There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

SubjectAuthor
* The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
+* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Richard Hertz
|+- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.whodat
|`* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
| `- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Dono.
+* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.JanPB
+* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.gehan.am...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
+- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.whodat
+* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Tom Roberts
|+* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Luther Kokoris
||`* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
|| +- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.John-Paul Vlahos
|| `* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Richard Hertz
||  +- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Athel Cornish-Bowden
||  +- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Dono.
||  `* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
||   `- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Richard Hertz
|+- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.whodat
|+- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.gehan.am...@gmail.com
|+- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
|`* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.JanPB
| `* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
|  `* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.JanPB
|   `- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
+* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jason Grammatakakis
|`* Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Jane
| `- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.Chad Stavropoulos
`- Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.carl eto

Pages:12
The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<175d5306aad4f5bd$37$2249759$1d38bda@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115103&group=sci.physics.relativity#115103

From: Jan...@home.com (Jane)
Subject: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 00:45:23 +0000
 by: Jane - Tue, 9 May 2023 00:45 UTC

Take a piece of paper..
Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
Agree that it does not.
Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE
Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
Move the tape across your screen.
Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving tape.

Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
inferior mentality.

--
-- lover of truth

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<c3ae6a28-3219-4c82-9cd3-dc182d43480cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115105&group=sci.physics.relativity#115105

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 18:36:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Tue, 9 May 2023 01:36 UTC

On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 9:47:18 PM UTC-3, Jane wrote:
> Take a piece of paper..
> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> Agree that it does not.
> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
> Move the tape across your screen.
> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving tape.
>
> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
> inferior mentality.
>

> --
> -- lover of truth

Spiraling down to full dementia. Now at 70% of it.

Go out and take a sunbath, before you start thinking that's the Moon, poor lonely soul.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<057195a4-6119-47f2-ad36-61b4818a8654n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115110&group=sci.physics.relativity#115110

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 20:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Tue, 9 May 2023 03:10 UTC

On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 5:47:18 PM UTC-7, Jane wrote:
> Take a piece of paper..
> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> Agree that it does not.

Problem is that many waves are not SWOPs.
So they do oscillate as they travel "across you computer screen".
I recommend a decent undergraduate text of waves, e.g. Crawford's
Berkeley volume.

> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP

Define "resemble". The devil is in the details.

> and the TWE
> Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.

I disagree.

> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.

I disagree.

What's wrong with you?

--
Jan

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<64a727b4-616f-4e1a-a22f-22532c48eb69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115115&group=sci.physics.relativity#115115

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 20:59:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: gehan.am...@gmail.com (gehan.am...@gmail.com)
 by: gehan.am...@gmail.co - Tue, 9 May 2023 03:59 UTC

On Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 5:47:18 AM UTC+5, Jane wrote:
> Take a piece of paper..
> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> Agree that it does not.
> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
> Move the tape across your screen.
> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving tape.
>
> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
> inferior mentality.
>

> --
> -- lover of truth

I did your thought experiment. Thank you. If you define a wave in an inertial system of coordinates the trace of it in that system of coordinates stays fixed with respect to the coordinates in that system, is that what you mean?

Where do you go from here?

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<kbtuvtFcrchU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115116&group=sci.physics.relativity#115116

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 23:03:07 -0500
 by: whodat - Tue, 9 May 2023 04:03 UTC

On 5/8/2023 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:

> Take a piece of paper..
> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> Agree that it does not.
> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
> Move the tape across your screen.
> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving tape.
>
> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
> inferior mentality.

Why do you think inducing cognitive dissonance in some readers will
overall enhance your failed reputation?

