You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: Origin of BPism

SubjectAuthor
* Origin of BPismlittor...@gmail.com
+* Re: Origin of BPismDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|`* Re: Origin of BPismI Envy JTEM
| `- Re: Origin of BPismDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
`* Re: Origin of BPismPandora
 +* Re: Origin of BPismI Envy JTEM
 |`* Re: Origin of BPismDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
 | `* Re: Origin of BPismI Envy JTEM
 |  `* Re: Origin of BPismDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
 |   `- Re: Origin of BPismI Envy JTEM
 `- Re: Origin of BPismDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
Origin of BPism

<959451cb-0696-4af9-aa00-82ca9f4904ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11822&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11822

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:53:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Origin of BPism
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 19:53 UTC

1987 Nature 325:305-6
"Origin of hominid bipedalism"

Sinclair cs believe that human BPism arose in scavenging hominid ancestors that had to carry their children while following migrating savanna ungulates, but this seems highly improbable.

There was no empty niche of migrating scavengers to be occupied by hominid ancestors.
Not only vultures, but also canid, felid & hyaenid carnivores were much better preadapted for such a niche.
They possessed sharp beaks or long canine teeth, and did not need to carry stones for cutting carcasses.

Moreover, the BP way of locomotion – whether fast or slow – is inefficient & costly.

Another argument against the migrating hypothesis in particular & the savanna theory of human evolution in general is that it is highly unlikely that hominid ancestors ever lived in the savannas.
Man is the opposite of a savanna inhabitant:
1) Humans lack sun-reflecting fur, but have thermo-insulative SC fat layers, which are never seen in savanna mammals.
2) We have a water- & sodium-wasting cooling system of abundant sweat glands, unfit for a dry environment.
3) Our maximal urine concentration is too low for a savanna-dwelling mammal..
4) We need more water than other primates, and have to drink more often than savanna inhabitants, yet we cannot drink large quantities at a time.
5) The fossils of our hominid ancestors or relatives are always found in water-rich environments.

It is difficult to understand why most anthropologists keep believing in the savanna theory, or why so many anthropologists keep trying to seek the most improbable reasons for BPsm:
they should know there are much better explanations.

Re: Origin of BPism

<40c610a0-f5fa-4fb5-8faa-08abe9efc547n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11830&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11830

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:55:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Origin of BPism
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 01:55 UTC

On Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 2:53:51 PM UTC-5, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> 1987 Nature 325:305-6
> "Origin of hominid bipedalism"

Thanks.

Forest floor hominins (descended from arboreal bipedal hominoids) near shallow crystalline streams sleeping paired (parent child) under portable domeshields, foraging in streams and woodlands, competing for fallen fruits & nuts ambushing competitors.

Re: Origin of BPism

<j5qsog5jj9fcijkm61hn1i7l7tj07qsl2i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11836&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11836

From: pand...@knoware.nl (Pandora)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:14:32 +0100
 by: Pandora - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 13:14 UTC

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:53:50 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
<littoral.homo@gmail.com> wrote:

>1987 Nature 325:305-6
>"Origin of hominid bipedalism"
>
>Sinclair cs believe that human BPism arose in scavenging hominid ancestors that had to carry their children while following migrating savanna ungulates, but this seems highly improbable.
>
>There was no empty niche of migrating scavengers to be occupied by hominid ancestors.
>Not only vultures, but also canid, felid & hyaenid carnivores were much better preadapted for such a niche.
>They possessed sharp beaks or long canine teeth, and did not need to carry stones for cutting carcasses.
>
>Moreover, the BP way of locomotion – whether fast or slow – is inefficient & costly.
>
>Another argument against the migrating hypothesis in particular & the savanna theory of human evolution in general is that it is highly unlikely that hominid ancestors ever lived in the savannas.
>Man is the opposite of a savanna inhabitant:
>1) Humans lack sun-reflecting fur, but have thermo-insulative SC fat layers, which are never seen in savanna mammals.
>2) We have a water- & sodium-wasting cooling system of abundant sweat glands, unfit for a dry environment.
>3) Our maximal urine concentration is too low for a savanna-dwelling mammal.
>4) We need more water than other primates, and have to drink more often than savanna inhabitants, yet we cannot drink large quantities at a time.
>5) The fossils of our hominid ancestors or relatives are always found in water-rich environments.
>
>It is difficult to understand why most anthropologists keep believing in the savanna theory, or why so many anthropologists keep trying to seek the most improbable reasons for BPsm:
>they should know there are much better explanations.

