Neuschwanstein castle, Bavaria.
We even both knew some people from a bavarian airport.
It is a small world.

<
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103357048842463945642/album/AF1QipMYBHQTwzbh2wCIPDXe5LVF6KqYaGG8NZWdYlAG/AF1QipMgNpFQaktc2o8n0hkK5wbOjhN5MVGOeF5npNAA

Cheers, Gerhard

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<d6273538-571e-44ff-bdbf-222b18ebc094n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114661&group=sci.electronics.design#114661

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 13:39:27 -0800 (PST)
From: brookema...@gmail.com (Brooke Matt)
 by: Brooke Matt - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:39 UTC

Buy Vape Cartridges Online
Variegated Plants For Sale Near Me
Bruce Banner #3 Strain
Buy Edibles Online
Buy Dank Gummies 500mg
Brass Knuckles For Sale
White Monstera For Sale
Buy AK-47 Weed Online
Buy One Up Mushroom Bar 3.5G
Tales Of Arabian Nights
Buy Green Crack Online
Ghost Train Haze For Sale
Buy Alaskan Thunder Fuck Online
Buy Budheads Edibles Chewy Cubes 600 mg
Buy Rhaphidophora tetrasperma
Buy Acapulco Gold strain online
Batman 66 Pinball For Sale
Monstera Albo For Sale Florida
Buy Gas Heads Edibles 600mg
Buy Bhang Cartridges Online
Philodendron fibraecataphyllum
Buy Iron Man Pinball Online
Buy Sour Diesel Online
Caudex (Beaucarnea)
Twilight Zone Pinball For Sale
Buy Nova Vape Carts Online
Maranta Lemon Lime For Sale
Philodendron Caramel Marble Variegated
Blueberry Strain For Sale
Pinball Machine Star Wars
Philodendron Florida Beauty Variegata
Buy Kali Mist Online
Jurassic Park Pinball
Buy Chocolope Online
Buy Durban Poison Online
Buy Spliffin Vape Cartridges Online
Buy Skywalker OG Online
Buy Push Vape Cartridges Online
Buy Wonders 1000mg THC Canna Lean Online
Buy Grapefruit Online
Friendly Farms Carts For Sale
Buy Lemon Haze Strain
Buy Weed Online
Variegated Plant Shop
Pinball Machine For Sale Near Me
eBAY PinBall Machine
Buy Grease Monkey Exotic Carts
710 Kingpen Catridges For Sale
Buy Moonrock clear carts online
Rare Variegated Plants For Sale
Variegated Plants For Sale UK
Variegated Plants For Sale NZ
Philodendron Florida Beauty Variegated For Sale
Rove Carts For Sale

https://megaweedmarketltd.com/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/

https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/bruce_banner_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/dank_gummies/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/brass_knuckles_for_sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/white-monstera-for-sale/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/ak_47_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/one_up_bar/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/tales_of_arabian_nights/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/green_crack_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/ghost-train-haze/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy-alaskan-thunder-fuck-online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/budheads/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/buy-rhaphidophora-tetrasperma/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy-acapulco-gold-strain-online/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/batman_66_pinball_for_sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/monstera-albo-for-sale-florida/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/gas_heads/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_bhang_cartridges_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-fibraecataphyllum/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/buy_iron_man_pinball_online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/sour-diesel/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/caudex-beaucarnea/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/twilight_zone_pinball_for_sale/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_nova_vape_carts_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/maranta-lemon-lime-for-sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-caramel-marble/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/blueberry_strain/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/pinball_machine_star_wars/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-florida-beauty-2/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/kali-mist/
https://qualitypinballcompany.com/product/jurassic_park_pinball/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/chocolope/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy-durban-poison-online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/spliffin_cartridges/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/skywalker_strain/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_push_vape_cartridges_online/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/thc_lean/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/grapefruit/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/friendly_farms/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/lemon_haze/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_grease_monkey_exotic_carts/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/710_kingpen_cartridges_for_sale/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/buy_moonrock_clear_carts_online/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-florida-beauty-variegated-for-sale/
https://qualityvariegatedplants.com/product/philodendron-florida-beauty-for-sale-near-me/
https://megaweedmarketltd.com/product/rove_carts/