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<kbtv7iFcrchU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115118&group=sci.physics.relativity#115118

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 23:07:12 -0500
 by: whodat - Tue, 9 May 2023 04:07 UTC

On 5/8/2023 8:36 PM, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 9:47:18 PM UTC-3, Jane wrote:
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
>> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
>> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
>> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
>> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE
>> Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
>> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
>> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
>> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
>> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
>> Move the tape across your screen.
>> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
>> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
>> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving tape.
>>
>> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
>> inferior mentality.
>>

>> --
>> -- lover of truth
>
> Spiraling down to full dementia. Now at 70% of it.
>
> Go out and take a sunbath, before you start thinking that's the Moon, poor lonely soul.

You've got it wrong. Narcissists are never poor lonely souls.

If there were any modicum of sanity remaining you would be
right.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<kbtvs8FcrchU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115119&group=sci.physics.relativity#115119

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 23:18:13 -0500
 by: whodat - Tue, 9 May 2023 04:18 UTC

On 5/8/2023 10:10 PM, JanPB wrote:
> On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 5:47:18 PM UTC-7, Jane wrote:
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
>> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
>> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
>> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>
> Problem is that many waves are not SWOPs.
> So they do oscillate as they travel "across you computer screen".
> I recommend a decent undergraduate text of waves, e.g. Crawford's
> Berkeley volume.
>
>> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
>> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP
>
> Define "resemble". The devil is in the details.
>
>> and the TWE
>> Agree that their outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
>
> I disagree.
>
>> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
>> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
>> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
>
> I disagree.
>
> What's wrong with you?

"Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret
reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of
hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and
behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling."

<https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/schizophrenia/symptoms-causes/syc-20354443#:~:text=Schizophrenia%20is%20a%20serious%20mental,with%20schizophrenia%20require%20lifelong%20treatment.>

Unfortunately I've been wasting my time attempting to communicate with
her. The illness is a one way street with no recovery available. As the
disease progresses it rewires the victim's brain leading to further
deterioration.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<u3cm7g$65ut$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115134&group=sci.physics.relativity#115134

From: vol...@invalid.invalid (Volney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 01:37:58 -0400
 by: Volney - Tue, 9 May 2023 05:37 UTC

On 5/9/2023 12:18 AM, whodat wrote:
> On 5/8/2023 10:10 PM, JanPB wrote:
>> On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 5:47:18 PM UTC-7, Jane wrote:

>>> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
>>> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE
>>> Agree that its outline does not oscillate.
>>
>> I disagree.
>>
>> What's wrong with you?
>
> "Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret
> reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of
> hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and
> behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling."

And it tends to run in families. Remember who Jane claims as her uncle,
the one and only Androclueless.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<175d6989f345de8f$26$223354$c5d34fd6@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115147&group=sci.physics.relativity#115147

From: Jan...@home.com (Jane)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 07:37:56 +0000
 by: Jane - Tue, 9 May 2023 07:37 UTC

On Mon, 08 May 2023 20:59:22 -0700, gehan.am...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 5:47:18 AM UTC+5, Jane wrote:
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
>> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you
>> computer screen repeatedly...
>> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
>> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE Agree that their
>> outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
>> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
>> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE Agree that its
>> outline does not oscillate.
>> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
>> Move the tape across your screen.
>> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
>> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
>> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving
>> tape.
>>
>> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
>> inferior mentality.
>>

>> --
>> -- lover of truth
>
> I did your thought experiment. Thank you. If you define a wave in an
> inertial system of coordinates the trace of it in that system of
> coordinates stays fixed with respect to the coordinates in that system,
> is that what you mean?
>
> Where do you go from here?

I would suggest you go for help. You have all failed. Obviously not one
of you understands the meaning of the standard travelling wave equation.
You have all demonstrated an inferior mentality.

