Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Physic gurus vs math gurus

SubjectAuthor
* Physic gurus vs math gurussep...@yahoo.com
+* Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusPython
|`- Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusChad Stavropoulos
+* Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusTrevor Lange
|`* Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusThe Starmaker
| `* Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusThe Starmaker
|  `- Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusThe Starmaker
`* Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusJanPB
 `- Re: Physic gurus vs math gurusThe Starmaker

1
Physic gurus vs math gurus

<042663ba-c4f9-40a1-94e1-4438aeab060en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115695&group=sci.physics.relativity#115695

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 09:17:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Physic gurus vs math gurus
From: sepp...@yahoo.com (sep...@yahoo.com)
 by: sep...@yahoo.com - Sun, 14 May 2023 16:17 UTC

This is a scenario I've been trying to get an answer to for some time. I've added some physics properties to see how the math gurus explain what happens.

In inertial reference frame F0, there is a long cylinder of ice of length L along the x-axis. As measured in F0 that cylinder is spinning about the x-axis at 10 revolutions a second. At each end of the ice cylinder are large heavy steal discs that also spin at 10 revolutions per second. Stretched parallel to the cylinder and x-axis are two rubber bands stretched to length L. One rubber band is just above the cylinder and one rubber band is just below the cylinder.

There is a second inertial reference frame F1. F1 is moving with velocity V = c*sqrt(3)/2 along the x-axis relative to F0. The length of the cylinder is such that simultaneous events at each end of the ice cylinder as measured in F1 occur 1 second apart as measured in F0. At time t=0, observers in F1 simultaneously attach each end of the two rubber bands to the spinning steel cylinders. The two rubber bands are attached 180 degrees apart on the steel cylinders. In frame F0, observers see that the rubber bands were attached to one cylinder 1 second later than to the other cylinder, so therefore the rubber bands spiral 10 times around the cylinder of ice instead of remaining parallel as observed in frame F1.

Now add some physics. The rubber bands have a clear epoxy glue material spread on them. Each end of the rubber bands doesn't have any of this epoxy material on it for a length l, but most of the remaining length has this material spread along the rubber band. The top rubber band has part A spread on it and the bottom rubber band has part B spread on it. Whenever part A and part B touch, a chemical reaction occurs that causes the epoxy to harden.. Let's say it takes a long time for the epoxy to harden once this happens.

Now over time the ice cylinder melts and the water molecules are thrown off the cylinder. The rubber bands do not produce enough force to pull the heavy discs together so the separation between the two steel discs remains essentially L throughout this scenario. After the water molecules are thrown off, as observed in F0, the stretched rubber bands begin to shorten each trying to approach a straight line instead of spiraling around the ice cylinder as they did when they were first attached. As the rubber bands shorten they now touch each other at 10 points. This causes the very slow epoxy chemical reaction to begin. These 10 points move toward the middle of the length L. Eventually the very slow hardening epoxy hardens and the rubber bands become extremely rigid (except at the end points where there was no epoxy placed). Once the epoxy hardens, the rubber bands are detached from each cylinder that they were attached to. Then a small friction source touches the epoxy cylinder so that it eventually stops rotating.

How do math gurus in frame F1 explain how the two parallel rubber bands that had all points simultaneously attached to the cylinder end up wrapping around each other 10 times now that they can observe them in the non-rotating clear rigid epoxy structure they are now in? Where in this process did the two rubber bands stop being parallel to each other?

Thanks,
David Seppala
Bastrop TX

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<u3r247$2ltap$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115697&group=sci.physics.relativity#115697

From: pyt...@invalid.org (Python)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 18:26:47 +0200
 by: Python - Sun, 14 May 2023 16:26 UTC

Le 14/05/2023 à 18:17, sep...@yahoo.com a écrit :
> [...]
>
> How do math gurus in frame F1 explain how the two parallel rubber bands that had all points simultaneously attached to the cylinder end up wrapping around each other 10 times now that they can observe them in the non-rotating clear rigid epoxy structure they are now in? Where in this process did the two rubber bands stop being parallel to each other?
You didn't specify how many borogoves and bandersnatches are involved.
Also are the jabberwocks galumphing forward or backward ? This is
important.

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<6e35b81c-d6c9-4766-b725-13219e6d75ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115700&group=sci.physics.relativity#115700

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 10:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: trevorla...@gmail.com (Trevor Lange)
 by: Trevor Lange - Sun, 14 May 2023 17:27 UTC

On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 9:17:45 AM UTC-7, sep...@yahoo.com wrote:
> This is a scenario I've been trying to get an answer to for some time.