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<b188f7bc-f6f7-4368-b10c-fa5d36e0801cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114669&group=sci.electronics.design#114669

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:36:46 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:36 UTC

On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 3:07:08 PM UTC-5, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:
> Am 17.01.23 um 19:40 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
> > Watch the video of the final moments- a 90o roll and starting a corkscrew dive it never got to finish. Supposedly Nepal has the world's record for airline crashes.
> >
> > https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/nepal-airplane-crash-why-pokhara-international-airport-is-worlds-most-dangerous-article-97007404
> Very badly researched article. Probably world's most badly researched one..
>
> Pokhara and KTM are NOT that horrible. KTM tends to be foggy
> in the morning. If it needs to be Nepals, both Lukla and Jomsom
> are _much_ worse.
>
> Lukla is the door to the Everest region and located on a nose
> of a mountain. If you arrive too deep, you fly against the nose
> of the mountain. If you are too high, you hit the mountain
> 400 meters later. There is no room to go around. You have only
> one try. OK, me being an ex glider pilot, I can accept that
> better than most.
> When we arrived at Lukla, we were greeted by a crashed Pilatus
> Twin Otter to the left and another one to the right. The runway
> is STEEP. Turns out to be good for starts; such a overpowered
> Twin Otter is airborne after 10 meters. (2 turbines for 14 PAX)
>
> Lukla gets foggy in the afternoon. That creates a narrow flight
> window to KTM that has the fog in the morning. Sometimes it is
> impossible to fly at all for a week. Then the little village
> Lukla is filled with 300 disgruntled tourists whose flights
> home to US or EU have just expired. If a flight is possible
> in this situation, the booked passengers for this flight go
> first. Only after that, the waiting list is processed.
>
> We had such a situation, but enough buffer time. We could walk
> down to Jiri where the busses go. And the bus ride on the
> roof was something special, too. Just a rope in the middle of
> the roof and a 20 cm high reeling around.
>
> The other really bad airport is Jomsom. When the sun shines,
> the Annapurna mountains create thermals beyond belief. That's
> in a narrow valley between two >8000 meter mountains.
>
> Google Lukla or Jomsom!

I watched some videos of landing and takeoffs at Lukla. Just one hiccup and the plane is gone.

For this latest crash it looks like something was broken, like a control surface, and the pilot didn't have enough time to figure out how to work around it.

This crash from 37 years ago was a case in point where the pilot completely loss control of the aircraft due to structural failure. But he figured out how to work the thrusts to the engines differentially to maintain yaw control. He was making it back to the airport but was so distracted by working the controls that he overlooked his terrain clearance and crashed into a mountainside. Amazingly most of the passengers survived the crash but died of their injuries before rescue could get to them in the steep terrain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_Flight_123

> Yours truly @ Jomsom:
> <
> https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103357048842463945642/album/AF1QipMYBHQTwzbh2wCIPDXe5LVF6KqYaGG8NZWdYlAG/AF1QipMdgeg0vfjMGCLFIlwnkbULP_qwO4UCuvIJTL7I
> >

> Pokhara airport:
> <
> https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103357048842463945642/album/AF1QipMYBHQTwzbh2wCIPDXe5LVF6KqYaGG8NZWdYlAG/AF1QipOyny9LOcCpE2l5gB56_sjIuRpsToRT6X9H_u-i
> >

> I could not resist a test flight:
> Above Pokhara. Annapurna is to the left in the fog.
> It turned out that the couple who ran the aviation school flew
> tourists in the summer around Neuschwanstein castle, Bavaria.
> We even both knew some people from a bavarian airport.
> It is a small world.
>
> <
> https://get.google.com/albumarchive/103357048842463945642/album/AF1QipMYBHQTwzbh2wCIPDXe5LVF6KqYaGG8NZWdYlAG/AF1QipMgNpFQaktc2o8n0hkK5wbOjhN5MVGOeF5npNAA

Interesting- just looking at those pictures makes me gasp for oxygen. No thanks ever going there.

