The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!

tech / sci.math / Toward the center of the Sun

SubjectAuthor
* Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
`* Re: Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
 `* Re: Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
  `* Re: Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
   +- Re: Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
   `* Re: Toward the center of the Sunbert
    `* Re: Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
     +- Re: Toward the center of the SunSimon Roberts
     +- Re: Toward the center of the Sunbert
     `- Re: Toward the center of the SunFromTheRafters

1
Toward the center of the Sun

<7249ea09-4ee4-4c64-ba31-604206b6345en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115904&group=sci.math#115904

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 10:40:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Toward the center of the Sun
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 17:40 UTC

If if the gravitational attraction closer at the center of the planet or some is mathematically less than why is it hotter at the center of the Sun due to gravity. To go out in a little detail the mass drops off at one over r cubed while gravity drops off using Newton's formula at 1 over r squared so can someone please explain the immense pressure and heat cause d by being closer to the center as opposed to the surface. What I mean is I think I'd rather be at the center of the Sun then on its surface. Can someone please explain the error in my poorly written reason seriously and thank you. If my reasoning is at all correct it seems Fusion would happen at the surface not the center of a star crazy correct please tell me how I am wrong please honestly.

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<efc448e9-2640-4ef9-b1ea-551141c015c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115907&group=sci.math#115907

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:03:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Toward the center of the Sun
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:03 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 1:40:42 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> If if the gravitational attraction closer at the center of the planet or some is mathematically less than why is it hotter at the center of the Sun due to gravity. To go out in a little detail the mass drops off at one over r cubed while gravity drops off using Newton's formula at 1 over r squared so can someone please explain the immense pressure and heat cause d by being closer to the center as opposed to the surface. What I mean is I think I'd rather be at the center of the Sun then on its surface. Can someone please explain the error in my poorly written reason seriously and thank you. If my reasoning is at all correct it seems Fusion would happen at the surface not the center of a star crazy correct please tell me how I am wrong please honestly.
Hello I've answered my own question I forgot to recognize the different densities of different elements and buoyancy so to speak. It could be the difference in densities of mass of different elements make it so that the gravitational force or acceleration increases as one goes toward the center of a massive object. That being said why would it be hydrogen Fusion it seems to me that very very heavy elements react either in a fusion or fission manner near the center of the Sun I doubt there is much hydrogen or helium at the center of the Sun as I correct my in my reasoning thank you

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<b589a51f-f7c1-400d-9c67-91d1c63e9ee5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115908&group=sci.math#115908

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:06:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:06 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:03:09 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 1:40:42 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > If if the gravitational attraction closer at the center of the planet or some is mathematically less than why is it hotter at the center of the Sun due to gravity. To go out in a little detail the mass drops off at one over r cubed while gravity drops off using Newton's formula at 1 over r squared so can someone please explain the immense pressure and heat cause d by being closer to the center as opposed to the surface. What I mean is I think I'd rather be at the center of the Sun then on its surface. Can someone please explain the error in my poorly written reason seriously and thank you. If my reasoning is at all correct it seems Fusion would happen at the surface not the center of a star crazy correct please tell me how I am wrong please honestly.
> Hello I've answered my own question I forgot to recognize the different densities of different elements and buoyancy so to speak. It could be the difference in densities of mass of different elements make it so that the gravitational force or acceleration increases as one goes toward the center of a massive object. That being said why would it be hydrogen Fusion it seems to me that very very heavy elements react either in a fusion or fission manner near the center of the Sun I doubt there is much hydrogen or helium at the center of the Sun as I correct my in my reasoning thank you
Just to add I believe the heavier the element the more Radioactive it tends to be almost to an exponential rate.

