Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 08:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Challenge: prove that this invariance of the speed of light leads
to logical inconsistencies
From: trevorla...@gmail.com (Trevor Lange)
 by: Trevor Lange - Sat, 13 May 2023 15:04 UTC

On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 1:50:20 AM UTC-7, patdolan wrote:

> > > Do either of the above events correspond to any of the previous events e1, e2, e3, e4, or are they separate from the other four spacetime events?
> >
> > A sentient being could not possibly imagine that the muon event half-way between the muon's creation and annihilation is the same event as either the creation or the annihilation event -- let alone the same as a lab event.. Duh.
>
> Your very first post referred to four events...

You asked about the spatio-temporal relations between those four events, and I answered it. You're welcome.

> [The Standard Newbie Question that you kindly pointed out is the question
> I was trying unsuccessfully to ask, but was incapable of asking due to my
> mental limitations] refers to [two other events]... [which you also kindly answered],
> do you agree...?

Yes, and you're welcome.

PAT+50IQ wrote:
> Is it true that there are infinitely many events along the trajectories of objects, and that someone would have to have been kicked in the head by a mule to imagine that this self-evident fact undermines modern science?

Yes, that is indeed true. Well said.

> Hopefully at some point I will be able to reconstruct your original four
> event scenario in terms of your new six event scenario...

Again, there are infinitely many distinct events along the trajectory of each object. We can talk about any of the events we like. You asked about the spatio-temporal relations between four of those events, and I provided them. (You're welcome.) The standard newbie (let's call him PAT+50IQ) asked about two others, and I provided them. (He's welcome.) Someone else could ask about still others, and we can describe the spatio-temporals between any events you like. Do you understand this?