From: inva...@invalid.com (Sergi o)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: HEADS UP Crypto Coin rug pull Live and learn
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:00:14 -0600
 by: Sergi o - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 03:00 UTC

the following is ALL LIES by FTX, ALL OF the following sentances are LIES.

Crypto Coin has no real value, it is not a Coin either, just two numbers. Even the ones that say they are pegged to the dollar, aren't.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ftx-token/

What Is FTX Token (FTT)?

FTT is the native cryptocurrency token of the crypto derivatives trading platform FTX that launched on May 8, 2019.

The team behind FTX comprises some of the largest crypto traders over the past few years who, having found issues with most mainstream crypto futures
exchanges, decided to launch their own platform. FTX claims that it stands out due to such features as clawback prevention, a centralized collateral
pool and universal stablecoin settlement. FTX is a centralized crypto exchange launched by Sam Bankman-Fried in 2019, backed by significant trading
companies in the industry, including Almeda Research, OTPP, Temasek, BlackRock, Coinbase Ventures and Sequoia Capital. As of 2022, the platform has over
a million registered members, and the daily trading volume has reached billions of dollars.

In regards to clawback prevention, a significant amount of customer funds on other derivative exchanges have been claimed by socialized losses. FTX
reduces this by using a three-tiered liquidation model.

On existing crypto futures exchanges, the collateral is fragmented across separate token wallets; this can be difficult for traders as it prevents
positions from getting liquidated. On the other hand, FTX derivatives are stablecoin-settled and only require one universal margin wallet.

Another feature of the FTT are leveraged tokens, which allow traders to put leveraged positions without the need to trade on margin. If a trader wants
to short Bitcoin with 3x leverage, they can simply buy a 3x short Bitcoin leveraged token on FTX. These tokens are ERC20-compatible and can be listed on
any spot exchange. FTX currently offers XRP, BNB, TRX, BTC, ETH, EOS, USDT and LEO leveraged tokens.

A year after its founding, FTX Exchange introduced the exchange token called FTX Token or FTT. The FTT coin is an ERC-20 standard token that is actively
used by ecosystem participants.

Initially, FTT was established as a reward for exchange transactions; however, over the years the list of functions has grown:

FTT is applicable in the creation of leveraged tokens on the FTX Exchange; users can receive VIP discounts in the form of FTT depending on the number of
coins they own, and it’s possible to earn rewards for providing liquidity through futures positions.

In order to maintain its value, the exchange regularly buys back and burns its tokens, spending on the purchase of FTX: 33% of trading fees, 10% of the
reserve fund, and 5% of other commissions.

FTT Token use cases:

1/3 of the commissions received from transactions on FTX are utilized to buy back FTT. Tokens redeemed in this way are burned;

FTT tokens are used to reduce trading fees and to secure futures positions;

Profits from massive market movements are distributed among the holders;

By purchasing a white label version of FTX’s OTC portal and futures market, institutions and investors pay expenses in FTT tokens;

By creating leveraged tokens, projects can pay listing fees with FTT;

Users can stake FTT to benefit from discounts, bonus votes, and blockchain fee waivers.

One benefit of FTX Token (FTT) is commission discounts. Members pay a low fee and obtain tighter spreads. Traders use FTT as collateral, and those who
are active on FTX Exchange see percentage differences of up to 60%. Traders get insurance protection, which ensures a net profit in moments of market
volatility, then makes it possible to continue trading even without a margin call.

In addition to the fact that FTT is useful for opening positions with leverage, FTT staking also offers perks: discounts, the opportunity to win NFTs,
participation in airdrops, bonus votes and IEO tickets.

FTX is backed by Almeda Research, which is known as one of the leading companies in crypto trading and one of the largest liquidity providers.

As such, FTX is a product designed by professionals with confirmed expertise in the industry. They cover multiple services: from collateral to
maintenance margin to liquidation processes and product listing. FTX also claims to be focused on fast development cycles, allowing them to deploy
crypto trading systems at a competitive pace.

Re: HEADS UP Crypto Coin rug pull Live and learn

<tlhop5$1js7$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=119705&group=sci.math#119705

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: HEADS UP Crypto Coin rug pull Live and learn
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 22:04:20 -0800
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 06:04 UTC

On 11/21/2022 7:00 PM, Sergi o wrote:
> the following is ALL LIES by FTX,  ALL OF the following sentances are LIES.
>
> Crypto Coin has no real value, it is not a Coin either, just two
> numbers. Even the ones that say they are pegged to the dollar, aren't.
>
> https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ftx-token/
>

> What Is FTX Token (FTT)?
[...]

No idea. At least "some" NFT's have some nice art behind them to give
them some sense of "value", so to speak. Fair enough?

Re: HEADS UP Crypto Coin rug pull Live and learn

<tliion$3l9m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=119720&group=sci.math#119720

From: FTR...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 08:27:49 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 13:27 UTC

Chris M. Thomasson formulated on Tuesday :
> On 11/21/2022 7:00 PM, Sergi o wrote:
>> the following is ALL LIES by FTX,  ALL OF the following sentances are LIES.
>>
>> Crypto Coin has no real value, it is not a Coin either, just two numbers.
>> Even the ones that say they are pegged to the dollar, aren't.
>>
>> https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ftx-token/
>>

>> What Is FTX Token (FTT)?
> [...]
>
> No idea. At least "some" NFT's have some nice art behind them to give them
> some sense of "value", so to speak. Fair enough?

I would say yes, that is fair. NFTs only have the value attributed them
by the users of such currency. Art has the same sort of value, it could
be worthless tomorrow.

Re: HEADS UP Crypto Coin rug pull Live and learn

<tljf5p$5tsa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=119745&group=sci.math#119745

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 13:32:39 -0800
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 21:32 UTC

On 11/22/2022 5:27 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
> Chris M. Thomasson formulated on Tuesday :
>> On 11/21/2022 7:00 PM, Sergi o wrote:
>>> the following is ALL LIES by FTX,  ALL OF the following sentances are
>>> LIES.
>>>
>>> Crypto Coin has no real value, it is not a Coin either, just two
>>> numbers. Even the ones that say they are pegged to the dollar, aren't.
>>>
>>> https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ftx-token/
>>>

>>> What Is FTX Token (FTT)?
>> [...]
>>
>> No idea. At least "some" NFT's have some nice art behind them to give
>> them some sense of "value", so to speak. Fair enough?
>
> I would say yes, that is fair. NFTs only have the value attributed them
> by the users of such currency. Art has the same sort of value, it could
> be worthless tomorrow.

Agreed!