--
-- lover of truth

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<175d69ada1d38b3b$27$223354$c5d34fd6@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115148&group=sci.physics.relativity#115148

From: Jan...@home.com (Jane)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 07:40:30 +0000
 by: Jane - Tue, 9 May 2023 07:40 UTC

On Mon, 08 May 2023 18:36:55 -0700, Richard Hertz wrote:

> On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 9:47:18 PM UTC-3, Jane wrote:
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
>> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you
>> computer screen repeatedly...
>> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
>> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE Agree that their
>> outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
>> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph).
>> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE Agree that its
>> outline does not oscillate.
>> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
>> Move the tape across your screen.
>> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
>> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
>> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving
>> tape.
>>
>> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
>> inferior mentality.
>>

>> --
>> -- lover of truth
>
> Spiraling down to full dementia. Now at 70% of it.
>
> Go out and take a sunbath, before you start thinking that's the Moon,
> poor lonely soul.

hey mate. Please don't post articles while you are in a brothel.

--
-- lover of truth

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<f406399e-00f4-480f-b335-75ffb8bc23b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115162&group=sci.physics.relativity#115162

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 09:01:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Tue, 9 May 2023 16:01 UTC

On Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 12:42:50 AM UTC-7, Jane wrote:
> On Mon, 08 May 2023 18:36:55 -0700, Richard Hertz wrote:
>
> > On Monday, May 8, 2023 at 9:47:18 PM UTC-3, Jane wrote:
> >> Take a piece of paper..
> >> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> >> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you
> >> computer screen repeatedly...
> >> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> >> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> >> Agree that it does not.
> >> Go to a beach and watch some ocean waves.
> >> Agree that they resemble your moving SWOP and the TWE Agree that their
> >> outline does not oscillate in their own FOR.
> >> Consider Maxwell's illustration of an EM wave (just the E field graph)..
> >> Agree that it resembles your moving SWOP and the TWE Agree that its
> >> outline does not oscillate.
> >> Record on magnetic tape a short interval of middle C sound.
> >> Move the tape across your screen.
> >> Agree that the information on tape resembles your SWOP.
> >> Agree that the information on the tape does not oscillate.
> >> Agree that a short burst of middle C on radio resembles the moving
> >> tape.
> >>
> >> Provide evidence that disagreement with the above does not reveal an
> >> inferior mentality.
> >>

> >> --
> >> -- lover of truth
> >
> > Spiraling down to full dementia. Now at 70% of it.
> >
> > Go out and take a sunbath, before you start thinking that's the Moon,
> > poor lonely soul.
> hey mate. Please don't post articles while you are in a brothel.
> --
kookfight

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<p9OcnXzRQbg9AMf5nZ2dnZfqlJ9j4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115178&group=sci.physics.relativity#115178

Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 14:23:12 -0500
From: tjoberts...@sbcglobal.net (Tom Roberts)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: Tom Roberts - Tue, 9 May 2023 19:23 UTC

On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:

> Take a piece of paper..
> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> Agree that it does not.

How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
and the snapshot has just a single time.

But look at the same traveling wave at a constant location in space, and
it certainly does oscillate. That is, whatever it is that is waving
varies sinusoidally over time at that location.

All you are doing is using rather unusual meanings of words and arguing
about the resulting linguistic confusions. Your discussions are devoid
of physics.

Tom Roberts

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<u3eaa9$c9on$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115183&group=sci.physics.relativity#115183

From: hek...@hoirlrkt.hi (Luther Kokoris)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 20:26:49 -0000 (UTC)
Eb+D9xWKdLhrEUp+g6lA+kBHHYpE605J3GG1gd1EQeGzJyGCdYD5CIbGwYD3Br4
3hgtzFQxuaDKDSvrAla+sZu0W23Fg9uQN8QmuzeVFA9AeEyvO+JjxGwTHApwLn2
bdEejDL/gS/ugwaLRbNqd+wKPStcrE+QnWEBYb80GnJgsfJ88zrE0jVFBlPYJ6f
M+87dmOk8P+gLYcu9T3M/Lm+gH4f4Yy7P0CG5ViiqL8wn/nZQ8SNby0G/Xq+n+B
4AVQK+yj1D17V25IcXpU+AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Z_*oObKnfkt:l!-.WtU~)/h5=y"ev}cybv>~50c=L(;#WqK"Q%:RshXf0FZ+d$n`(#'G*`t
f;43Ph'gY"IS[dkn6]e/ZY8C6bqF_#aCMe]I)t"6]DmGCCU30XAU/&d=jg}]T]69ZAFfN&k zg)g
 by: Luther Kokoris - Tue, 9 May 2023 20:26 UTC

