From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Army mutiny in Russia
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 19:03:11 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 16:03 UTC

On 6/25/2023 9:21, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/6/24/spitting-on-soldiers-graves-russians-react-to-wagner-mutiny
>
> Sort of interesting. Putin isn't keeping his mercenaries happy, which is never a good approach. Whether a few peevish soldier can act as the nucleus of a larger up-rising is uncertain. It has happened, but not all that often.

Looks like it has been an organized publicity stunt.
They now build barracks <200 km from the Ukranian border with
Belarus. Whether they mean to launch an attack on Kiev from there
or it is only about Kiev allocating forces there is yet to be seen.

Putin is obviously quite certain his power is beyond challenge,
otherwise he would not have made himself look weak.
It is a trick. I doubt Zelensky can be tricked but all western
analysts I have read/listened to have been tricked.