Logic doesn't apply to the real world. -- Marvin Minsky

tech / sci.physics.relativity / This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

SubjectAuthor
* This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Richard Hertz
+* Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Richard Hertz
|`- Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Ross Finlayson
+* Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.JanPB
|`* Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Richard Hertz
| `- Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.JanPB
+* Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Laurence Clark Crossen
|`- Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Ross Finlayson
+- Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.J. J. Lodder
`* Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Prokaryotic Capase Homolog
 `- Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.Ross Finlayson

1
This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<fce8972d-5509-4379-ba59-7d0ca54243f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116471&group=sci.physics.relativity#116471

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 15:51:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Wed, 24 May 2023 22:51 UTC

Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.

Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics."

He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.

Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.

Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.

Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.

Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
and

The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
understanding of quantum mechanics.

It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner..

The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.

And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<d12cfab5-b2d8-445b-a894-8993a9e11d27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116478&group=sci.physics.relativity#116478

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 18:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:37 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 7:51:03 PM UTC-3, Richard Hertz wrote:
> Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
>
> Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics.."
>
> He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
>
> Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.
>
> Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.
>
> Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.
>
> Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> and
>
> The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> understanding of quantum mechanics.
>

> It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.
>
> The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
> Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.
>
> And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.

There is no length contraction in a cloud of probabilities. He even failed, 20 years before this, trying to figure out Planck's BBC radiation,
on his first 1905 paper (made mostly by Willy Wien, sworn enemy of Planck, and who opened the door of Annalen der Physik for him).

Einstein wanted that electrons be like spheroids, as in his 1905 manifesto.

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<d8170ece-f6e8-43fe-9748-787a8aabf645n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116479&group=sci.physics.relativity#116479

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 19:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Thu, 25 May 2023 02:44 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 3:51:03 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
>
> Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics.."
>
> He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
>
> Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.

You got it completely garbled but whatever. Let's just ignore this.

> Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.

No, he thought that the standard QM was *incomplete*.

> Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.

Never heard of it. Shown by who? References, please. Last I checked QM
was entirely Minkowski-based. Everything in quantum theory is fields
on the Minkowski spacetime.

> Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> and
>
> The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> understanding of quantum mechanics.
>

> It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.

Nonsense.

> The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?

Not even wrong. Gobbledygook.

> Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.

Random talk by an ignoramus.

> And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.

You don't get the ticket to judge.

--
Jan

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<c664b494-0f85-4815-b300-8535284c8865n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116480&group=sci.physics.relativity#116480

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 20:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: l.c.cros...@hotmail.com (Laurence Clark Crossen)
 by: Laurence Clark Cross - Thu, 25 May 2023 03:22 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 3:51:03 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
>
> Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics.."
>
> He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
>
> Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.
>
> Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.
>
> Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.
>
> Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> and
>
> The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> understanding of quantum mechanics.
>

> It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.
>
> The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
> Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.
>
> And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.
Since cyclotrons did not affect atomic clocks even at 10g, the idea that atomic clocks are affected by gravity in orbit appears ruled out by experiment. Then we may turn to Sokolov's explanation that it is a Newtonian gravitational effect on the electromagnetic signals from the GPS that accounts for what is taken to be slow clocks. That would still make relativity necessary to explain the GPS. BTW I believe Einstein understood the universe to be finite so that gravity would tend to draw all matter to a center requiring a gravitational constant to keep the universe from collapsing.

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<e3a212be-4cda-4676-a68e-cb7c0de0df24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116481&group=sci.physics.relativity#116481

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 20:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: ross.a.f...@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Thu, 25 May 2023 03:22 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:37:48 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 7:51:03 PM UTC-3, Richard Hertz wrote:
> > Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
> >
> > Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics."
> >
> > He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
> >
> > Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> > Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> > before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> > belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.
> >
> > Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.
> >
> > Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.
> >
> > Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> > through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> > and
> >
> > The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> > advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> > of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> > understanding of quantum mechanics.
> >

> > It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> > in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> > contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> > Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> > put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.
> >
> > The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> > experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
> > Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.
> >
> > And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.
> There is no length contraction in a cloud of probabilities. He even failed, 20 years before this, trying to figure out Planck's BBC radiation,
> on his first 1905 paper (made mostly by Willy Wien, sworn enemy of Planck, and who opened the door of Annalen der Physik for him).
>
> Einstein wanted that electrons be like spheroids, as in his 1905 manifesto.

Einstein's pretty sensible about quantum mechanics
especially in "Out of My Later Years" or the 1950's editions of "Relativity ...".
(... Where he's also more sensible about relativity and 'SR is local'.)

That "electron physics" is even a thing after Young and Millikan and Dalton and Rutherford,
then into quantum electrodynamics and so on, it's atomic and sub-atomic the quantum physics,
while though it's structural and molecular and surfaces and flows over surfaces, in terms of
the "local" and "non-local".