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<1bf623fc-d96b-4fd8-9aa6-a7fcc73eaaa9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115911&group=sci.math#115911

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:11:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:11 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:06:48 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:03:09 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 1:40:42 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > > If if the gravitational attraction closer at the center of the planet or some is mathematically less than why is it hotter at the center of the Sun due to gravity. To go out in a little detail the mass drops off at one over r cubed while gravity drops off using Newton's formula at 1 over r squared so can someone please explain the immense pressure and heat cause d by being closer to the center as opposed to the surface. What I mean is I think I'd rather be at the center of the Sun then on its surface. Can someone please explain the error in my poorly written reason seriously and thank you. If my reasoning is at all correct it seems Fusion would happen at the surface not the center of a star crazy correct please tell me how I am wrong please honestly.
> > Hello I've answered my own question I forgot to recognize the different densities of different elements and buoyancy so to speak. It could be the difference in densities of mass of different elements make it so that the gravitational force or acceleration increases as one goes toward the center of a massive object. That being said why would it be hydrogen Fusion it seems to me that very very heavy elements react either in a fusion or fission manner near the center of the Sun I doubt there is much hydrogen or helium at the center of the Sun as I correct my in my reasoning thank you
> Just to add I believe the heavier the element the more Radioactive it tends to be almost to an exponential rate.
Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until some eventuality is reached .another theory.

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<b340b16a-e0a5-41f9-ae77-652a88c2dee3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115912&group=sci.math#115912

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:15 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:11:28 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:06:48 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > > Hello I've answered my own question I forgot to recognize the different densities of different elements and buoyancy so to speak. It could be the difference in densities of mass of different elements make it so that the gravitational force or acceleration increases as one goes toward the center of a massive object. That being said why would it be hydrogen Fusion it seems to me that very very heavy elements react either in a fusion or fission manner near the center of the Sun I doubt there is much hydrogen or helium at the center of the Sun as I correct my in my reasoning thank you
> > Just to add I believe the heavier the element the more Radioactive it tends to be almost to an exponential rate.
> Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until some eventuality is reached .another theory.
Nothing much dangerous gets out except mostly visible light and of course b******* neutrinos and gravity waves.oh yeah that's right

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<1dc5806c-cb8d-452f-8162-e28f30bd6a7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115916&group=sci.math#115916

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: bert.hut...@btinternet.com (bert)
 by: bert - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:28 UTC

On Saturday, 15 October 2022 at 20:11:28 UTC+2, simonro...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:06:48 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > > Hello I've answered my own question I forgot to recognize the different densities of different elements and buoyancy so to speak. It could be the difference in densities of mass of different elements make it so that the gravitational force or acceleration increases as one goes toward the center of a massive object. That being said why would it be hydrogen Fusion it seems to me that very very heavy elements react either in a fusion or fission manner near the center of the Sun I doubt there is much hydrogen or helium at the center of the Sun as I correct my in my reasoning thank you
> > Just to add I believe the heavier the element the more Radioactive it tends to be almost to an exponential rate.
> Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until some eventuality is reached .another theory.

Your astrophysics is wrong.

1) The Sun and other ordinary stars have no heavy elements at all. Their
heating is not by fission, it is only by fusion (at very high pressures
and temperatures) of the lightest elements into slightly heavier ones.
2) The heaviest elements are only formed at the end of a star's life when
it goes nova.
3) The earth, formed by accretion of nova debris, is internally heated by
fission of the heaviest elements in the core. The longest-lasting of
those heavy isotopes has a half-life of about 4,000,000,000 years.

I've just included (3) for completeness as it wasn't part of your post.

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<9a7630db-2747-46e3-b4be-1ae377d4c71dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115919&group=sci.math#115919

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:32 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:28:19 PM UTC-4, bert wrote:
> On Saturday, 15 October 2022 at 20:11:28 UTC+2, simonro...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Just to add I believe the heavier the element the more Radioactive it tends to be almost to an exponential rate.
> > Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until some eventuality is reached .another theory.
> Your astrophysics is wrong.
>
> 1) The Sun and other ordinary stars have no heavy elements at all. Their
> heating is not by fission, it is only by fusion (at very high pressures
> and temperatures) of the lightest elements into slightly heavier ones.
> 2) The heaviest elements are only formed at the end of a star's life when
> it goes nova.
> 3) The earth, formed by accretion of nova debris, is internally heated by
> fission of the heaviest elements in the core. The longest-lasting of
> those heavy isotopes has a half-life of about 4,000,000,000 years.
>
> I've just included (3) for completeness as it wasn't part of your post.
Thank you now I see the error in my ways so the sun basically starts off as a big ball of hydrogen and helium with not any heavier elements is that correct?