I watched the BBC Wildlife Africa series episode Savannah last night:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pwtsj

At the end David Attenborough commented:

"Every day the animals of eastern Africa gamble with there lives. But
despite the continual changes they face, their extraordinary
adaptability just tips the odds of survival in their favor.
East-Afica may seem very cruel, but there's nowhere else that provides
such rich opportunities for those that are prepared to take them. And
in the end it was these everchanging savannah's that produced the most
adaptable species of all: ourselves"

You think the director pointed a gun at him from behind the camera?

Re: Origin of BPism

<3f9b2e56-ae4c-4e0a-86af-62ecb872f75en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11838&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11838

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:52:02 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:52 UTC

Pandora wrote:

> "Every day the animals of eastern Africa gamble with there lives. But
> despite the continual changes they face, their extraordinary
> adaptability just tips the odds of survival in their favor.
> East-Afica may seem very cruel, but there's nowhere else that provides
> such rich opportunities for those that are prepared to take them. And
> in the end it was these everchanging savannah's that produced the most
> adaptable species of all: ourselves"
>
> You think the director pointed a gun at him from behind the camera?

The same jackass said that the climate was stable until like 100 years ago.
When the subject was Gwobull Warbling. Apparently he's real good at reading
from scripts, but terrible at keeping track of is own narrative.

"It was stable!"

"No, wait, EVERCHANGING! and stable. I mean, it was everchanging in a
completely stable kind of way."

But if you pretend everything occurs in isolation, and that the "Sir" in front
of his name stands for "Wicked smart" instead of "Serves the status quo"
then you can imagine most anything... and you did.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/136414437193

Re: Origin of BPism

<7ca3b15d-7199-46c7-8ec1-e83fc4ecbda8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11839&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11839

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:53:12 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 18:53 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> Forest floor hominins (descended from arboreal bipedal hominoids) near shallow crystalline streams sleeping
> paired (parent child) under portable domeshields, foraging in streams and woodlands, competing for fallen
> fruits & nuts ambushing competitors.

It's hard to poke fun of you when you keep mocking yourself like this.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/136414437193

Re: Origin of BPism

<2f75bf0c-9a14-4edd-b103-41bc6e00aaafn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11845&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11845

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:06:24 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 22:06 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 1:52:03 PM UTC-5, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
>
> > "Every day the animals of eastern Africa gamble with there lives. But
> > despite the continual changes they face, their extraordinary
> > adaptability just tips the odds of survival in their favor.
> > East-Afica may seem very cruel, but there's nowhere else that provides
> > such rich opportunities for those that are prepared to take them. And
> > in the end it was these everchanging savannah's that produced the most
> > adaptable species of all: ourselves"
> >
> > You think the director pointed a gun at him from behind the camera?
> The same jackass said that the climate was stable until like 100 years ago.
> When the subject was Gwobull Warbling. Apparently he's real good at reading
> from scripts, but terrible at keeping track of is own narrative.
>
> "It was stable!"
>
> "No, wait, EVERCHANGING! and stable. I mean, it was everchanging in a
> completely stable kind of way."
>
> But if you pretend everything occurs in isolation, and that the "Sir" in front
> of his name stands for "Wicked smart" instead of "Serves the status quo"
> then you can imagine most anything... and you did.
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/136414437193
Note: global warming has been replaced by climate change. Check your spam box.

Re: Origin of BPism

<91b87185-35b0-4765-b6b8-6c3af3ed7f53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11847&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11847

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:08:52 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 22:08 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 1:53:12 PM UTC-5, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
>
> > Forest floor hominins (descended from arboreal bipedal hominoids) near shallow crystalline streams sleeping
> > paired (parent child) under portable domeshields, foraging in streams and woodlands, competing for fallen
> > fruits & nuts ambushing competitors.
> It's hard to poke fun of you when you keep mocking yourself like this.
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/136414437193
It just gets harder for you.
For me, it gets more accurate.

Re: Origin of BPism

<51454664-f186-4815-bdc4-e94b645ed75an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11853&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11853

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 15:27:22 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 23:27 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> Note: global warming has been replaced by climate change. Check your spam box.