I.e.: "it's a continuum mechanics".

That space-contraction is really a thing and for Fitzgerald and for "rest exchange momentum"
is about the non-local in what results motion over time and even in the classical or at small
energies. Einstein had a lot to say about classical motion in his "demand for Newton's zero-eth
laws" in Einstein's combined "defense of Newton" and "attack on Newton".

Then there's that relativistic mass is mostly in the rotational in effect while linearly its
"an inertial system, or I suppose Inertialsystem", about space-contraction.

Real space-contraction and real wave-collapse kind of add up to real continuum mechanics.
(... Including relativity and electron physics and so on.)

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<86958805-904f-491d-8b2c-038f8b3bfaddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116483&group=sci.physics.relativity#116483

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 20:27:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: ross.a.f...@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Thu, 25 May 2023 03:27 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 8:22:14 PM UTC-7, Laurence Clark Crossen wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 3:51:03 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> > Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
> >
> > Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics."
> >
> > He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
> >
> > Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> > Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> > before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> > belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.
> >
> > Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.
> >
> > Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.
> >
> > Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> > through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> > and
> >
> > The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> > advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> > of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> > understanding of quantum mechanics.
> >

> > It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> > in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> > contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> > Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> > put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.
> >
> > The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> > experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
> > Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.
> >
> > And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.
> Since cyclotrons did not affect atomic clocks even at 10g, the idea that atomic clocks are affected by gravity in orbit appears ruled out by experiment. Then we may turn to Sokolov's explanation that it is a Newtonian gravitational effect on the electromagnetic signals from the GPS that accounts for what is taken to be slow clocks. That would still make relativity necessary to explain the GPS. BTW I believe Einstein understood the universe to be finite so that gravity would tend to draw all matter to a center requiring a gravitational constant to keep the universe from collapsing.

Why not just have a fall gravity that's everywhere isotropic so not violating conservation?
The reason "gravity" is not included in GR or QM is because invariance theory and the long
life-time of protons. Of course GR sort of includes gravity, but just calls it "down".

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<2714b71a-9e2e-4231-a006-5d49b345018cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116485&group=sci.physics.relativity#116485

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 20:52:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 25 May 2023 03:52 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 11:44:27 PM UTC-3, JanPB wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 3:51:03 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> > Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
> >
> > Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics."
> >
> > He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
> >
> > Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> > Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> > before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> > belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.
> You got it completely garbled but whatever. Let's just ignore this.
> > Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.
> No, he thought that the standard QM was *incomplete*.
> > Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.
> Never heard of it. Shown by who? References, please. Last I checked QM
> was entirely Minkowski-based. Everything in quantum theory is fields
> on the Minkowski spacetime.
> > Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> > through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> > and
> >
> > The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> > advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> > of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> > understanding of quantum mechanics.
> >

> > It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> > in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> > contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> > Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> > put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.
> Nonsense.
> > The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> > experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
> Not even wrong. Gobbledygook.
> > Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.
> Random talk by an ignoramus.
> > And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.
> You don't get the ticket to judge.
>
> --
> Jan

JanPB: "Last I checked QM was entirely Minkowski-based. Everything in quantum theory is fields
on the Minkowski spacetime."

Thank you to make public how deeply ignorant you are, imbecile charlatan, liar and deceiver.

QM model of Matrix Mechanics, Heisenberg, 1925, was developed by him after long interactions with Bohr in the previous year.
The model was based on relationships between quantities that in principle are observable. It was the first logically consistent formulation
of quantum mechanics that supplanted the Bohr-Sommerfeld-Born model's electron orbits (period 1913-1925). It was perfected by
Born and Jordan, who understood the underlying matrix structure in Heisenberg's approach. Not a single trace of Minkowski here.

QM model of Wave Mechanics, Schrödinger, 1926 and modified by Born in 1927, is based on the concept of matter waves, first imagined
by Louis de Broglie in 1924. It was the QM preferred model, as physicists were familiarized with waves instead of matrix math.
No Minkowski here.

If you want to talk about Dirac's relativistic extension of Schrödinger's theory, it's irrelevant, as it WAS NOT USED in the next decades.
And again, no Minkowski's spacetime here, fucking retarded.

Who told you that you have any intellectual ability to post here, your mamma?

Disgusting relativist asshole.

