Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 11:54:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: _Sophia_Mitchell_Sophia_Mitchell_|_Aerospace_Enginee
ring_Student__As_a_student,_I’ve_been_able_to_do_research_
on_everything_from_robotic_systems_to_distant_galaxies_and_s
olar_flares.__High_School_Activities:_____Pilot_License,_Sci
ence_Fair,_Science_O
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 19:54 UTC

Sophia Mitchell
Sophia Mitchell | Aerospace Engineering Student

"As a student, I’ve been able to do research on everything from robotic systems to distant galaxies and solar flares.

High School Activities:
Pilot License, Science Fair, Science Olympiad, Mountaineering, Diving Team, Horseback Riding, Volunteer Work
Undergraduate Institution + Degree:
University of Cincinnati, Aerospace Engineering
To Do My Job You Need:
Programming experience, an understanding of physics, calculus, and mechanics; logic, writing skills, and a lot of curiosity.

I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, but grew up in Louisville, Kentucky. Since I was about six years old, I have aspired to be an astronaut. Motivated by this goal, I began research in middle school while also taking flying lessons to get my pilot license. Through middle and high school, I participated in several science activities, such as Science Olympiad and science fairs, and continued to do research. My main interests have evolved from heliophysics to astrophysics to intelligent robotics. However, I really love anything having to do with space.

Aside from science, I am a distance runner, slight history buff, and love music, animals, and cooking. I have been riding horses since a young age and will go riding whenever the chance presents itself. I am also a graduate of the National Outdoor Leadership School, where I survived a month-long course in Alaskan mountaineering. I love adventure, and I am a strong believer that people achieve the most when they're happy, healthy, and having fun!

My Advice: Don't be afraid to ask questions, introduce yourself to people, knock on office doors, and be proactive. Getting into research early allows you time to figure out your interests and see what kind of work environment you prefer. Through knowing yourself in this way, you can put yourself in a position where school and work feel like play.