Tom Roberts wrote:

> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
>>
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave. That is called
>> a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you computer screen
>> repeatedly... Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave
>> equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>
> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
> and the snapshot has just a single time.

this is wrong as well. It's an instantaneous *_presentation_* of the
*_variation_* over a short duration of time. The variation is of a point,
not of a line.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<u3eb59$cd0f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115186&group=sci.physics.relativity#115186

From: saa...@kananton.ss (Jason Grammatakakis)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 20:41:14 -0000 (UTC)
Fo7gJprVicwkAd4r0iSaPWZA6rlL0cDGRjnjesPZDTCUOo8Q6EQH9O8GqmgScwI
hlbVGEycYZk4HLkmwGEoBLmKtaKpSHLdWFQShavg7WSwpSDKilwszgPAoazrkc6
yFxqL0GOweNajvmfYW20MVbMx0TFFvyr+Lzjr6x2pusvwBxIrP2GmQKgXgg7dwD
hOf5BuSwaTXfnDkg9YyzN+piZJ7bHtIhG8n1HjHjQsLN3raZMxfiu0hihBoA2rO
eJPRrBroFSbv+APQpzygBNdPvAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
 by: Jason Grammatakakis - Tue, 9 May 2023 20:41 UTC

Jane wrote:

> Take a piece of paper..
> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you
> computer screen repeatedly...
> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> Agree that it does not.

so you have a sinus which not oscillate?? What kind of fucking stupid are
you?

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<kc02ilFn57rU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115193&group=sci.physics.relativity#115193

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 18:16:34 -0500
 by: whodat - Tue, 9 May 2023 23:16 UTC

On 5/9/2023 2:23 PM, Tom Roberts wrote:
> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
>>
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
>> That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
>> Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
>> Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>
> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
> and the snapshot has just a single time.
>
> But look at the same traveling wave at a constant location in space, and
> it certainly does oscillate. That is, whatever it is that is waving
> varies sinusoidally over time at that location.
>
> All you are doing is using rather unusual meanings of words and arguing
> about the resulting linguistic confusions. Your discussions are devoid
> of physics.
>
> Tom Roberts

You don't award points for arguing?

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<36d37779-ac63-409e-af22-a42ece5e830fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115203&group=sci.physics.relativity#115203

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 21:06:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: gehan.am...@gmail.com (gehan.am...@gmail.com)
 by: gehan.am...@gmail.co - Wed, 10 May 2023 04:06 UTC

On Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 12:25:08 AM UTC+5, Tom Roberts wrote:
> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
> >
> > Take a piece of paper..
> > Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> > That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> > Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> > Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> > Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> > Agree that it does not.
> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
> and the snapshot has just a single time.
>
> But look at the same traveling wave at a constant location in space, and
> it certainly does oscillate. That is, whatever it is that is waving
> varies sinusoidally over time at that location.

Very well, what constant location in space?

An electromagnetic wave, which, I believe exists, can be measured as travelling with velocity c relative to the source in the inertial frame of reference of the source. What of an object, initially at rest relative to the source, accelerates away from the source and is now travelling at velocity v away from the source? Since acceleration is absolute, this relative velocity is a fact.

The wave now has to travel an extra distance to catch up with the object. This takes extra time, in the source frame.

The faster the object travels, the worse the situation becomes, and in the frame of reference of the object, when the velocity of the wave is equal to the velocity of the object, the wave appears to be standing still. Even faster and the wave appears to be travelling backwards.

This cannot be, however, one cannot travel that fast. How fast?
With no absolute references, it is not possible to say how fast you are moving. It could be anything.

Jan - E is that what you mean?

