Never make any mistaeks. -- Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

SubjectAuthor
* Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in theRichard Hertz
+- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inPaul B. Andersen
+* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inLaurence Clark Crossen
|+- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inPaparios
|`* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inwhodat
| +* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inLaurence Clark Crossen
| |+* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inwhodat
| ||`* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRoss Finlayson
| || `- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRoss Finlayson
| |`* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inPaul Alsing
| | +- Cranks only crank (was Re: Whose book is considered to be the mostwhodat
| | +* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRichard Hertz
| | |+* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inPaul Alsing
| | |`- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inLaurence Clark Crossen
| | `* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inMaciej Wozniak
| |  `* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inPaul Alsing
| |   `* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inMaciej Wozniak
| |    `* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inPaul Alsing
| |     `- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inMaciej Wozniak
| `- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRichard Hertz
+- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inJanPB
+- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRichard Hertz
+* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
|+* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
||`- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
|`* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
| +* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
| |`* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
| | `* Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
| |  `- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the historyThe Starmaker
| `- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRoss Finlayson
`- Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication inRichD

Pages:123
Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

<0f2a9678-c1c2-47c4-887e-064f5784a45bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116633&group=sci.physics.relativity#116633

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:42:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in
the history of physics?
From: ross.a.f...@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Sat, 27 May 2023 18:42 UTC

On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 10:32:42 AM UTC-7, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 4:11:17 PM UTC-7, whodat wrote:

> > > It's of no value, so nothing has to supersede it. It only needs to be discarded.
> > As if "crank" needed further definition. Thanks anyway.
>
> The most printed book of all time starts with "what is the fundamental question of
> metaphysics" or "why is there something rather than nothing" as for Leibniz and
> Heidegger and Nozick and so on, giving an answer then proceeding.
>
> It's similar with most all the mythoi of orgins and creation over time,
> since antiquity. Of course it's various the direct connections to a
> fundamental natural physics and science.
>

> Then there's for example "we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, ...."
>
> Then, the theory of science itself is, pretty old, of course it's not just one book,
> it's the canon, and a giant tower of giants to climb on, now with more NIST CODATA.

It's sort of like in the Bible, where the "Beginning" is read as "the aeon" or
"the coming of the age", and the "End" is read as "the aeon" or "the consummation
of the age", it's sort of like there's a built-in model of cyclic cosmology,
in various readings.

Then, the Bible and the World is kind of, you know, this world.

It's like "a length is a cubit".

The Norse Tree of Life or Yggdrasil with all its branches, and Ratatosk the squirrel
up and down and all over the tree, and the eagle on top seeing it, and eagle on top
of that seeing it, it's sort of a model of observation of state.

Which is nice when you want to reconcile it with science and make for apologetics,
for old science.

About though the void and universal it's pretty much the content of the
Western and Eastern philosophy, Western start-and-end and Eastern the middle.

Which is clearly enough always forward in time start-to-end and state in the middle,
that there's a dialectic for the dialectic either way, and the dialectic of consideration,
not the dialectic of asymmetry.

Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

<77cf2295-4f27-445b-b0c8-db1a00ca6b3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116656&group=sci.physics.relativity#116656

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 21:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
<5ac1b9a9-08fb-4437-a2b0-3f55b699008cn@googlegroups.com> <kcq9pnFtu53U1@mid.individual.net>
<63f84018-e129-47c3-bef3-9dd88135eefen@googlegroups.com> <8ab0b7ce-5465-4cb8-a168-f6d8c83fc61cn@googlegroups.com>
<6d2159c5-e854-4408-a737-aab24c70fa59n@googlegroups.com> <803b76d6-6bb5-48e3-9c3a-aee175ae5040n@googlegroups.com>
<1bda0115-ed30-4d59-a5ff-c08373214070n@googlegroups.com> <930244ec-35be-43e8-bf50-793312db5b9cn@googlegroups.com>
<402fe689-81ce-4bb7-be51-5b7da2fbfe67n@googlegroups.com> <83c7999d-4da8-4975-b132-6b08e4f9d3f0n@googlegroups.com>
<u4asg4$146mi$1@dont-email.me> <eb2ddbb0-e61d-498c-8707-384c032faf0en@googlegroups.com>
<u4g427$2771k$1@dont-email.me> <e2d2e2ad-0e00-4cc0-ab5a-a5737a90a897n@googlegroups.com>
<u4gru3$29nne$1@dont-email.me> <76f069a4-42ea-4885-b03c-07862d239965n@googlegroups.com>
<u4tiiu$gjj3$1@dont-email.me>
the history of physics?
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sun, 28 May 2023 04:57 UTC

On Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 20:37:57 UTC+2, Volney wrote:
> On 5/23/2023 12:50 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:

> >> Once again, that's not even wrong.
> >
> > Once again, that IS wrong and you wrote it
> > many times. Wanna quotings?
> No, the part about ISO/proper time is what's "not even wrong".

