186,000 Miles per Second. It's not just a good idea. IT'S THE LAW.

tech / sci.math / Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are Real

SubjectAuthor
* Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are RealPentcho Valev
+- Re: Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are RealY A
`- Re: Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are RealPentcho Valev

1
Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are Real

<b77f2bb4-0842-4dac-8ee4-4cfe4679e5a8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=123571&group=sci.math#123571

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 08:34:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are Real
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:34 UTC

Sabine Hossenfelder: "I do not doubt that the gravitational wave detections are real. But. I spend a lot of time on science communication, and I know that many of you doubt that these detections are real. And, to be honest, I cannot blame you for this doubt. " http://backreaction.blogspot.com/2019/11/have-we-really-measured-gravitational.html

So many establishment physicists (Sabine would not communicate with non-establishment pariahs) doubt that gravitational wave detections are real. Yet you would not find their doubts expressed on Internet. Why? Because the all-powerful ideology is too cruel:

"This paper investigates an alternative possibility: that the critics were right and that the success of Einstein's theory in overcoming them was due to its strengths as an ideology rather than as a science. The clock paradox illustrates how relativity theory does indeed contain inconsistencies that make it scientifically problematic. These same inconsistencies, however, make the theory ideologically powerful...The gatekeepers of professional physics in the universities and research institutes are disinclined to support or employ anyone who raises problems over the elementary inconsistencies of relativity. A winnowing out process has made it very difficult for critics of Einstein to achieve or maintain professional status. Relativists are then able to use the argument of authority to discredit these critics. Were relativists to admit that Einstein may have made a series of elementary logical errors, they would be faced with the embarrassing question of why this had not been noticed earlier. Under these circumstances the marginalisation of antirelativists, unjustified on scientific grounds, is eminently justifiable on grounds of realpolitik. Supporters of relativity theory have protected both the theory and their own reputations by shutting their opponents out of professional discourse...The triumph of relativity theory represents the triumph of ideology not only in the profession of physics bur also in the philosophy of science." Peter Hayes, The Ideology of Relativity: The Case of the Clock Paradox https://tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02691720902741399

Natalia Kiriushcheva was the only establishment physicist who found courage to hint at the truth (LIGO's gravitational waves are fakes):

"On September 16, 2010, a false signal - a so-called "blind injection" - was fed into both the Ligo and Virgo systems as part of an exercise to "test .... detection capabilities". At the time, the vast majority of the hundreds of scientists working on the equipment had no idea that they were being fed a dummy signal. The truth was not revealed until March the following year, by which time several papers about the supposed sensational discovery of gravitational waves were poised for publication. "While the scientists were disappointed that the discovery was not real, the success of the analysis was a compelling demonstration of the collaboration's readiness to detect gravitational waves," Ligo reported at the time. But take a look at the visualisation of the faked signal, says Dr Kiriushcheva, and compare it to the image apparently showing the collision of the twin black holes, seen on the second page of the recently-published discovery paper. "They look very, very similar," she says. "It means that they knew exactly what they wanted to get and this is suspicious for us: when you know what you want to get from science, usually you can get it." The apparent similarity is more curious because the faked event purported to show not a collision between two black holes, but the gravitational waves created by a neutron star spiralling into a black hole. The signals appear so similar, in fact, that Dr Kiriushcheva questions whether THE "TRUE" SIGNAL MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN AN ECHO OF THE FAKE, "STORED IN THE COMPUTER SYSTEM from when they turned off the equipment five years before"." https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/why-albert-einstein-continues-to-make-waves-as-black-holes-collide-1.188114

Kiriushcheva immediately disappeared from public debate, converted into an unperson perhaps:

George Orwell: "Withers, however, was already an unperson. He did not exist: he had never existed."

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are Real

<bad4d082-117a-4fe7-ac72-3de7ba000097n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=123574&group=sci.math#123574

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 08:37:44 -0800 (PST)
From: ye555555...@mail.com (Y A)
 by: Y A - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:37 UTC

HeY MaN...... How WaS YoUr päev ?

On Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 6:34:59 PM UTC+2, pva...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Kiriushcheva immediately disappeared from public debate, converted into an unperson perhaps:
>
> George Orwell: "Withers, however, was already an unperson. He did not exist: he had never existed."
>
> See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

Re: Physicists Doubt That Gravitational Wave Detections Are Real

<58ef8e22-4c3c-4d3e-b7e0-e1730a4871f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=123666&group=sci.math#123666

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 02:36:08 -0800 (PST)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 10:36 UTC

LIGO don't detect anything - they FAKE gravitational waves. There were rehearsals - fakers secretly injected false signals, informed the scientific community about a great discovery, studied scientists' reactions, finally fixed noticed Achilles heels. The dress rehearsal occurred in 2010. A few "expert administrators" injected a false signal, deceived the whole world and misled astronomers into wasting time and money on the fake. Remarkably, "this became particularly useful starting in September 2015":

"...a blind injection test where only a select few expert administrators are able to put a fake signal in the data, maintaining strict confidentiality.. They did just that in the early morning hours of 16 September 2010. Automated data analyses alerted us to an extraordinary event within eight minutes of data collection, and within 45 minutes we had our astronomer colleagues with optical telescopes imaging the area we estimated the gravitational wave to have come from. Since it came from the direction of the Canis Major constellation, this event picked up the nickname of the "Big Dog Event". For months we worked on vetting this candidate gravitational wave detection, extracting parameters that described the source, and even wrote a paper. Finally, at the next collaboration meeting, after all the work had been cataloged and we voted unanimously to publish the paper the next day. However, it was revealed immediately after the vote to be an injection and that our estimated parameters for the simulated source were accurate. Again, there was no detection, but we learned a great deal about our abilities to know when we detected a gravitational wave and that we can do science with the data.. This became particularly useful starting in September 2015." https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/a-null-result-is-not-a-failure