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<175dacce118c4e41$132$1853841$53d3d9df@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115204&group=sci.physics.relativity#115204

From: Jan...@home.com (Jane)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 04:10:36 +0000
 by: Jane - Wed, 10 May 2023 04:10 UTC

On Tue, 09 May 2023 14:23:12 -0500, Tom Roberts wrote:

> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
>>
>> Take a piece of paper..
>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave. That is called
>> a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you computer screen
>> repeatedly... Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave
>> equation.
>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> Agree that it does not.
>
> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
> and the snapshot has just a single time.

Of course. It is the TWE solution for a particular value of t and a range
of x.
> But look at the same traveling wave at a constant location in space, and
> it certainly does oscillate. That is, whatever it is that is waving
> varies sinusoidally over time at that location.

No Tom, you really should learn some very basic physics. That is now the
TWE solution for a particular value of x and increasing t . The wave
itself does not oscillate. It merely moves sideways as a whole. Move your
SWOP again and you will notice that this is true. The amplitude of
whatever the wave represents has an oscillating value at any value of x
as t varies. That is why a receiver can make sense of a radio signal.
> All you are doing is using rather unusual meanings of words and arguing
> about the resulting linguistic confusions. Your discussions are devoid
> of physics.

Tom, like many mathematicians, you missed out on basic physics and you
are very confused, as are all your relativist colleagues.

--
-- lover of truth

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<175dad8d86188eca$133$1853841$53d3d9df@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115206&group=sci.physics.relativity#115206

From: Jan...@home.com (Jane)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 04:24:19 +0000
 by: Jane - Wed, 10 May 2023 04:24 UTC

On Tue, 09 May 2023 20:26:49 +0000, Luther Kokoris wrote:

> Tom Roberts wrote:
>
>> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
>>>
>>> Take a piece of paper..
>>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave. That is
>>> called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you computer
>>> screen repeatedly... Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave
>>> equation.
>>> Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>>> Agree that it does not.
>>
>> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
>> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
>> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
>> and the snapshot has just a single time.
>
> this is wrong as well. It's an instantaneous *_presentation_* of the
> *_variation_* over a short duration of time.

actually, over an 'instant'....and the wave has not varied

>The variation is of a point not of a line.

Yes of course....but you miss the point entirely. You are talking about
what the wave does rather than what it is. THE WAVE ITSELF DOES NOT
CHANGE IN ANY WAY. IT SIMPLY MOVES SIDEWAYS. It has NO 'intrinsic
frequency'. It CREATES a frequency at a point if intercepted...a
frequency defined as wave arrival rate.

I cannot imagine why you people are so incapable of understanding this
very simple principle. Maybe it is because you know that nearly all the
claimed supporting evidence for SR relies on light having a frequency.

--
-- lover of truth

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<23e7fdfa-90f5-42fd-9c80-d05186c7e44cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115216&group=sci.physics.relativity#115216

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 22:07:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Wed, 10 May 2023 05:07 UTC

On Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 12:25:08 PM UTC-7, Tom Roberts wrote:
> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
> >
> > Take a piece of paper..
> > Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave.
> > That is called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP
> > Move your SWOP across you computer screen repeatedly...
> > Observe that it demonstrates the travelling wave equation.
> > Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
> > Agree that it does not.
> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
> and the snapshot has just a single time.

He thinks that waves are translates of a fixed(*) function.

(*) i.e., time-independent.

