Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 13:53:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cleaning house at Stanford Univ-- Marc Tessier-Lavigne, but do not
stop there, for throw out the corrupt polluting stalker Earle Jones, and give
Stanford Univ some disinfection from its immoral diseases. Slant cut of cone
is Oval, never ellipse.
From: plutoniu...@gmail.com (Archimedes Plutonium)
 by: Archimedes Plutonium - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 21:53 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 7:00:38 PM UTC-6, Earle Jones wrote:
> *
> Several of you have questioned: Is the ellipse a conic section? The answer depends.
> If you are Archimedes Plutonium, the answer is no. If you are one of the other 398,726 mahematicians living today, the answer is yes.
>
> earle
> *

The failed meathead Earle Jones, looks like you have 398,726 subtract 1, as it appears Fred Jeffries below in this thread is starting to question the second axis of symmetry in the slant cut of cone.

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 5:41:05 PM UTC-6, FredJeffries wrote:
> On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 6:23:18 PM UTC-8, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>
> > Disney did a nice animation on it:
> >
> > https://youtu.be/U_ZHsk0-eF0?t=1462
> But it also fails to show how to find the second axis of symmetry

But this does not change the scene by much for every math professor across the globe fails simple geometry with their memorized answer-- ellipse a conic section when it never was, for most math professors are lazy couch potatoes unwilling to experiment with paper cone and drop a coin inside and see that it is impossible to have a 2nd axis of symmetry as Fred Jeffries points out.

And as for Earle Jones the insane 25 year stalker, thoroughly meathead insane. I wonder if the problems at Stanford Univ. with its president Marc Tessier-Lavigne ongoing scandal that he did not adhere to science research standards and many of his publications are not science but opinion, as seen in recent Science journals drawing attention to the fact.

If the president of Stanford is not science oriented, then a lowly failed meathead like Earle Jones, -- no wonder Stanford condones his stalkind meathead posts.

Can Marc Tessier-Lavigne scroll up a sheet of newspaper into a cone, drop a coin inside, tilt it, and see it is only ever going to have 1 axis of symmetry??? No, Marc is not and was not a scientist but an opinionated jerk of science. And this antiscience attitude leaks out and corrupts the scientists at Stanford, especially a insane failure like Earle Jones with his 25 year stalking bullshit. Maybe Marc is posting under the name of Earle Jones. Much like thousands post under Kibo Parry Moroney name at std Boston.

AP