> Cheers, Gerhard

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<XnsAF8FC7ED43Cidtokenpost@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114678&group=sci.electronics.design#114678

From: spa...@not.com (Mike Monett VE3BTI)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 00:44:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Monett VE3BTI - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 00:44 UTC

Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de> wrote:

> Am 17.01.23 um 19:40 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
>
>> Watch the video of the final moments- a 90o roll and starting a
>> corkscrew dive it never got to finish. Supposedly Nepal has the world's
>> record for airline crashes.
>>
>> https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/nepal-airplane-crash-why-pokhara-inter
>> national-airport-is-worlds-most-dangerous-article-97007404
>
> Very badly researched article. Probably world's most badly researched
> one.

Looks like a standard stall/spin. Too slow.

Video Captures Plane Losing Control Moments Before Crashing in Nepal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbrNP9Q5Io

--
MRM

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<tq7gfe$16e7k$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114679&group=sci.electronics.design#114679

From: dk4...@arcor.de (Gerhard Hoffmann)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 02:02:38 +0100
 by: Gerhard Hoffmann - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 01:02 UTC

Am 18.01.23 um 01:44 schrieb Mike Monett VE3BTI:
> Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de> wrote:

No, I did not write that.

>> Am 17.01.23 um 19:40 schrieb Fred Bloggs:
>>
>>> Watch the video of the final moments- a 90o roll and starting a
>>> corkscrew dive it never got to finish. Supposedly Nepal has the world's
>>> record for airline crashes.
>>>
>>> https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/nepal-airplane-crash-why-pokhara-inter
>>> national-airport-is-worlds-most-dangerous-article-97007404
>>
>> Very badly researched article. Probably world's most badly researched
>> one.
>
> Looks like a standard stall/spin. Too slow.
>
> Video Captures Plane Losing Control Moments Before Crashing in Nepal
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbrNP9Q5Io

Yes, from the short snipped I saw in the news: He was both too
low and too slow and when he tried to do a right turn, the
inner wing stalled.

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<XnsAF9063DE2BB4idtokenpost@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114685&group=sci.electronics.design#114685

From: spa...@not.com (Mike Monett VE3BTI)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 05:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Monett VE3BTI - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 05:37 UTC

Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de> wrote:

>> Looks like a standard stall/spin. Too slow.
>>
>> Video Captures Plane Losing Control Moments Before Crashing in Nepal
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbrNP9Q5Io
>
> Yes, from the short snipped I saw in the news: He was both too
> low and too slow and when he tried to do a right turn, the
> inner wing stalled.

blancolirio calls it the same way:

Nepal ATR 72 Crash 15 Jan 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnuVPUsz9VE

A possible cure is flaperons, as used on the KitFox:

Kitfox - So Safe It Will Barely Kill You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7mtq4zW6E

Another option: I am a firm believer that pilots should get some stick and
rudder time, such as in a Piper Cub. Practise stall/spins and get used to
the mushy feeling of the controls near the stall and the shudder of the
wings. The first time you feel this in a regular plane, you will
instinctively push the nose forward to get out of the incipient stall.

The only time I stalled my brand new Piper PA-48 Malibu was when my flight
instructor told me to slow the airplane and keep the wings level with
rudder. Eventually the A/C snap rolled. It was so violent the fire
extinguisher broke loose and hit her on the back of the head, knocking her
unconscious.

So now I was alone in an airplane with the nose pointed straight at the
ground and the speed increasing by the second.

Fortunately, my most favorite pastime when flying a Piper Cub back in the
1950's was to do stall/spins. So I wasn't frightened in an A/C with the
nose pointed at the ground, and gently pulled it out of a very dangerous
situation.

Here's my plane so you can see how clean it is and how fast it built up
speed:

N4360V http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5874208&nseq=0

Of course, it would have been deadly at low altitude, such as experienced
by the pilot of the Cessna 140 Stall/Spin Accident at Wayne NE, described
by blancolirio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpPFfZ76v4Q

--
MRM

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<XnsAF90375779E3Didtokenpost@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114692&group=sci.electronics.design#114692

From: spa...@not.com (Mike Monett VE3BTI)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:32:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Monett VE3BTI - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:32 UTC

Mike Monett VE3BTI <spamme@not.com> wrote:

> Another option: I am a firm believer that pilots should get some stick
> and rudder time, such as in a Piper Cub. Practise stall/spins and get
> used to the mushy feeling of the controls near the stall and the shudder
> of the wings. The first time you feel this in a regular plane, you will
> instinctively push the nose forward to get out of the incipient stall.