--
Jan

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<u3g1sk$m4sd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115250&group=sci.physics.relativity#115250

From: aan...@vunnsono.an (John-Paul Vlahos)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 12:15:16 -0000 (UTC)
DOALybiVFCbBuB/zAwBaXSXYwSDGDdmAJZ3c9cXUO737VAq4NcG897811obsnrS
+iuPFr2fYTP6f4Fkviuc1OckDLQGYkj5e51r9UY1TDKV4weB6s4eQ9rPqnUqdF/
cG2Wbq2u5QW6cZG8kaqZWgbOWOyHDoQI1bMKnBALmzyTD70WY7hSan5hCEs1x0M
RSBL3sWFvwrZa1i1LuETA84jnwUBNy0l5f3/AGkMNKYYYkZSAAAAAElFTkSuQmC C
 by: John-Paul Vlahos - Wed, 10 May 2023 12:15 UTC

Jane wrote:

>>> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
>>> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
>>> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
>>> and the snapshot has just a single time.
>>
>> this is wrong as well. It's an instantaneous *_presentation_* of the
>> *_variation_* over a short duration of time.
>
> actually, over a̶n̶ 'i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶'....and the wave h̶a̶s̶ n̶o̶t̶ v̶a̶r̶i̶e̶d̶

what instant, that point varies along *_a_length_of_time_* regarding
*_the_numbers_of_crests_* you have on that paper. The length of time for
*_an_instant_is_zero_*, hence a point, not a wave. Use your fucking brain.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<12016239-6069-427c-812d-4c5bb10be2e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115251&group=sci.physics.relativity#115251

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 05:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Wed, 10 May 2023 12:55 UTC

On Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 1:24:23 AM UTC-3, Jane wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May 2023 20:26:49 +0000, Luther Kokoris wrote:
>
> > Tom Roberts wrote:

> >> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
> >> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
> >> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
> >> and the snapshot has just a single time.
> >
> > this is wrong as well. It's an instantaneous *_presentation_* of the
> > *_variation_* over a short duration of time.
> actually, over an 'instant'....and the wave has not varied
>
> >The variation is of a point not of a line.
>
> Yes of course....but you miss the point entirely. You are talking about
> what the wave does rather than what it is. THE WAVE ITSELF DOES NOT
> CHANGE IN ANY WAY. IT SIMPLY MOVES SIDEWAYS. It has NO 'intrinsic
> frequency'. It CREATES a frequency at a point if intercepted...a
> frequency defined as wave arrival rate.
>
> I cannot imagine why you people are so incapable of understanding this
> very simple principle. Maybe it is because you know that nearly all the
> claimed supporting evidence for SR relies on light having a frequency.
> --
> -- lover of truth

You are a lover of DEMENTIA or TROLLING LIKE A DROOLING IMBECILE.

Stupid being: So, in your deranged mind, the source spit entire waveforms at a given rate, like a sequence of one cycle drawings,
with the entire sinewave drawn?

You don't belong here. You belong to the FREAK CIRCUS, ASSHOLE! And you are the human walrus.

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<kc1j2nFua5gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115252&group=sci.physics.relativity#115252

From: athel...@gmail.com (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 15:04:23 +0200
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Wed, 10 May 2023 13:04 UTC

On 2023-05-10 12:55:46 +0000, Richard Hertz said:

> On Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 1:24:23 AM UTC-3, Jane wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 May 2023 20:26:49 +0000, Luther Kokoris wrote:>> > Tom
>> Roberts wrote:> >> >> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:> >>>> >>> Take a
>> piece of paper..> >>> Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a
>> sine wave. That is> >>> called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your
>> SWOP across you computer> >>> screen repeatedly... Observe that it
>> demonstrates the travelling wave> >>> equation.> >>> Observe whether or
>> not the SWOP oscillates.> >>> Agree that it does not.> >>> >> How
>> silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant> >>
>> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant>
>> time,> >> and the snapshot has just a single time.> >> > this is wrong
>> as well. It's an instantaneous *_presentation_* of the> > *_variation_*
>> over a short duration of time.
>> actually, over an 'instant'....and the wave has not varied>> >The
>> variation is of a point not of a line.>> Yes of course....but you miss
>> the point entirely. You are talking about> what the wave does rather
>> than what it is. THE WAVE ITSELF DOES NOT> CHANGE IN ANY WAY. IT SIMPLY
>> MOVES SIDEWAYS. It has NO 'intrinsic> frequency'. It CREATES a
>> frequency at a point if intercepted...a> frequency defined as wave
>> arrival rate.>> I cannot imagine why you people are so incapable of
>> understanding this> very simple principle. Maybe it is because you know
>> that nearly all the> claimed supporting evidence for SR relies on light
>> having a frequency.
>> --
>> -- lover of truth
>