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<d8624562-9a65-4ff6-95e1-aa367c81975en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116487&group=sci.physics.relativity#116487

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:11:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Thu, 25 May 2023 05:11 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 8:52:35 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 11:44:27 PM UTC-3, JanPB wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 3:51:03 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> > > Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
> > >
> > > Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of physics."
> > >
> > > He thought that describing reality required FIRM PREDICTIONS followed by DIRECT OBSERVATIONS.
> > >
> > > Like his predictions of starlight bent by the Sun, the origin of the advance of
> > > Mercury's perihelion and the redshift of light due to gravity. All this done years
> > > before general relativity was developed by mathematicians and "donated" to him. Later he added gravitational waves and made corrections about his
> > > belief of a static, infinite universe with the cosmological constant.
> > You got it completely garbled but whatever. Let's just ignore this.
> > > Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.
> > No, he thought that the standard QM was *incomplete*.
> > > Ironically, it was his relativity what has been shown as useless.
> > Never heard of it. Shown by who? References, please. Last I checked QM
> > was entirely Minkowski-based. Everything in quantum theory is fields
> > on the Minkowski spacetime.
> > > Meanwhile, QM created the basis for the refinement of the modern world
> > > through solid state physics, chemistry IN GENERAL, atomic clocks, lasers
> > > and
> > >
> > > The incredible development in solid state electronics, complimentary technologies around IC manufacturing, any kind of solid state sensors,
> > > advances in instrumentation, medical sciences, radars, telecommunications, optics, photography, metallurgy, solid state cameras and phones and most
> > > of the modern computers sciences are DIRECTLY LINKED to the
> > > understanding of quantum mechanics.
> > >

> > > It's sad to observe how relativists in denial insist that his "hero" contributed
> > > in something more than confusion to the modern world. And it's sad too to
> > > contemplate how names like Newton, Maxwell, Planck, Bohr, Schrödinger,
> > > Heisenberg, Born, Shockley and many others are either downplayed or
> > > put into oblivion by force of this group that has taken science as prisoner.
> > Nonsense.
> > > The real Einstein: I predict any shit, and it's the job of others to verify it
> > > experimentally. Well, it didn't work well, did it?
> > Not even wrong. Gobbledygook.
> > > Also, this serves to prove how ignorant and lack of intellect Einstein was.
> > Random talk by an ignoramus.
> > > And yet, cretins keep hyping the master cretin of XX century.
> > You don't get the ticket to judge.
> >
> > --
> > Jan
> JanPB: "Last I checked QM was entirely Minkowski-based. Everything in quantum theory is fields
> on the Minkowski spacetime."
>
> Thank you to make public how deeply ignorant you are, imbecile charlatan, liar and deceiver.

What I wrote was correct. What you wrote was incorrect.

> QM model of Matrix Mechanics, Heisenberg, 1925, was developed by him after long interactions with Bohr in the previous year.

I was talking about qunatum mechanics today, not about historical meanders
(interesting as they are).

Again, pick a different hobby. You are wasting your time.

--
Jan

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<1qba73t.1ihud93198lhr9N%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116496&group=sci.physics.relativity#116496

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 10:23:11 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Thu, 25 May 2023 08:23 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:

> Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
>
> Einstein saw Quantum Theory as a means to describe Nature on an atomic
> level, but he doubted that it upheld "a useful basis for the whole of
> physics."

Yes, and that concern still stands.

[snip nonsense]

> Einstein thought that QM was useless, with no practical applications.

Where did you get that crazy idea?

Jan

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<f2a1e597-340c-499e-8832-57dbbb5479d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116497&group=sci.physics.relativity#116497

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 03:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: prokaryo...@gmail.com (Prokaryotic Capase Homolog)
 by: Prokaryotic Capase H - Thu, 25 May 2023 10:16 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 5:51:03 PM UTC-5, Richard Hertz wrote:
> Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%27s_thought_experiments#Quantum_mechanics

Re: This was the real Einstein. His thoughts about quantum mechanics.

<b3cca3e2-a1a6-4ff5-86ab-e6dc8860cb19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116506&group=sci.physics.relativity#116506

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 08:05:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: ross.a.f...@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Thu, 25 May 2023 15:05 UTC

On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 3:16:05 AM UTC-7, Prokaryotic Capase Homolog wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 5:51:03 PM UTC-5, Richard Hertz wrote:
> > Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%27s_thought_experiments#Quantum_mechanics

On the one hand I think that anti-Einstein trolls are ill-advised at best, and un-scientific,
on the other there's that people who don't know the limitations and extents of the theory
often read too much into it, and those who've absorbed various interpretations of QM
that are non-sensical, are ill-advised at best and un-scientific. (... Which is bad, and
essentially makes their opinion non-relevant to more scientific interpretations.)

These days it's "SR is local" and also "wave collapse is real",
and, "dark matter" is un-scientific, and, "MWI" is un-scientific.

Then again, I think that "Square Cantor Space" is actually relevant to continuum mechanics,
because, there's a mathematics with at least three definitions of continuous domains:
line-continuity, field-continuity, and signal-continuity. (Like Jordan measure, the standard
field, and for Dirichlet functions or metrizing ultra-filters.)

So, mathematics _owes_ physics better mathematics of infinities/infinitesimals and foundations.