So, 9 192 631 770 is not ISO? What is ISO then,
stupid Mike? And how should a Cs clock be
set [on a GPS satellite] to count your "proper
time" nonsense?
Calling the "Newton mode" the relativity setting
and vice versa is back-asswards so is simply wrong.
Sorry, stupid Mike.

Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

<u4vk3d$2f8n0$2@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116677&group=sci.physics.relativity#116677

From: zra...@ekarierk.rr (Franz Roijakker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
the history of physics?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 13:14:21 -0000 (UTC)
<83c7999d-4da8-4975-b132-6b08e4f9d3f0n@googlegroups.com>
<u4asg4$146mi$1@dont-email.me>
<eb2ddbb0-e61d-498c-8707-384c032faf0en@googlegroups.com>
<u4g427$2771k$1@dont-email.me>
<e2d2e2ad-0e00-4cc0-ab5a-a5737a90a897n@googlegroups.com>
<u4gru3$29nne$1@dont-email.me>
<76f069a4-42ea-4885-b03c-07862d239965n@googlegroups.com>
<u4tiiu$gjj3$1@dont-email.me>
tk/cWs7XrWt0x9JFHMjnZCNntxD2S69ow4CUhj1sDGlFVUlQ7foMFMPa0bqSUoh
GNLBC5IHThN1W1UkptZNsisERgFyPcCCFV242rcfyEIV6gaqrVxiSGO8E14XPxD
nklT/d3gV+fR71Ofj5DZS4w4CxqqxNIqa4gpLZEnFbJUZqghEKuQZTkMaTxB/BL
xVUrab+gakQyZJP5DogZFX8opqnk175sVmtE8ErfoGoFEfbtD5ACXx6+3o28WQy
e/1So/Qnl3yXJbyCa/5y2QBk94ZJ4AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
 by: Franz Roijakker - Sun, 28 May 2023 13:14 UTC

Volney wrote:

> On 5/23/2023 12:50 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
>> Once again, that IS wrong and you wrote it many times. Wanna quotings?
>
> No, the part about ISO/proper time is what's "not even wrong". Calling
> the "Newton setting" the relativity setting and vice versa is
> back-asswards so is simply wrong.

time is not what a clock show.

Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

<6473B1D5.1E2B@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116695&group=sci.physics.relativity#116695

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
the history of physics?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 12:56:05 -0700
<83c7999d-4da8-4975-b132-6b08e4f9d3f0n@googlegroups.com>
<u4asg4$146mi$1@dont-email.me>
<eb2ddbb0-e61d-498c-8707-384c032faf0en@googlegroups.com>
<u4g427$2771k$1@dont-email.me>
<e2d2e2ad-0e00-4cc0-ab5a-a5737a90a897n@googlegroups.com>
<u4gru3$29nne$1@dont-email.me>
<76f069a4-42ea-4885-b03c-07862d239965n@googlegroups.com>
<u4tiiu$gjj3$1@dont-email.me> <u4vk3d$2f8n0$2@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 28 May 2023 19:56 UTC

Franz Roijakker wrote:

> Volney wrote:
>
> > On 5/23/2023 12:50 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> >> Once again, that IS wrong and you wrote it many times. Wanna quotings?
> >
> > No, the part about ISO/proper time is what's "not even wrong". Calling
> > the "Newton setting" the relativity setting and vice versa is
> > back-asswards so is simply wrong.
>
> time is not what a clock show.

What time do you have now?

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

<6473D74F.6F08@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116703&group=sci.physics.relativity#116703

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 15:35:59 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 28 May 2023 22:35 UTC

Hell, the most dangerous radioactive/radiation element is named after...guess who?

Those who work closely with einsteinium in a laboratory, however, must take precautions to protect themselves from the radiation.

