6 May, 2024: The networking issue during the past two days has been identified and may be fixed. Will keep monitoring.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

SubjectAuthor
* Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck'sFred Bloggs
`- Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck'sEd Lee

1
Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<e3dbd90d-1990-4eed-9088-6d0400f2278en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122241&group=sci.electronics.design#122241

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 07:18:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 29 May 2023 14:18 UTC

On Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 3:02:01 PM UTC-4, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> [...]
>
> Anyway if you have advise, information, experience, medical insight, software that could help diagnose this problem better I am all ears.
>
> One more thing I also have or had a hernia at L4/L5 ?! This might also have gotten a little tick while I turned my back it's also on camera I think.
>
> However I can walk, sit up straight, bent over, pick things from floor, so it doesn't really seem like the hernia is in that bad shape... in the past I could not move at all but currently I seem to be able to move.
>
> The tip of the tailbone hurt, as well as the medium part and also the upper part.
>
> My body also makes weird movements like it wants my bottom to thrust forward... strange...
>
> I leave you with a link to the lever effect a phenemenon from physics:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lever
>
> I believe my body, upper part, lower part, tailbone may have created some kind of lever situation where it may have caused damage to nerves near my tailbone or inside of it, or even fractured, broken or twisted the tail bone.
>
> I will try to order an MRI scan on tuesday 2023 if I don't feel better and the issue persists.
>
> The crazy thing is the doctor wants me to order it myself and their website is locked behind SMS codes and I don't have a mobile phone, which is kinda stupid. I will try a free mobile phone number, but first also confront them with this... maybe they can send the order form via e-mail inside of this silly locked up website.
>
> I will also ask questions from meditta mri centrum in the netherlands to judge how good their mri scanners are, I am particularly interested in the resolution.
>
> I have had one mri scan some years ago and I found some software to process the 3D voxel with delphi software.
>
> The mri scanners use/produce 3D data/voxels in a standard format:
>
> I think it was called DICOM.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot find the software I wrote myself using a dicom library which I wrote back then in 2012... I can vaguely remembering being out of disk space or pain and doing it on c drive directly instead of source code folder.
>
> Doesn't matter much but I wish I found it to know for sure, I do still have the mri cd image/iso and it contains CHM help files which also mention DICOM.
>
> The mri scanner/data/cd can show 2D images, but there is also 3D voxel data in there. The resolution was very low for the 3D voxels back then.
>
> Meanwhile I have heard rumors that Atrium hospital in the Netherlands in south part has new mri scanners, however it will take 6 weeks to schedule a scan.
>
> While at meditta a scan could be arranged in 1 or 2 weeks.
>
> I am not sure if a scan will show the problem, but at least it can show if there are any bone problems/fragments or splinters ?!
>
> What other instruments/devices are available to diagnose pissing/shitting/nerve problems ?! tailbone problems ?!

You have coccydynia. It's not the end of the world. Your doctor should be able to treat it. This site says you should use doughnut shaped (toroidal) cushions for sitting:

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/tailbone-pain-coccydynia

Re: I've been in incredible pain for 3 weeks since the Skybuck's SuperPC 2023 component videos...

<283449a7-221b-4693-86c3-f69f18c157c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122249&group=sci.electronics.design#122249

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 09:05:59 -0700 (PDT)
SuperPC 2023 component videos...
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Mon, 29 May 2023 16:05 UTC

On Monday, May 29, 2023 at 7:36:42 AM UTC-7, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 12:18:37 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > On Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 3:02:01 PM UTC-4, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
> > You have coccydynia. It's not the end of the world. Your doctor should be able to treat it. This site says you should use doughnut shaped (toroidal) cushions for sitting:
> >
> > https://www.webmd.com/cancer/tailbone-pain-coccydynia
> Rats. I was hoping that he might not be able to sit comfortably for long enough to type his dim-witted nonsense.

We can only hope, but not likely. If anything, he would have more time to type or speak (to text) to us while lying on bed. So, we have to wish him well, against our wish.

I had back pain before, but not any more. Traction table helps. But first consult your doctor. Weight and length of time are important factors.

https://www.amazon.com/Exerpeutic-Traction-Inversion-Alternative-Capacity/dp/B081R3D922