Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?Fred Bloggs
`- Re: Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?John Larkin

1
Re: Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?

<c519498f-e856-4130-a34f-bba1caf4928en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118722&group=sci.electronics.design#118722

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:09:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:09 UTC

On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 1:57:18 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:19:38 +0100, Fredxx <fre...@spam.uk> wrote:

> >> And whether filtered or unfiltered, the output is *unregulated*.
> >>
> >> The output varies as a function of the load current.
> >>
> >> Slapping a regulator on the output, makes an output suited
> >> to driving a digital logic circuit. The regulator can be
> >> an SMPS (efficient) or a linear regulator (inefficient).
> >> Linear regulators are easier for hobbyists to assemble.
> >>
> >> https://electrosome.com/variable-power-supply-lm317-voltage-regulator
> >>
> >> And while just about every web page shows "1N4007" as The Diode, no,
> >> there are other choices you can buy. The reason a lot of 1N4000 series
> >> diodes get used, is because hobbyists can buy a bag with a considerable
> >> number of them, for not a lot of money. But you can also get
> >> wafer-style full wave bridge rectifiers, that will plug into your pegboard.
> >> This handles a slight bit more current. The reason I picked this, is
> >> I used something similar in my amp for the computer speakers.
> >>
> >> https://www.nteinc.com/specs/53000to53099/pdf/nte53006_10.pdf
> >
> >It would be most helpful to understand what Mr Hucker, AKA Kinsey, is
> >trying to do.
> >
> He's a civilian, not an actual commander?

He's lost command of his senses.

Re: Two bridge rectifiers on a centre tapped transformer?

<omt32i95sb81rpnbmojeuu8kmoa2t8gidv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118729&group=sci.electronics.design#118729

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 13:05:06 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 20:05 UTC

On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:09:31 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 1:57:18?PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:

>> >It would be most helpful to understand what Mr Hucker, AKA Kinsey, is
>> >trying to do.
>> >
>> He's a civilian, not an actual commander?
>
>He's lost command of his senses.

If I were named Hucker, I might shop around.