The complete and detailed physics answer to your question, and all your follow-up questions, was provided to you several times before. Each detail was thoroughly and patiently explained it you, and all your misconceptions were diagnosed and debunked. If you didn't understand, you should have asked for clarification, instead of running away. It's utterly insane for you to re-initiate these discussions from scratch each time, pretending that your question hasn't already been fully answered many times before. Agreed?

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<646134C9.3639@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115704&group=sci.physics.relativity#115704

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 12:21:45 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 14 May 2023 19:21 UTC

Trevor Lange wrote:

> On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 9:17:45 AM UTC-7, sep...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > This is a scenario I've been trying to get an answer to for some time.
>
> The complete and detailed physics answer to your question, and all your follow-up questions, was provided to you several times before. Each detail was thoroughly and patiently explained it you, and all your misconceptions were diagnosed and debunked. If you didn't understand, you should have asked for clarification, instead of running away. It's utterly insane for you to re-initiate these discussions from scratch each time, pretending that your question hasn't already been fully answered many

Give da guy a break. You know all these people are 'sick in the head'
...,ads, ahds, kooky, slowly going insane...all diseased minds. It comes
with the territory.

You gotta ask yourself a question...what kind of guy repeats the same
thing, over and over and...expecting different result?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=einstein+quotes+insanity

don't speak ill of the ill...

one more egg to fry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_from_Space

invasion of the body snatchers!!!!

Microsoft stole my pdf link...

How many chickens does it take to kill an elephant?

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<646136C8.85C@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115705&group=sci.physics.relativity#115705

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 12:30:16 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 14 May 2023 19:30 UTC

I didn't know the flu Came From Outer Space!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_from_Space

I got a Higgins cough...

take two moon drops and drink plenty of... water ice?

The Starmaker wrote:

> Trevor Lange wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 9:17:45 AM UTC-7, sep...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > This is a scenario I've been trying to get an answer to for some time.
> >
> > The complete and detailed physics answer to your question, and all your follow-up questions, was provided to you several times before. Each detail was thoroughly and patiently explained it you, and all your misconceptions were diagnosed and debunked. If you didn't understand, you should have asked for clarification, instead of running away. It's utterly insane for you to re-initiate these discussions from scratch each time, pretending that your question hasn't already been fully answered ma
>
> Give da guy a break. You know all these people are 'sick in the head'
> ..,ads, ahds, kooky, slowly going insane...all diseased minds. It comes
> with the territory.
>
> You gotta ask yourself a question...what kind of guy repeats the same
> thing, over and over and...expecting different result?
>
> https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=einstein+quotes+insanity
>
> don't speak ill of the ill...
>
> one more egg to fry.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_from_Space
>
> invasion of the body snatchers!!!!
>
> Microsoft stole my pdf link...
>
> How many chickens does it take to kill an elephant?
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<u3rgv0$2mr2k$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115718&group=sci.physics.relativity#115718

From: sso...@atoasoav.us (Chad Stavropoulos)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 20:40:00 -0000 (UTC)
oFaAwmSM5vaNXGDe4fXQGyKrP31JPhMJgmNB2LVGXEkIqNFOyPKyw4xdFUQvpVV
oyRuO4iUeBIUtbV37AOlWiQd0FVFGraiixYIs73tBJ348L4GFruUIH+N09sXDPh
ZKDUpsYDYeaApaUFmtk5X2CYCLn0Hc1XuVQVZ4Ad3MBg50uQB45bnA3QwJt0y5F
1eMXlcCsMCJW6iQNpSgfAJ8L3PGSPh2rWMAtYHin2BJSIxPDfIHUJZ5n+LWCtrX
4NyS2q79gvAJV4v7hL+N/SCfyBcZeg/d5WGG6AoWKsrDmeL7KkOBl/gtrWB54PH
FZMgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
 by: Chad Stavropoulos - Sun, 14 May 2023 20:40 UTC

Python wrote:

>> How do math gurus in frame F1 explain how the two parallel rubber bands
>> that had all points simultaneously attached to the cylinder end up
>> wrapping around each other 10 times now that they can observe them in
>> the non-rotating clear rigid epoxy structure they are now in? Where in
>> this process did the two rubber bands stop being parallel to each
>> other?
>
> You didn't specify how many borogoves and bandersnatches are involved.
>
> Also are the jabberwocks galumphing forward or backward ? This is
> important.

the cocaine gay actor pupped runs fucking ukraine from outside. It doesn't
look like he ever will return to the fucking nazi kiev.

*_Zelensky_hints_at_postponing_elections_*
https://%72%74.com/ru%73sia/576272-zelensky-ukraine-elections-postponed/

the Nazi dictator *_fears_repercussion_* of *_being_a_US,_Nato_porn_*
In other news - Britain's *_depleted_uranium_* shells have been destroyed
causing a *_massive_radiation_spike_* in Ukraine. Reap what you sow

fucking nazi Ukraine does NOT have elections. They have coups. A
*_gay_actor_* acting *_president_* speaks about election, while he's not
in the country he want to steal.

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<64632700.53BA@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115856&group=sci.physics.relativity#115856

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 23:47:28 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Tue, 16 May 2023 06:47 UTC

I don't see anyone here that sez Fred Hoyle is correct with his claim
that the flu comes from ...outer space. Then

that must mean you all agree Fred Hoyle is ...INSANE.

The Starmaker wrote:

> I didn't know the flu Came From Outer Space!!!!
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_from_Space
>
> I got a Higgins cough...
>
> take two moon drops and drink plenty of... water ice?
>
> The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > Trevor Lange wrote:

> > > The complete and detailed physics answer to your question, and all your follow-up questions, was provided to you several times before. Each detail was thoroughly and patiently explained it you, and all your misconceptions were diagnosed and debunked. If you didn't understand, you should have asked for clarification, instead of running away. It's utterly insane for you to re-initiate these discussions from scratch each time, pretending that your question hasn't already been fully answered
> >
> > Give da guy a break. You know all these people are 'sick in the head'
> > ..,ads, ahds, kooky, slowly going insane...all diseased minds. It comes
> > with the territory.
> >
> > You gotta ask yourself a question...what kind of guy repeats the same
> > thing, over and over and...expecting different result?
> >
> > https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=einstein+quotes+insanity
> >
> > don't speak ill of the ill...
> >
> > one more egg to fry.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_from_Space
> >
> > invasion of the body snatchers!!!!
> >
> > Microsoft stole my pdf link...
> >
> > How many chickens does it take to kill an elephant?
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<f4148af4-459e-4316-a78f-d21b9c840d9bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115857&group=sci.physics.relativity#115857

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 00:33:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Tue, 16 May 2023 07:33 UTC

> [...]
>
> How do math gurus in frame F1 explain how the two parallel rubber bands that had all points simultaneously attached to the cylinder end up wrapping around each other 10 times now that they can observe them in the non-rotating clear rigid epoxy structure they are now in? Where in this process did the two rubber bands stop being parallel to each other?

You keep asking the same question over and over. It's like 15 years now?

--
Jan

Re: Physic gurus vs math gurus

<6463BB3D.7E9A@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115879&group=sci.physics.relativity#115879

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 10:19:57 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Tue, 16 May 2023 17:19 UTC

JanPB wrote:

> On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 9:17:45 AM UTC-7, sep...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > This is a scenario I've been trying to get an answer to for some time. I've added some physics properties to see how the math gurus explain what happens.
> >
> > In inertial reference frame F0, there is a long cylinder of ice of length L along the x-axis. As measured in F0 that cylinder is spinning about the x-axis at 10 revolutions a second. At each end of the ice cylinder are large heavy steal discs that also spin at 10 revolutions per second. Stretched parallel to the cylinder and x-axis are two rubber bands stretched to length L. One rubber band is just above the cylinder and one rubber band is just below the cylinder.
> >

> > Now add some physics. The rubber bands have a clear epoxy glue material spread on them. Each end of the rubber bands doesn't have any of this epoxy material on it for a length l, but most of the remaining length has this material spread along the rubber band. The top rubber band has part A spread on it and the bottom rubber band has part B spread on it. Whenever part A and part B touch, a chemical reaction occurs that causes the epoxy to harden. Let's say it takes a long time for the epoxy to
> >

> > How do math gurus in frame F1 explain how the two parallel rubber bands that had all points simultaneously attached to the cylinder end up wrapping around each other 10 times now that they can observe them in the non-rotating clear rigid epoxy structure they are now in? Where in this process did the two rubber bands stop being parallel to each other?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David Seppala
> > Bastrop TX
>
> You keep asking the same question over and over. It's like 15 years now?
>
> --
> Jan

15 years????