You are in the hall of the mountain king.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Automatic blur faces in images and video?

SubjectAuthor
* Automatic blur faces in images and video?Rudolph Rhein
+- Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?Bill W
+- Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?Paul
+* Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?Whisky-dave
|`- Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?mike
`- Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?Andy Burnelli

1
Automatic blur faces in images and video?

<t9pfg1$nc3e$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12242&group=rec.photo.digital#12242

From: RudolphR...@nospam.net (Rudolph Rhein)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Automatic blur faces in images and video?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 16:00:10 +0300
 by: Rudolph Rhein - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 13:00 UTC

What Windows program will blur all faces automatically in video or images?

Once or twice a year I host an event where a few dozen people show up with
kids and family and I want to finally, for the first time, post the
pictures & video on the internet but with all faces blurred so that I don't
have to worry about it (they all know this and they will all be asked first
to approve the blur).

But first, is there something that will do that nowadays automatically?

Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?

<0001HW.28708AFB07DD02AE30F3E938F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12243&group=rec.photo.digital#12243

From: noth...@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Subject: Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, alt.comp.os.windows-10, alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 09:17:31 -0500
 by: Bill W - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 14:17 UTC

On Jul 2, 2022, Rudolph Rhein wrote
(in article <t9pfg1$nc3e$1@news.mixmin.net>):

> What Windows program will blur all faces automatically in video or images?
>
> Once or twice a year I host an event where a few dozen people show up with
> kids and family

The Genovese crime family?

> and I want to finally, for the first time, post the
> pictures & video on the internet but with all faces blurred so that I don't
> have to worry about it (they all know this and they will all be asked first
> to approve the blur).
>
> But first, is there something that will do that nowadays automatically?

Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?

<t9pqdk$2lgf1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12244&group=rec.photo.digital#12244

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 12:06:11 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 2 Jul 2022 16:06 UTC

On 7/2/2022 9:00 AM, Rudolph Rhein wrote:
> What Windows program will blur all faces automatically in video or images?
>
> Once or twice a year I host an event where a few dozen people show up with
> kids and family and I want to finally, for the first time, post the
> pictures & video on the internet but with all faces blurred so that I don't
> have to worry about it (they all know this and they will all be asked first
> to approve the blur).
>
> But first, is there something that will do that nowadays automatically?

https://superuser.com/questions/901099/ffmpeg-apply-blur-over-face

"There's the Deface project which splits video into frames,
detects faces using OpenCV and a trained neural network,
and applies a blur to those places."

And don't worry, installing such programs is a zoo and
will test your patience. Your distro might have opencv-GPU
disabled and only opencv-CPU is available (and it runs on
one CPU core instead of all cores), and any such
proposed solution... will be miserably slow.

https://github.com/ORB-HD/deface

Since I did a project involving some of these things recently, usually
what happens is the pulling of dependencies is not perfect,
and you have to pull in some python stuff yourself. You
try to run the program, and immediately it whines
about "some include is missing".

But in terms of approaches, I expect to see words like
"neural network", "OpenCV", "CUDA" or similar, as part
of a solution. You can't do this with "Just C code".

Paul

Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?

<2c679b16-8791-4970-bfb9-70a13234df36n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12259&group=rec.photo.digital#12259

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 18:43:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 01:43 UTC

On Saturday, 2 July 2022 at 13:59:51 UTC+1, Rudolph Rhein wrote:
> What Windows program will blur all faces automatically in video or images?
>
> Once or twice a year I host an event where a few dozen people show up with
> kids and family and I want to finally, for the first time, post the
> pictures & video on the internet but with all faces blurred so that I don't
> have to worry about it (they all know this and they will all be asked first
> to approve the blur).
>
> But first, is there something that will do that nowadays automatically?
There's an option on Utube to blur faces via the video editor, I've never tried it.
But in theory maybe you can upload to utube, blur and then download it .

Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?

<ta4fd0$15pt2$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12266&group=rec.photo.digital#12266

From: thi...@address.is.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 22:36:04 +0530
 by: mike - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:06 UTC

On 06-07-2022 07:13 Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 2 July 2022 at 13:59:51 UTC+1, Rudolph Rhein wrote:
>> What Windows program will blur all faces automatically in video or images?
>>
>> Once or twice a year I host an event where a few dozen people show up with
>> kids and family and I want to finally, for the first time, post the
>> pictures & video on the internet but with all faces blurred so that I don't
>> have to worry about it (they all know this and they will all be asked first
>> to approve the blur).
>>
>> But first, is there something that will do that nowadays automatically?
>
> There's an option on Utube to blur faces via the video editor, I've never tried it.
> But in theory maybe you can upload to utube, blur and then download it .

Don't know about video but krita & paint.net blur image area selections.

Re: Automatic blur faces in images and video?

<ta53bi$75s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=12267&group=rec.photo.digital#12267

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 23:46:38 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 22:46 UTC

> I don't know of anything free that will blur video selections though as the
> selection has to move frame by frame and that's going to cost some money.

Shotcut is free (as long as you don't use the Microsoft Store to get it).
<https://shotcut.org/download/>

Microsoft store $10
<https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/shotcut/9PLNFFL3P6LR>

*Shotcut Tutorial: How To Track And Blur A Moving Face Or Object.*
<https://youtu.be/ksNOrhiXUQI>

*How To Censor Faces in Shotcut (Mosaic or Blur)*
<https://youtu.be/B1Tyjs-BdIg>

*How to Blur Face and Objects Using #Shotcut [Tutorial]*
<https://youtu.be/SEgHtp1N7dE>

*Shotcut - Tutorial part 16 - how to blur faces (UPDATED)*
<https://youtu.be/xHja2s_zDR4>
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Automatic blur faces in images and video?