All great discoveries are made by mistake. -- Young

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: LK 99: Superconductive material, as disruptive as the transistor.

SubjectAuthor
* LK 99: Superconductive material, as disruptive as the transistor.Richard Hertz
`- Re: LK 99: Superconductive material, as disruptive as the transistor.The Starmaker

1
LK 99: Superconductive material, as disruptive as the transistor.

<1e1104ce-7a3b-4b14-856f-8ed81f906033n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=121540&group=sci.physics.relativity#121540

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 10:02:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LK 99: Superconductive material, as disruptive as the transistor.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 17:02 UTC

"Insanely Bullish For Humanity": Hype Soars Around New "LK-99" Superconductor Material

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/insanely-bullish-humanity-hype-soars-around-new-lk-99-superconductor-material

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LK-99

As of 2 August 2023, the material has not been confirmed to be superconducting at any temperature. The synthesis of LK-99 and observation of its superconductivity have not been peer-reviewed or independently replicated.[4]

The announcement was widely shared and the reaction by the scientific world was mainly skeptical due to the extraordinary nature of the claims,[5] and errors and inconsistencies in the pre-published papers.

Independent teams are attempting to replicate the South Korean team's work, with results expected in August 2023 owing to the straightforward method of producing the material.[5]

******

JUNK SCIENCE OR THE END OF HEAT IN ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS?

Re: LK 99: Superconductive material, as disruptive as the transistor.

<64CA9D96.63D6@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=121546&group=sci.physics.relativity#121546

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 11:16:54 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 18:16 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

> "Insanely Bullish For Humanity": Hype Soars Around New "LK-99" Superconductor Material
>
> https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/insanely-bullish-humanity-hype-soars-around-new-lk-99-superconductor-material
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LK-99
>
> As of 2 August 2023, the material has not been confirmed to be superconducting at any temperature. The synthesis of LK-99 and observation of its superconductivity have not been peer-reviewed or independently replicated.[4]
>
> The announcement was widely shared and the reaction by the scientific world was mainly skeptical due to the extraordinary nature of the claims,[5] and errors and inconsistencies in the pre-published papers.
>
> Independent teams are attempting to replicate the South Korean team's work, with results expected in August 2023 owing to the straightforward method of producing the material.[5]
>
> ******
>
> JUNK SCIENCE OR THE END OF HEAT IN ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS?

Well, to be clear...

dat guy started a company called UnEarthly Materials.

(unearthly means out-of-this-world)

and he calls the material "redmatter"...

it's from a show Star Trek.

(material dat comes from black holes)

i would've call the matter...tribbles.

“Beam me up, Scotty!” — ...

“Damn it, Jim!” — ...

“Highly illogical.” —

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.