> You are a lover of DEMENTIA or TROLLING LIKE A DROOLING IMBECILE.
>
> Stupid being: So, in your deranged mind, the source spit entire
> waveforms at a given rate, like a sequence of one cycle drawings,
> with the entire sinewave drawn?
>
> You don't belong here. You belong to the FREAK CIRCUS, ASSHOLE! And you
> are the human walrus.

Plenty of other freaks here to keep her company, starting with your good self.

--
athel -- biochemist, not a physicist, but detector of crackpots

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<20e1d72f-0a33-41e1-8631-0cf04af34851n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115253&group=sci.physics.relativity#115253

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 06:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Wed, 10 May 2023 13:22 UTC

On Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 5:55:48 AM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 1:24:23 AM UTC-3, Jane wrote:

> > > this is wrong as well. It's an instantaneous *_presentation_* of the
> > > *_variation_* over a short duration of time.
> > actually, over an 'instant'....and the wave has not varied
> >
> > >The variation is of a point not of a line.
> >
> > Yes of course....but you miss the point entirely. You are talking about
> > what the wave does rather than what it is. THE WAVE ITSELF DOES NOT
> > CHANGE IN ANY WAY. IT SIMPLY MOVES SIDEWAYS. It has NO 'intrinsic
> > frequency'. It CREATES a frequency at a point if intercepted...a
> > frequency defined as wave arrival rate.
> >
> > I cannot imagine why you people are so incapable of understanding this
> > very simple principle. Maybe it is because you know that nearly all the
> > claimed supporting evidence for SR relies on light having a frequency.
> > --
> > -- lover of truth
> You are a lover of DEMENTIA or TROLLING LIKE A DROOLING IMBECILE.
>
> Stupid being: So, in your deranged mind, the source spit entire waveforms at a given rate, like a sequence of one cycle drawings,
> with the entire sinewave drawn?
>
> You don't belong here. You belong to the FREAK CIRCUS, ASSHOLE! And you are the human walrus.
kookfight

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<f10ffde7-7a60-46dd-a201-09cfff90fb18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115271&group=sci.physics.relativity#115271

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 14:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: ccarleto...@gmail.com (carl eto)
 by: carl eto - Wed, 10 May 2023 21:14 UTC

at least he said EM

Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.

<175dea1e7625acbc$357$1290337$45d3cfde@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115278&group=sci.physics.relativity#115278

From: Jan...@home.com (Jane)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 22:54:12 +0000
 by: Jane - Wed, 10 May 2023 22:54 UTC

On Tue, 09 May 2023 22:07:55 -0700, JanPB wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 12:25:08 PM UTC-7, Tom Roberts wrote:
>> On 5/8/23 7:45 PM, Jane wrote:
>> >
>> > Take a piece of paper..
>> > Draw across it a swiggly line approximating a sine wave. That is
>> > called a Sine-Wave-On-Paper or SWOP Move your SWOP across you
>> > computer screen repeatedly... Observe that it demonstrates the
>> > travelling wave equation.
>> > Observe whether or not the SWOP oscillates.
>> > Agree that it does not.
>> How silly. Your SWOP is an snapshot of a traveling wave at one instant
>> in time. OF COURSE it does not oscillate -- no snapshot at one instant
>> can possibly oscillate, because oscillate implies variation over time,
>> and the snapshot has just a single time.
>
> He thinks that waves are translates of a fixed(*) function.
>
> (*) i.e., time-independent.

Moving the SWOP is the solution of the TWE for a linear range of both x
and t.

--
-- lover of truth

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: The Inferior Mind of the Relativist.