tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

SubjectAuthor
* America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwellsa a
+- America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwellsa a
+- Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. ItEd Lee
+* Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the CJohn Larkin

1
America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<7d3e009e-44bc-4bde-8980-488928f0404cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122358&group=sci.electronics.design#122358

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:38:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 23:38 UTC

America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells

<d1deM.3218490$l5R6.1994177@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122361&group=sci.electronics.design#122361

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 03:06:49 GMT
 by: a a - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 03:06 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<0d167fc6-de02-4e81-9fa6-f37603ee25f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122371&group=sci.electronics.design#122371

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 06:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:35 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 4:38:10 PM UTC-7, a a wrote:
> America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

It's not the same. During US USSR Cold War, there were not much trades and/or interactions between the two countries. For the current US China Cold War, the goal is to reduce trades and dependencies. US is the customer and China is the supplier for most goods. Bullying your customer won't work. Crying Wolf Warrior Diplomacy is not a good idea.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<3qsj7id2bg4r3rhq405fuhsiilj2f9dmat@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122372&group=sci.electronics.design#122372

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 07:04:16 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 14:04 UTC

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:38:06 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
wrote:

>America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

Not at all. America keeps changing, maybe overshoots too much, but
adapts.

That's stilted Chinese propaganda, the only kind that's allowed. China
is a dictatorship on the wrong side of history.

China is the lonely one. I don't think even Russia is a friend.
Certainly India and Viet Nam and Taiwan and the Phillipines aren't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

Look up Jindalee Radar. Square miles of antennas.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<g_peM.760229$5CY7.374245@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122376&group=sci.electronics.design#122376

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:51:08 -0400
 by: bitrex - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:51 UTC

On 6/2/2023 10:04 AM, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:38:06 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo
>
> Not at all. America keeps changing, maybe overshoots too much, but
> adapts.
>
> That's stilted Chinese propaganda, the only kind that's allowed. China
> is a dictatorship on the wrong side of history.

China and DeSantis' Florida have a lot in common in that respect.

> China is the lonely one. I don't think even Russia is a friend.
> Certainly India and Viet Nam and Taiwan and the Phillipines aren't.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China
>
> Look up Jindalee Radar. Square miles of antennas.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<i3bk7i9652gu2qaodbm7i105fcacmebrmo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122377&group=sci.electronics.design#122377

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 11:04:02 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:04 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:51:08 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 6/2/2023 10:04 AM, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:38:06 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo
>>
>> Not at all. America keeps changing, maybe overshoots too much, but
>> adapts.
>>
>> That's stilted Chinese propaganda, the only kind that's allowed. China
>> is a dictatorship on the wrong side of history.
>
>China and DeSantis' Florida have a lot in common in that respect.

They have little in common. Florida elects its multi-party government.
There are term limits. Dissidents and their families are not arrested
in Florida. Florida does not persecute churches or clubs. Florida is
not hostile to Alabama or Georgia. People freely cross the borders;
just drive or walk across.

It's too warm for my metabolism, but Florida is a nice place.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<0956b864-623a-4ac0-a527-19f4b9dd2d14n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122378&group=sci.electronics.design#122378

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 11:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:07 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 7:38:10 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

China did a world of good for the North Korean people, now didn't it? Didn't it?

Hong Kong is not liking Chinese rule one bit. A significant number of the population has fled, their financial sector is in decline, people there are very unhappy.

That article is mind-numbing dumb. Even the Chinese people would recognize it as garbage.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<15e8ff5f-43b4-48c4-aacd-1e9f58333001n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122379&group=sci.electronics.design#122379

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 11:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:24 UTC

On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 10:04:30 AM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:38:06 -0700 (PDT), a a <mant...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo
> Not at all. America keeps changing, maybe overshoots too much, but
> adapts.
>
> That's stilted Chinese propaganda, the only kind that's allowed. China
> is a dictatorship on the wrong side of history.
>
> China is the lonely one. I don't think even Russia is a friend.
> Certainly India and Viet Nam and Taiwan and the Phillipines aren't.

The very first use of concentration camps in modern warfare was by the United States in the *Philippines* ( 1 L and double P ).

Historically there's always been quite a bit of interaction with China.

From back in the days when you could just move to a place without any kind of immigration restrictions:

Chinese Filipinos are one of the largest overseas Chinese communities in Southeast Asia.[5]

Filipinos with any Chinese descent comprised 22.8 million of the population..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Filipino

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China
>
> Look up Jindalee Radar. Square miles of antennas.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<pbreM.415207$b7Kc.87353@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122383&group=sci.electronics.design#122383

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 15:13:24 -0400
 by: bitrex - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 19:13 UTC

On 6/2/2023 2:04 PM, John Larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:51:08 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On 6/2/2023 10:04 AM, John Larkin wrote:

>>> Not at all. America keeps changing, maybe overshoots too much, but
>>> adapts.
>>>
>>> That's stilted Chinese propaganda, the only kind that's allowed. China
>>> is a dictatorship on the wrong side of history.
>>
>> China and DeSantis' Florida have a lot in common in that respect.
>
> They have little in common. Florida elects its multi-party government.
> There are term limits. Dissidents and their families are not arrested
> in Florida. Florida does not persecute churches or clubs. Florida is
> not hostile to Alabama or Georgia. People freely cross the borders;
> just drive or walk across.

Florida's powers-that-be seem pretty interested in what its citizens are
reading:

<https://www.theledger.com/story/news/education/2022/08/31/book-bans-polk-county-florida-group-leader-files-police-reports/7890236001/>

State-managed enterprises:

<https://www.npr.org/2023/04/18/1170617701/desantis-seeks-to-control-disney-with-state-oversight-powers>

And a big helping of good ol' fashioned you-scratch-my-back, I'll
scratch yours:

<https://truthout.org/articles/ron-desantis-signs-bill-shielding-elon-musks-spacex-from-lawsuits/>

> It's too warm for my metabolism, but Florida is a nice place.

