From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Hunting scenes
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 04:50:21 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 03:50 UTC

Of course there were scenes of hunting, and not scenes of everyday
activities. Why would somebody want to draw everyday activities? Hunting
was a sport, hunting was action. Herding cattle, milking cattle, was
dull. Nobody ever drew somebody shitting. Does that mean that they
didn't shit?
This science is so shallow, unbelievable. I am sitting on a shore at
night, and far away I see a light from lighthouse. This is the farthest
object that I can see. So, this is the edge of the Universe, says me.
Because for anything further I don't have evidence.

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: Hunting scenes

<sn779m$9g6$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11935&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11935

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: Hunting scenes
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 04:56:39 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 03:56 UTC

On 19.11.2021. 4:50, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
>         Of course there were scenes of hunting, and not scenes of
> everyday activities. Why would somebody want to draw everyday
> activities? Hunting was a sport, hunting was action. Herding cattle,
> milking cattle, was dull. Nobody ever drew somebody shitting. Does that
> mean that they didn't shit?
>         This science is so shallow, unbelievable. I am sitting on a
> shore at night, and far away I see a light from lighthouse. This is the
> farthest object that I can see. So, this is the edge of the Universe,
> says me. Because for anything further I don't have evidence.

The evidence we have remained preserved in caves. Hence, humans lived
in caves. Hey, maybe it is the preservation bias, you bloody idiots.
Shallow, shallow, shallow.

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: Hunting scenes

<9e3a6d16-3454-4589-b7c9-af15568eb2a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11938&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11938

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 23:16:48 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:16 UTC

On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 10:50:21 PM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Of course there were scenes of hunting, and not scenes of everyday
> activities. Why would somebody want to draw everyday activities? Hunting
> was a sport, hunting was action. Herding cattle, milking cattle, was
> dull. Nobody ever drew somebody shitting. Does that mean that they
> didn't shit?
> This science is so shallow, unbelievable. I am sitting on a shore at
> night, and far away I see a light from lighthouse. This is the farthest
> object that I can see. So, this is the edge of the Universe, says me.
> Because for anything further I don't have evidence.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
> human-e...@googlegroups.com

You talking about Lascou cave paintings?

Re: Hunting scenes

<sn8vgj$jf0$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11943&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11943

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 20:56:04 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:56 UTC

On 19.11.2021. 8:16, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 10:50:21 PM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
>> Of course there were scenes of hunting, and not scenes of everyday
>> activities. Why would somebody want to draw everyday activities? Hunting
>> was a sport, hunting was action. Herding cattle, milking cattle, was
>> dull. Nobody ever drew somebody shitting. Does that mean that they
>> didn't shit?
>> This science is so shallow, unbelievable. I am sitting on a shore at
>> night, and far away I see a light from lighthouse. This is the farthest
>> object that I can see. So, this is the edge of the Universe, says me.
>> Because for anything further I don't have evidence.
>
> You talking about Lascou cave paintings?

I am talking about *all* paintings. Cave paintings, Middle age
paintings, all paintings (and even photographs, if you will). We had
agriculture in Middle ages, yet, we liked to paint hunts.
I take newspapers. What is my lifestyle? Sitting in front of computer,
asking stupid questions. Have I ever seen a picture of a man sitting in
front of computer asking stupid questions in newspapers? No, I see
sportsmen, I see achievements, I see wars, I see some action, not my
real lifestyle. Why would anybody show my real lifestyle? It's boring,
everybody knows about it. I'll show something unusual, something which
involves some action, to catch attention. Everyday things will not catch
anybody's attention.

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: Hunting scenes

<sn8vkn$jf0$2@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11944&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#11944

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 20:58:16 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:58 UTC

On 19.11.2021. 20:56, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> On 19.11.2021. 8:16, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 10:50:21 PM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic
>> wrote:
>>> Of course there were scenes of hunting, and not scenes of everyday
>>> activities. Why would somebody want to draw everyday activities? Hunting
>>> was a sport, hunting was action. Herding cattle, milking cattle, was
>>> dull. Nobody ever drew somebody shitting. Does that mean that they
>>> didn't shit?
>>> This science is so shallow, unbelievable. I am sitting on a shore at
>>> night, and far away I see a light from lighthouse. This is the farthest
>>> object that I can see. So, this is the edge of the Universe, says me.
>>> Because for anything further I don't have evidence.
>>
>> You talking about Lascou cave paintings?
>
>         I am talking about *all* paintings. Cave paintings, Middle age
> paintings, all paintings (and even photographs, if you will). We had
> agriculture in Middle ages, yet, we liked to paint hunts.
>         I take newspapers. What is my lifestyle? Sitting in front of
> computer, asking stupid questions. Have I ever seen a picture of a man
> sitting in front of computer asking stupid questions in newspapers? No,
> I see sportsmen, I see achievements, I see wars, I see some action, not
> my real lifestyle. Why would anybody show my real lifestyle? It's
> boring, everybody knows about it. I'll show something unusual, something
> which involves some action, to catch attention. Everyday things will not
> catch anybody's attention.

I mean, shallow scientists think that cave men painted caves just so
that they can show future scientists what was their lifestyle. No, this
isn't so, for god's sake.