Based on animal studies (rats), Einsteinium is considered a toxic radioactive element. Over half of ingested Einsteinium is deposited in bones, where it
remains for 50 years. A quarter goes to the lungs. A fraction of a percent goes to reproductive organs. About 10% is excreted.

I can smell that...einsteinium in the air.

"By the 1930s it had been established that this epidemic of lung cancer and other lung diseases was caused by breathing radioactive materials in the atmosphere of the mine."

By the 1950's they named it after Albert Einstein in his honor. Einsteinium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einsteinium

I'm sure Richard Feynman is happy about that, and all of his co-workes at the Manhattan Project.

I'll tell you another secret...Albert Einstein died from all that radiation...but you're not suppose to know about that. Because, because you know Why...

The Starmaker wrote:

> [...]
> > > nuclear physics and particle physics, as well as advancements in technology and experimental techniques.
> > >
> > > Einstein's earlier contribution to the theory of mass-energy equivalence and his recognition of the substantial energy released by
> > > processes such as radioactive decay, which ultimately played a role in the development of nuclear reactions and the understanding of the atomic bomb's destructive potential.
> > >
> > > In the early 1940s, Einstein was asked to serve as a consultant to the US military on the development of weapons, including
> > > the potential use of nuclear energy as a weapon. He agreed to lend his expertise to the effort and worked with a team of scientists at the Army's
> > > laboratory in Washington, D.C., where he helped to develop the first theories about how a nuclear weapon might be designed. However,
> > > Einstein did not have any direct involvement in the construction or testing of nuclear weapons. He was not a member of the Manhattan Project,
> > > the top-secret US government research program that developed the first atomic bombs. Instead, he served as a
> > > consultant and provided his expertise on the theoretical aspects of nuclear weapons development.
> > >
> > > However, the details of Einstein's work and the specific contributions he made to the military's weapons development
> > > program have not been widely disclosed. It is likely that much of the information about Einstein's work for the military remains classified to this day.
> > >
> > > Nonetheless, Einstein's original 1905 paper demonstrated his forward-thinking and his eagerness to explore experimental avenues to test and
> > > validate his revolutionary theory of mass-energy equivalence.
> > >
> > > By setting up a nuclear chain reaction in a large mass of uranium, by which vast amounts of power and large quantities of new radium-like elements would be generated.
> > >
> > > This would lead to the construction of bombs, extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed called... Atomic Bombs.
> > >
> > > A single bomb of this might very well destroy Ukraine together with some of the surrounding countries.
> > >
> > > In summary, Einstein's equation, E=mc², established the fundamental understanding that a small amount of mass can be converted into an enormous amount of energy that would lead to the construction of Atomic Bombs.
> > >
> > > --
> > > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > > the unchallengeable.
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Whose book is considered to be the most important publication in the history of physics?

<lfr77i1j1t1a47lkmag9fjnpvfts5ep9oo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=116711&group=sci.physics.relativity#116711

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 17:18:09 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 29 May 2023 00:18 UTC

I'll tell you another secret...Albert Einstein died from all that
radiation...but you're not suppose to know about that.

In a letter to his friend Conrad Habicht in 1905, Einstein discussed
the potential dangers of working with radioactive materials. He wrote,
"It is an irony of fate that I myself have been the recipient of
excessive radiation for many years. But it is precisely the element of
danger that arouses me."

Einstein also acknowledged the dangers associated with radium
exposure.
In a letter to Paul Langevin (dated June 1922), he wrote, "Radium is
an extraordinary element, but it is also a treacherous one. Its
powerful emissions can
be harnessed for beneficial purposes, but they can also pose serious
health risks if not handled with caution."

On Sun, 28 May 2023 15:35:59 -0700, The Starmaker
<starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > Einstein kept the secret to himself because he knew all his friends at the Manhattan Project would run away.
>> >
>> > He said to himself...'Fuck it. It's the price you pay for Science.'
>> >
>> > It's like when you don't tell a girl you're not wearing a condom.
>> >
>> > You think..."Fuck it, let her get pregnant!"
>> >
>> > Me is number one.
>> >
>> > I mean, in the 1930's...practically everybody who got near that stuff...died.

>> > --
>> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
>> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
>> > the unchallengeable.
>>
>> --
>> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
>> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge