Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick to anger.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished

SubjectAuthor
* Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
+- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
`* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
> [...]
     +* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
     |`- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
     +* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
     |`- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
     `* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
      +- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
      `* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
       +- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
       `* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
        +- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
        +* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
        |`- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
        +* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedolcott
        |`- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolishedRichard Damon
        `* Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished (final revision)olcott
         `- Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished (final revision)Richard Damon

Pages:123
Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished (final revision)

<ujgiir$fgj5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12078&group=comp.ai.philosophy#12078

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.math
Subject: Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished (final revision)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:20:27 -0600
 by: olcott - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:20 UTC

On 11/20/2023 2:08 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 11/20/2023 1:25 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy
>>> AKA every self-contradictory expression
>>>
>>> can likewise be used for a similar undecidability proof...
>>>
>>> AKA can likewise be used to provide a sequence of
>>> inference steps proving that self-contradictory
>>> expressions cannot be proven.
>>
>> "By this logic, any proof that mentions epistemological
>> antinomies are invalid"
>>
>> Not at all. I didn't say anything like that.
>>
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used
>> for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> *The above sentence proves that the above sentence is incorrect*
>
> "Note, As I have pointed out, Godel isn't saying that he is using an
> epistemological antinomy as a PREMISE to his proof, so your argument
> doesn't apply to it."
>
> *Since incompleteness already has a precise definition*
> ∀L ∈ Formal_System
> (Incomplete(L) ≡ ∃x ∈ Language(L) ((L ⊬ x) ∧ (L ⊬ ¬x)))
>
> then the epistemological antinomy cannot possibly be correctly
> construed as anything besides x in the above expression.

*I have only been referring to this one quote*
*I have only been referring to this one quote*
*I have only been referring to this one quote*

....14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be
used for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)

*I have not been referring to anything else*
*I have not been referring to anything else*
*I have not been referring to anything else*

"So, you are presuming (INCORRECTLY) that the x in this
formula is an epistemological antinomy in Godel's Proof"

*I am presuming nothing* There is no possible other place
to correctly insert the above quoted epistemological antinomy
in the definition of incompleteness besides x.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished (final revision)

<ujgn95$1eti1$7@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12080&group=comp.ai.philosophy#12080

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.math
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:40:37 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:40 UTC

On 11/20/23 4:20 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 11/20/2023 2:08 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> "By this logic, any proof that mentions epistemological
>>> antinomies are invalid"
>>>
>>> Not at all. I didn't say anything like that.
>>>
>>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used
>>> for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>>
>>> *The above sentence proves that the above sentence is incorrect*
>>
>> "Note, As I have pointed out, Godel isn't saying that he is using an
>> epistemological antinomy as a PREMISE to his proof, so your argument
>> doesn't apply to it."
>>
>> *Since incompleteness already has a precise definition*
>> ∀L ∈ Formal_System
>> (Incomplete(L) ≡ ∃x ∈ Language(L) ((L ⊬ x) ∧ (L ⊬ ¬x)))
>>
>> then the epistemological antinomy cannot possibly be correctly
>> construed as anything besides x in the above expression.
>

> *I have only been referring to this one quote*
> *I have only been referring to this one quote*
> *I have only been referring to this one quote*
>
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be
> used for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> *I have not been referring to anything else*
> *I have not been referring to anything else*
> *I have not been referring to anything else*
>
> "So, you are presuming (INCORRECTLY) that the x in this
> formula is an epistemological antinomy in Godel's Proof"
>
> *I am presuming nothing* There is no possible other place
> to correctly insert the above quoted epistemological antinomy
> in the definition of incompleteness besides x.

And why does he need to insert it in there? What is the rest of the
proof for then?

You just don't seem to understand what you are talking about.

This is likely because you are nothing more than a ignorant,
pathologically lying troll.

Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished

<ujgn9a$1eti1$9@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12082&group=comp.ai.philosophy#12082

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.math
Subject: Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:40:42 -0500

On 11/20/23 4:15 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 11/20/2023 2:08 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> "By this logic, any proof that mentions epistemological
>>> antinomies are invalid"
>>>
>>> Not at all. I didn't say anything like that.
>>>
>>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used
>>> for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>>
>>> *The above sentence proves that the above sentence is incorrect*
>>
>> "Note, As I have pointed out, Godel isn't saying that he is using an
>> epistemological antinomy as a PREMISE to his proof, so your argument
>> doesn't apply to it."
>>
>> *Since incompleteness already has a precise definition*
>> ∀L ∈ Formal_System
>> (Incomplete(L) ≡ ∃x ∈ Language(L) ((L ⊬ x) ∧ (L ⊬ ¬x)))
>>
>> then the epistemological antinomy cannot possibly be correctly
>> construed as anything besides x in the above expression.
>
> "So, you are presuming (INCORRECTLY) that the x in this
> formula is an epistemological antinomy in Godel's Proof"
>
> *I am presuming nothing* There is no possible other place
> to correctly insert the epistemological antinomy in the
> definition of incompleteness besides x.
>
> Also again and again and again I have only been talking
> about this one freaking quote in everyone of my last
> very many messages:
>
> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used
> for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)

Which doesn't mean what you think it does.

And your instance that it does, even after it has been explained
otherwise, just shows that you are just an ignorant lying troll.

You seem to think that the only way you can use something is as a
predicate of a logical operation.

Your imagination is defective.

Re: Undecidable decision problems are abolished

<ujgn9c$1eti1$10@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12083&group=comp.ai.philosophy#12083

From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.math
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:40:44 -0500

On 11/20/23 4:10 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 11/20/2023 2:08 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> "By this logic, any proof that mentions epistemological
>>> antinomies are invalid"
>>>
>>> Not at all. I didn't say anything like that.
>>>
>>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used
>>> for a similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>>
>>> *The above sentence proves that the above sentence is incorrect*
>>
>> "Note, As I have pointed out, Godel isn't saying that he is using an
>> epistemological antinomy as a PREMISE to his proof, so your argument
>> doesn't apply to it."
>>
>> *Since incompleteness already has a precise definition*
>> ∀L ∈ Formal_System
>> (Incomplete(L) ≡ ∃x ∈ Language(L) ((L ⊬ x) ∧ (L ⊬ ¬x)))
>>
>> then the epistemological antinomy cannot possibly be correctly
>> construed as anything besides x in the above expression.
>
> "So, you are presuming (INCORRECTLY) that the x in this
> formula is an epistemological antinomy in Godel's Proof"
>
> *I am presuming nothing* There is no possible other place
> to correctly insert the epistemological antinomy in the
> definition of incompleteness besides x.

Who said he inserted the epistemological antinomy in the definition of
incompleteness.

Incompleteness is just defined as there exists a statement in the system
tha is True but not Provable.

An epistemological antinomy can't be such a statement, as it isn't true.

The incompleteness PROOF, (which is diffent than an definition) just
creates a statement, which can be shown to be true in the system, but
not provable. That statement is NOT an epistemological antinomy, as that
couldn't be shown to be true.

Your problem seems to be that your limited imagination can't handle the
logic of the proof.

Yes, the proof has, in effect, the structure of a given epistemological
antinomy included within it, but only a structural basis, the
epistemological antinomy having been changed by making it assert about
provability instead of truthfulness, which yields a statement which has
a valid solution.