Yeah and it's not likely to get any cooler.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<74c67ac6-388f-4bb6-8e61-ce8c8c6f4d54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122385&group=sci.electronics.design#122385

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 14:19:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 21:19 UTC

On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 3:13:32 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 6/2/2023 2:04 PM, John Larkin wrote:

> >> China and DeSantis' Florida have a lot in common in that respect.
> >
> > They have little in common. Florida elects its multi-party government.
> > There are term limits. Dissidents and their families are not arrested
> > in Florida. Florida does not persecute churches or clubs. Florida is
> > not hostile to Alabama or Georgia. People freely cross the borders;
> > just drive or walk across.
> Florida's powers-that-be seem pretty interested in what its citizens are
> reading:
>
> <https://www.theledger.com/story/news/education/2022/08/31/book-bans-polk-county-florida-group-leader-files-police-reports/7890236001/>
>
> State-managed enterprises:
>
> <https://www.npr.org/2023/04/18/1170617701/desantis-seeks-to-control-disney-with-state-oversight-powers>
>
> And a big helping of good ol' fashioned you-scratch-my-back, I'll
> scratch yours:
>
> <https://truthout.org/articles/ron-desantis-signs-bill-shielding-elon-musks-spacex-from-lawsuits/>
> > It's too warm for my metabolism, but Florida is a nice place.

The truthout story is a bunch bullshit innuendo for uneducated people looking to feel oppressed by a conspiracy of corporate.

The law is actually a good law because it prevents troublemakers from bringing lawsuits, on the ancient principle of assumption of risk. They can't win under existing law, but now can't even get their lawsuit into court. The kind of people just looking for a settlement payout to avoid court costs/ legal fees. It is in fact an improvement of existing law.

> Yeah and it's not likely to get any cooler.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<381s7i1ob681q37uab88mtkq4v3b1oa0bo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122493&group=sci.electronics.design#122493

From: jlar...@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 08:57:35 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 15:57 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 15:13:24 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 6/2/2023 2:04 PM, John Larkin wrote:

>>> China and DeSantis' Florida have a lot in common in that respect.
>>
>> They have little in common. Florida elects its multi-party government.
>> There are term limits. Dissidents and their families are not arrested
>> in Florida. Florida does not persecute churches or clubs. Florida is
>> not hostile to Alabama or Georgia. People freely cross the borders;
>> just drive or walk across.
>
>Florida's powers-that-be seem pretty interested in what its citizens are
>reading:
>
><https://www.theledger.com/story/news/education/2022/08/31/book-bans-polk-county-florida-group-leader-files-police-reports/7890236001/>

People in Florida can buy anything they want from Amazon or a
bookstore. People in China can't.

>State-managed enterprises:
>
><https://www.npr.org/2023/04/18/1170617701/desantis-seeks-to-control-disney-with-state-oversight-powers>

Inspecting transport machinery is facism?

>And a big helping of good ol' fashioned you-scratch-my-back, I'll
>scratch yours:
>
><https://truthout.org/articles/ron-desantis-signs-bill-shielding-elon-musks-spacex-from-lawsuits/>
>
>> It's too warm for my metabolism, but Florida is a nice place.
>

>Yeah and it's not likely to get any cooler.

Especially when the national power grid fails and the a/c units don't
work.

Re: America is getting lonelier on the wrong side of history. It dwells on the Cold War era and clings on to its worm-eaten diplomatic playbook that reads: "Nobody can challenge me. No one is allowed to stand in my way." http://xhtxs.cn/ICo

<5f061ae7-626c-44af-908b-aecf193385fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122515&group=sci.electronics.design#122515

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:51 UTC

On Monday, June 5, 2023 at 10:12:44 AM UTC-4, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 7:19:42 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > Florida's powers-that-be seem pretty interested in what its citizens are
> > > reading:
> > >
> > > <https://www.theledger.com/story/news/education/2022/08/31/book-bans-polk-county-florida-group-leader-files-police-reports/7890236001/>
> > >
> > > State-managed enterprises:
> > >
> > > <https://www.npr.org/2023/04/18/1170617701/desantis-seeks-to-control-disney-with-state-oversight-powers>
> > >
> > > And a big helping of good ol' fashioned you-scratch-my-back, I'll
> > > scratch yours:
> > >
> > > <https://truthout.org/articles/ron-desantis-signs-bill-shielding-elon-musks-spacex-from-lawsuits/>
> > The truthout story is a bunch bullshit innuendo for uneducated people looking to feel oppressed by a conspiracy of corporate.
> >
> > The law is actually a good law because it prevents troublemakers from bringing lawsuits, on the ancient principle of assumption of risk. They can't win under existing law, but now can't even get their lawsuit into court. The kind of people just looking for a settlement payout to avoid court costs/ legal fees. It is in fact an improvement of existing law.
> Twaddle. It may be an improvement of existing law. but only in the sense that in reinforces the existing US policy - "the people who own the country get to run the country for their own advantage". It suits Elon Musk, who can keep on being an irresponsible meddler, but make it even harder to hold people to account for the messes they make.

Maybe you missed the part about the new law only applies to people who've signed a warning notice acknowledging they are fully informed of the risks.

The law is to prevent the unemployable lawyer types from bringing $60M lawsuits against the company for failing to inform their client that eating five dozen packages of Oreo's every day could possibly lead to health problems..