When speculation has done its worst, two plus two still equals four. -- S. Johnson

tech / sci.math / Re: Honest Communications

SubjectAuthor
* Honest CommunicationsTimothy Golden
+- Re: Honest CommunicationsTimothy Golden
+* Re: Honest CommunicationsSergi o
|+- Re: Honest CommunicationsTimothy Golden
|`- Re: Honest CommunicationsSergi o
`* Re: Honest CommunicationsJens Stuckelberger
 +- Re: Honest CommunicationsTimothy Golden
 `- Re: Honest CommunicationsTimothy Golden

1
Honest Communications

<4c72c9bf-26a0-48d6-a3a7-91a7c1741636n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122878&group=sci.math#122878

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 15:15:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Honest Communications
From: timbandt...@gmail.com (Timothy Golden)
 by: Timothy Golden - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 23:15 UTC

What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?
To take sides is not the journalist's position.
Yet bias has been broadcast as unavoidable.
Does the true journalist bight on this and ride the bias wagon?
In the search for truth to what degree is the mathematician satisfying the journalistic ideal? In that we are here to discover the truth, and by this I mean the truth as it stands freely, though not so easily observed; for the obscurity of simplicity in such a dynamical reality readily escapes the human; yet here I expose the absurdities that the supposed journalists have launched upon us. The mathematicians are much more escapist as they are applying themselves not to reality, almost by definition. They have no need of any concern for the goings on about them. That this is their branch and that they are the Spock-like ones who have some exclusive regard for the truth; this we are supposed to grant them in deference by definition as we participate on sci.math.

Re: Honest Communications

<b1d6e67d-fa7d-49a2-b12f-2e8b481cc8e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122937&group=sci.math#122937

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 10:31:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Honest Communications
From: timbandt...@gmail.com (Timothy Golden)
 by: Timothy Golden - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:31 UTC

On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 12:28:14 PM UTC-5, Augǝl wrote:
> On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 1:15:47 AM UTC+2, timba...@gmail.com wrote:
> > What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?
> > To take sides is not the journalist's position.
> > Yet bias has been broadcast as unavoidable.
> > Does the true journalist bight on this and ride the bias wagon?
> > In the search for truth to what degree is the mathematician satisfying the journalistic ideal? In that we are here to discover the truth, and by this I mean the truth as it stands freely, though not so easily observed; for the obscurity of simplicity in such a dynamical reality readily escapes the human; yet here I expose the absurdities that the supposed journalists have launched upon us. The mathematicians are much more escapist as they are applying themselves not to reality, almost by definition. They have no need of any concern for the goings on about them. That this is their branch and that they are the Spock-like ones who have some exclusive regard for the truth; this we are supposed to grant them in deference by definition as we participate on sci.math.
> You look, like You know a lot of math. Makes me jealous.
"Let 2023 be the year that the #EuropeanUnion shows at last that it cares more about protecting the 'Freedom of Journalists' than it does about protecting + covering up the Crimes of #US Empire and #NATO - We must #FreeJulianAssange in 2023..." - Mick Wallace on Twitter 3 hours ago

Re: Honest Communications

<tosm5j$1k9u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122943&group=sci.math#122943

From: inva...@invalid.com (Sergi o)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 13:16:03 -0600
 by: Sergi o - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 19:16 UTC

On 12/31/2022 5:15 PM, Timothy Golden wrote:
> What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?

they are paid honest money from a political party, and translate any event into propaganda.

> To take sides is not the journalist's position.

no! it is what they are paid to do!

> Yet bias has been broadcast as unavoidable.

no, it is a business model.

> Does the true journalist bight on this and ride the bias wagon?

Money talks, a journalist is at the bottom of society, they write up stuff they know nothing about...

> In the search for truth to what degree is the mathematician satisfying the journalistic ideal?

QuACk!!

In that we are here to discover the truth, and by this I mean the truth as it stands freely,

no such thing. truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Re: Honest Communications

<05985d22-ed4a-422e-9bb5-66e739f1c124n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122982&group=sci.math#122982

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 16:07:37 -0800 (PST)
From: timbandt...@gmail.com (Timothy Golden)
 by: Timothy Golden - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 00:07 UTC

On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 2:20:09 PM UTC-5, Augǝl wrote:
> On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 9:16:11 PM UTC+2, Sergi o wrote:
> > On 12/31/2022 5:15 PM, Timothy Golden wrote:
> > > What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?
> > they are paid honest money from a political party, and translate any event into propaganda.
> > > To take sides is not the journalist's position.
> > no! it is what they are paid to do!
> > > Yet bias has been broadcast as unavoidable.
> > no, it is a business model.
> > > Does the true journalist bight on this and ride the bias wagon?
> > Money talks, a journalist is at the bottom of society, they write up stuff they know nothing about...
> > > In the search for truth to what degree is the mathematician satisfying the journalistic ideal?
> > QuACk!!
> > In that we are here to discover the truth, and by this I mean the truth as it stands freely,
> > no such thing. truth is in the eye of the beholder.
> Sergio, are You god ?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1609129658435440641

This is sci.math and I don't mean to contaminate too badly the group. Still, the point of regard for the truth versus going along with a fraud is relevant I believe: do mathematicians willingly go along with a fraud belief system? Under threat of rejection or failure? How can we know? I believe we work out variations, and when the variations hold up, just as the original supposedly coherent presentation holds up, then all is well, but when it does not hold up then a time of uncertainty is afoot. It seems that ultimately the truth will prevail, yet for humans, finding the truth is elusive. This is how we wind up in this slow progression mimicking the prior works. Do we really know that we are not at the stage of the Pythagoreans only farther out? Especially as the accumulation stacks upon itself the dreadful amount of work denies simplicity its place at the table.