Another option I forgot is sideslips. I hate S-turns. These take you away
from the runway, are very difficult to judge, and are a perfect setup for
a stall/spin.

Sideslips are the perfect solution for losing altitude quickly. This is a
case where deliberate cross-controls are the safest way of getting down.
You always have the runway in sight, and can stop the sideslip instantly.

Another pet peeve is the standard downwind, base leg, and final approach
used at controlled airports. These also set you up for stall/spins if you
misjudge your turns. By far, I prefer the circular approach used by
fighter pilots in WWII. Here, you always keep the runway in sight, and can
use sideslips if necessary to get down. Unfortunately, this approach would
probably drive controllers nuts and get you a number to call the FAA.
Great at uncontrolled airports, however.

Just be sure there are no other A/C in the vicinity, and declare your
intentions on the typical Unicom frequency of 122.8 MHz. But it could also
be 122.7 MHz or 123.0 MHz. Also check the MULTICOM frequency of 122.9 MHz.
The airport data will show the frequency in use.

--
MRM

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<5ec9f5ed-a39d-47ec-85f7-3e0de9b15bb6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114715&group=sci.electronics.design#114715

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 09:59:24 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 17:59 UTC

On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 8:02:45 PM UTC-5, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:
> Am 18.01.23 um 01:44 schrieb Mike Monett VE3BTI:
> > Gerhard Hoffmann <dk...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> No, I did not write that.

> >> Very badly researched article. Probably world's most badly researched
> >> one.
> >
> > Looks like a standard stall/spin. Too slow.
> >
> > Video Captures Plane Losing Control Moments Before Crashing in Nepal
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbrNP9Q5Io
> Yes, from the short snipped I saw in the news: He was both too
> low and too slow and when he tried to do a right turn, the
> inner wing stalled.

He/she wasn't making a right turn, they were coming in for landing. The final turn was left btw. As analyzed by an Australian aviation expert, the nose was up too high and the airspeed was too slow. It is standard practice, and necessity, to have nose up at landing for the large and heavy commercial aircraft. With all that weight, it's fairly easy to damage the aircraft. The ATR-72-600 is fairly big, it was carrying 78 passengers. It's not a Piper Cub. How the heck could it not stall with the wings banked at nearly 90o.

https://simpleflying.com/why-aircraft-land-on-their-rear-wheels-first/#:~:text=To%20overcome%20the%20pressure%20put,down%20for%20a%20smooth%20landing.

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<069250ad-58d3-473a-bafa-d79accae06a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114719&group=sci.electronics.design#114719

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:19:58 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 18:19 UTC

On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 8:02:45 PM UTC-5, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:
> Am 18.01.23 um 01:44 schrieb Mike Monett VE3BTI:
> > Gerhard Hoffmann <dk...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> No, I did not write that.

> >> Very badly researched article. Probably world's most badly researched
> >> one.
> >
> > Looks like a standard stall/spin. Too slow.
> >
> > Video Captures Plane Losing Control Moments Before Crashing in Nepal
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbrNP9Q5Io
> Yes, from the short snipped I saw in the news: He was both too
> low and too slow and when he tried to do a right turn, the
> inner wing stalled.

It looks to me like the left landing gear was dangling, looked like it was swinging around and not locked in position. The pilot may have been trying for a last minute abort and was in such a hurry forgot all about the flap setting.

