Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 01:54:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Now Europe is planning to start researching a satellite wireless
reflector to power electricity on Earth (the old Solaris concept). I am all
for that research// Science Council Rules Earth, not petty dictators.
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 09:54 UTC

Now Europe is planning to start researching a satellite wireless reflector to power electricity on Earth (the old Solaris concept). I am all for that research// Science Council Rules Earth, not petty dictators.

BBC-- "ESA mulls Solaris plan to beam solar energy from space"

Certainly such a project is even more useful than the existing Space Station.

Now Europe is planning to start researching a satellite wireless reflector to send power electricity to Earth surface (the old Solaris concept). I am all for that research.

Also, it can probably be used by the West to fell all enemy satellites, simply fry their electronics, and thus knocking them out as ICBM guidance navigation.

I feel confident that within the next 10 years, provided we do not have a nuclear war. That we can make ICBMs obsolete. Or at least down the roadway to making them utterly obsolete.

And the most thrilling aspect of making ICBMs obsolete is for the most technical advanced countries to use the enemies own ICBMs to blow up the enemies lands. Sort of like "hacking makes ICBMs obsolete". So that if rogue countries test missiles we simply fell their satellites out of the sky, and if they launch ICBMs we make their ICBM blow up their own country.

But the West has to isolate its enemies like Russia and China, we cannot have superior technology if we keep buying Chinese made electronics and electrical.

AP, King of Science, especially Physics