NOTE: There never was a time when they weren't interchangeable. Go rent Al Gore's
movie. It'll catch you up to only 15 years behind the times.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/666892277639233536

Re: Origin of BPism

<29bdf70f-a542-4e71-bf7e-1ce76fa7c7e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11861&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11861

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 00:45:04 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:45 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 8:14:34 AM UTC-5, Pandora wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:53:50 -0800 (PST), "littor...@gmail.com"
> <littor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >1987 Nature 325:305-6
> >"Origin of hominid bipedalism"
> >
> >Sinclair cs believe that human BPism arose in scavenging hominid ancestors that had to carry their children while following migrating savanna ungulates, but this seems highly improbable.
> >
> >There was no empty niche of migrating scavengers to be occupied by hominid ancestors.
> >Not only vultures, but also canid, felid & hyaenid carnivores were much better preadapted for such a niche.
> >They possessed sharp beaks or long canine teeth, and did not need to carry stones for cutting carcasses.
> >
> >Moreover, the BP way of locomotion – whether fast or slow – is inefficient & costly.
> >
> >Another argument against the migrating hypothesis in particular & the savanna theory of human evolution in general is that it is highly unlikely that hominid ancestors ever lived in the savannas.
> >Man is the opposite of a savanna inhabitant:
> >1) Humans lack sun-reflecting fur, but have thermo-insulative SC fat layers, which are never seen in savanna mammals.
> >2) We have a water- & sodium-wasting cooling system of abundant sweat glands, unfit for a dry environment.
> >3) Our maximal urine concentration is too low for a savanna-dwelling mammal.
> >4) We need more water than other primates, and have to drink more often than savanna inhabitants, yet we cannot drink large quantities at a time.
> >5) The fossils of our hominid ancestors or relatives are always found in water-rich environments.
> >
> >It is difficult to understand why most anthropologists keep believing in the savanna theory, or why so many anthropologists keep trying to seek the most improbable reasons for BPsm:
> >they should know there are much better explanations.
> I watched the BBC Wildlife Africa series episode Savannah last night:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pwtsj
>
> At the end David Attenborough commented:
>
> "Every day the animals of eastern Africa gamble with there lives. But
> despite the continual changes they face, their extraordinary
> adaptability just tips the odds of survival in their favor.
> East-Afica may seem very cruel, but there's nowhere else that provides
> such rich opportunities for those that are prepared to take them. And
> in the end it was these everchanging savannah's that produced the most
> adaptable species of all: ourselves"
>
> You think the director pointed a gun at him from behind the camera?
DA changes his tune with the tide.
Savannah & coasts were never the optimal habitat of Homo, but supplemented the lifestyles of forest-floor hominins who were not specialized for arboreal locomotion nor forest canopy refuge as were other primates, due to inhabiting & transporting their constructed shelters... domeshielded groups evolved "immunity" to most adverse situations, while individuals or pair-bonded couples never did, remaining as vulnerable as any other anthropoid individual or pair. True in all environments, we have no specialized biological adaptations cf sea otters, hunting dogs, that limit our expansions, we have instead cultural adaptations which always are accompanied by constructed shelters (later clothing) & and handy tools/weapons. Humans adapt to beaches, plains, glaciers, deserts only because their ground-based sun-shade/rain-shed bug-webbed wind-thinning domeshield nesting habit allowed *better sleep*.. Other species must dedicate more resources & calories to sleep safely than we do. We don't have to climb trees to nap.

Re: Origin of BPism

<7d8f3a7d-63ce-4813-a1b2-de833ef009e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11862&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11862

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 00:46:06 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:46 UTC

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 6:27:23 PM UTC-5, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> > Note: global warming has been replaced by climate change. Check your spam box.
> NOTE: There never was a time when they weren't interchangeable. Go rent Al Gore's
> movie. It'll catch you up to only 15 years behind the times.
>

> -- --
>
> https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/666892277639233536
Climate change. Got it?

Re: Origin of BPism

<7f017ffb-d150-490c-a77c-a062b6813538n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11879&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11879

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:24:02 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Sun, 14 Nov 2021 22:24 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> Climate change. Got it?

Time change, got it?

Same thing. We are inside of a glacial/interglacial cycle that coincides with
orbital cycles, cycles in the changes of the planet's axis, plate tectonics
and even volcanic activity which, over very lengthy periods of time do average
out to something resembling a pattern...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/34203930179