Re: Honest Communications

<tot9fb$tbl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122987&group=sci.math#122987

From: inva...@invalid.com (Sergi o)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:45:31 -0600
 by: Sergi o - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 00:45 UTC

On 1/1/2023 1:20 PM, Augǝl wrote:
> On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 9:16:11 PM UTC+2, Sergi o wrote:
>> On 12/31/2022 5:15 PM, Timothy Golden wrote:
>>> What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?
>> they are paid honest money from a political party, and translate any event into propaganda.
>>> To take sides is not the journalist's position.
>> no! it is what they are paid to do!
>>> Yet bias has been broadcast as unavoidable.
>> no, it is a business model.
>>> Does the true journalist bight on this and ride the bias wagon?
>> Money talks, a journalist is at the bottom of society, they write up stuff they know nothing about...
>>> In the search for truth to what degree is the mathematician satisfying the journalistic ideal?
>> QuACk!!
>> In that we are here to discover the truth, and by this I mean the truth as it stands freely,
>> no such thing. truth is in the eye of the beholder.
>

> Sergio, are You god ?

I provide guidance to him too.

Re: Honest Communications

<totd1s$1rdq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=122993&group=sci.math#122993

From: Jens_Stu...@nowhere.net (Jens Stuckelberger)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 01:46:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jens Stuckelberger - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 01:46 UTC

On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 15:15:43 -0800 (PST), Timothy Golden wrote:

> What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?

They've never done that, and chances are they never will.
Journalists are, by and large, in the payroll of for-profit
organizations. What matters to those organizations is to maximize profit
for their shareholders, not to communicate honestly. As it happens, there
are far, far more efficient ways to achieve their goal than communicating
honestly - in fact, communicating honestly will often run counter to
their goal.

Re: Honest Communications

<01e2446d-dcab-49a8-9122-b205c3398f96n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=123108&group=sci.math#123108

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 06:31:37 -0800 (PST)
From: timbandt...@gmail.com (Timothy Golden)
 by: Timothy Golden - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 14:31 UTC

On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 8:46:45 PM UTC-5, Jens Stuckelberger wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 15:15:43 -0800 (PST), Timothy Golden wrote:
>
> > What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?
> They've never done that, and chances are they never will.
> Journalists are, by and large, in the payroll of for-profit
> organizations. What matters to those organizations is to maximize profit
> for their shareholders, not to communicate honestly. As it happens, there
> are far, far more efficient ways to achieve their goal than communicating
> honestly - in fact, communicating honestly will often run counter to
> their goal.

Accountability has to mean something. Yet it is truly amazing how far the lies are spread and held.
Possibly this is as well a factor of human behavior. Mimicry is of course operant. The programmable human has barely been approached as discussions on consciousness and what it means to have general intelligence supposedly move forward.

These guys are pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4reMfv8-bg
I'm sure they aren't rolling in the dough either.

Re: Honest Communications

<14c950d6-601c-44b2-a9f3-429afaaa4202n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=123442&group=sci.math#123442

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 08:32:45 -0800 (PST)
From: timbandt...@gmail.com (Timothy Golden)
 by: Timothy Golden - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 16:32 UTC

On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 8:46:45 PM UTC-5, Jens Stuckelberger wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2022 15:15:43 -0800 (PST), Timothy Golden wrote:
>
> > What more could we ask of our journalists than honest communication?
> They've never done that, and chances are they never will.
> Journalists are, by and large, in the payroll of for-profit
> organizations. What matters to those organizations is to maximize profit
> for their shareholders, not to communicate honestly. As it happens, there
> are far, far more efficient ways to achieve their goal than communicating
> honestly - in fact, communicating honestly will often run counter to
> their goal.

Step back and take another look.
How bad is it?
Context over the last forty years exposes that the counterargument now receives zero percent coverage versus the deep state story which receives 100 percent coverage. This was not so during the Iraq war era. It was 5 percent to 95 percent, but you see that slim portion was enough for truth seekers. Now they have taken even that away. Russiagate has brought us into WWIII it seems; all at the option of the democratic party and the deep state, but of course the strategy launched from the deep. Developing Russia as an enemy just as democratic socialism aka Bernie Sanders scrubs the homeland for $10 donations... time to reignite the cold war era. Now Bernie wisely ducked and covered, and what a mess they've made for themselves; really exposing that capitalism can walk around with half its head blown off. It's amazing what they can patch up these days.

It is totally understandable how the average citizen could stare in disbelief and bight their lip for a decade or so... meanwhile inside the system peoples' guts are churning; the ulcers are burning; their minds like putty; feeling quite slutty; they are all in it; refusing to wipe the dog shit from their shoes.