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<1a27c01f-4a1c-4c44-b325-9f86b90f119en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115921&group=sci.math#115921

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:49:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: simonrob...@gmail.com (Simon Roberts)
 by: Simon Roberts - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:49 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:32:12 PM UTC-4, Simon Roberts wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:28:19 PM UTC-4, bert wrote:
> > > Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until some eventuality is reached .another theory.
> > Your astrophysics is wrong.
> >
> > 1) The Sun and other ordinary stars have no heavy elements at all. Their
> > heating is not by fission, it is only by fusion (at very high pressures
> > and temperatures) of the lightest elements into slightly heavier ones.
> > 2) The heaviest elements are only formed at the end of a star's life when
> > it goes nova.
> > 3) The earth, formed by accretion of nova debris, is internally heated by
> > fission of the heaviest elements in the core. The longest-lasting of
> > those heavy isotopes has a half-life of about 4,000,000,000 years.
> >
> > I've just included (3) for completeness as it wasn't part of your post.
> Thank you now I see the error in my ways so the sun basically starts off as a big ball of hydrogen and helium with not any heavier elements is that correct?
I've heard rumor but the Earth was created from the Sun and all the elements in our body are initially from the Sun I feel so important. I'm a sarcastic bastard all apologies.

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<2d6f3bdb-e96c-4459-ba78-2afedcacf10an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115971&group=sci.math#115971

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 00:24:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: bert.hut...@btinternet.com (bert)
 by: bert - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 07:24 UTC

On Saturday, 15 October 2022 at 20:32:12 UTC+2, simonro...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:28:19 PM UTC-4, bert wrote:
> > > Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until some eventuality is reached .another theory.
> > Your astrophysics is wrong.
> >
> > 1) The Sun and other ordinary stars have no heavy elements at all. Their
> > heating is not by fission, it is only by fusion (at very high pressures
> > and temperatures) of the lightest elements into slightly heavier ones.
> > 2) The heaviest elements are only formed at the end of a star's life when
> > it goes nova.
> > 3) The earth, formed by accretion of nova debris, is internally heated by
> > fission of the heaviest elements in the core. The longest-lasting of
> > those heavy isotopes has a half-life of about 4,000,000,000 years.
> >
> > I've just included (3) for completeness as it wasn't part of your post.
> Thank you now I see the error in my ways so the sun basically starts off as a big ball of hydrogen and helium with not any heavier elements is that correct?
Yes, that's it.

Re: Toward the center of the Sun

<tigoqm$34n3k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=115976&group=sci.math#115976

From: FTR...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 07:10:13 -0400
 by: FromTheRafters - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 11:10 UTC

Simon Roberts brought next idea :
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:28:19 PM UTC-4, bert wrote:
>>> Perhaps and this is a huge guess the reaction in Stars are very heavy
>>> elements fusing and splitting all together fusion and fission in the Sun
>>> almost perpetual motion but they must be damping one way or the other until
>>> some eventuality is reached .another theory.
>> Your astrophysics is wrong.
>>
>> 1) The Sun and other ordinary stars have no heavy elements at all. Their
>> heating is not by fission, it is only by fusion (at very high pressures
>> and temperatures) of the lightest elements into slightly heavier ones.
>> 2) The heaviest elements are only formed at the end of a star's life when
>> it goes nova.
>> 3) The earth, formed by accretion of nova debris, is internally heated by
>> fission of the heaviest elements in the core. The longest-lasting of
>> those heavy isotopes has a half-life of about 4,000,000,000 years.
>>
>> I've just included (3) for completeness as it wasn't part of your post.
> Thank you now I see the error in my ways so the sun basically starts off as a
> big ball of hydrogen and helium with not any heavier elements is that
> correct?

The earliest stars formed from the lightest elements, subsequent stars
formed from the elements left behind from their eventual demise.