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<425f1031-99dd-4b60-b8b5-c856e10a1305n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114727&group=sci.electronics.design#114727

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 13:18:30 -0800 (PST)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 21:18 UTC

On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 8:15:35 AM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 9:32:33 PM UTC+11, Mike Monett VE3BTI wrote:
> > Mike Monett VE3BTI <spa...@not.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Another option: I am a firm believer that pilots should get some stick
> > > and rudder time, such as in a Piper Cub. Practise stall/spins and get
> > > used to the mushy feeling of the controls near the stall and the shudder
> > > of the wings. The first time you feel this in a regular plane, you will
> > > instinctively push the nose forward to get out of the incipient stall.
> > Another option I forgot is sideslips. I hate S-turns. These take you away
> > from the runway, are very difficult to judge, and are a perfect setup for
> > a stall/spin.
> >
> > Sideslips are the perfect solution for losing altitude quickly. This is a
> > case where deliberate cross-controls are the safest way of getting down.
> > You always have the runway in sight, and can stop the sideslip instantly.
> >
> > Another pet peeve is the standard downwind, base leg, and final approach
> > used at controlled airports. These also set you up for stall/spins if you
> > misjudge your turns. By far, I prefer the circular approach used by
> > fighter pilots in WWII. Here, you always keep the runway in sight, and can
> > use sideslips if necessary to get down. Unfortunately, this approach would
> > probably drive controllers nuts and get you a number to call the FAA.
> > Great at uncontrolled airports, however.
> >
> > Just be sure there are no other A/C in the vicinity, and declare your
> > intentions on the typical Unicom frequency of 122.8 MHz. But it could also
> > be 122.7 MHz or 123.0 MHz. Also check the MULTICOM frequency of 122.9 MHz.
> > The airport data will show the frequency in use.
> This the sort of detail that Flyguy professes to know - and never posts - which is why I've renamed him Sewage Sweeper, because the only stuff he does come up with is recycled Trump election propaganda, which is only fit for the nearest sewer.

You can't be serious. All he did was just describe how not to fly an airplane. Something that should have been routine almost turned into a disaster.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2014/september/flight-training-magazine/technique--snap-rolls

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<b5ead5d6-4b98-44a8-bd50-8fbfce109e97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114729&group=sci.electronics.design#114729

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 18 Jan 2023 22:20 UTC

On Wednesday, 18 January 2023 at 22:18:35 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 8:15:35 AM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > Another option I forgot is sideslips. I hate S-turns. These take you away
> > > from the runway, are very difficult to judge, and are a perfect setup for
> > > a stall/spin.
> > >
> > > Sideslips are the perfect solution for losing altitude quickly. This is a
> > > case where deliberate cross-controls are the safest way of getting down.
> > > You always have the runway in sight, and can stop the sideslip instantly.
> > >
> > > Another pet peeve is the standard downwind, base leg, and final approach
> > > used at controlled airports. These also set you up for stall/spins if you
> > > misjudge your turns. By far, I prefer the circular approach used by
> > > fighter pilots in WWII. Here, you always keep the runway in sight, and can
> > > use sideslips if necessary to get down. Unfortunately, this approach would
> > > probably drive controllers nuts and get you a number to call the FAA.
> > > Great at uncontrolled airports, however.
> > >
> > > Just be sure there are no other A/C in the vicinity, and declare your
> > > intentions on the typical Unicom frequency of 122.8 MHz. But it could also
> > > be 122.7 MHz or 123.0 MHz. Also check the MULTICOM frequency of 122.9 MHz.
> > > The airport data will show the frequency in use.
> > This the sort of detail that Flyguy professes to know - and never posts - which is why I've renamed him Sewage Sweeper, because the only stuff he does come up with is recycled Trump election propaganda, which is only fit for the nearest sewer.
> You can't be serious. All he did was just describe how not to fly an airplane. Something that should have been routine almost turned into a disaster.
>
> https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2014/september/flight-training-magazine/technique--snap-rolls

don't be silly
linking web content on how to fly a small plane is highly irrelevant

Ian J. Twombly is senior content producer for AOPA Media.

AOPA Media is You Can Fly service for hobby pilots, not licenced to pilot passenger airplanes

__

https://youcanfly.aopa.org/?_ga=2.237125952.170969669.1674080072-1175874177.1674080072

Re: Prem Nath Thakur, general manager of the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, said the plane had been granted landing clearance before it crashed in the Seti River gorge.

<240b7c1b-7ede-4e62-8faa-e1a6ae5c626bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114730&group=sci.electronics.design#114730

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design