No wonder Clairol makes so much money selling shampoo. Lather, Rinse, Repeat is an infinite loop!

tech / sci.math / Re: 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrong ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle

SubjectAuthor
* 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrongEram semper recta
+- Re: 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrongEram semper recta
`- Re: 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrongzelos...@gmail.com

1
13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrong ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle

<270fccfe-5ba8-4568-af56-3273cd4d8968n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=124120&group=sci.math#124120

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 21:57:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrong
ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle
From: thenewca...@gmail.com (Eram semper recta)
 by: Eram semper recta - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 05:57 UTC

Aristotle (the father of set theory) is by far overrated, not only as a philosopher, but also a mathematician. Truth is, Ari was not even worthy to be called a mathematician's arse.

“By the mean of a thing I denote a point equally distant from either extreme, which is one and the same for everybody; by the mean relative to us, that amount which is neither too much nor too little, and this is not one and the same for everybody." - Ari

Remind you of anyone? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Yeah, I can think of many set theorists that would say something as stupid or worse. And no, you can't say that Ari didn't have the language tools because he wrote tons of crap on interpretation and meaning. For one so skilled as Ari, he left much to be desired in his "ερμηνεία" (interpretation) of the level magnitude. In fact, the idiot Ari didn't even know what he was talking about - much like his modern day acolytes, the set theorists and topologists.

https://www.academia.edu/45675341/Did_the_Ancient_Greeks_know_about_arithmetic_mean

Modern Greek mathematics academics are a bunch of imbeciles.

Αναρωτιέμαι πόσοι από εσάς είστε πραγματικά απόγονοι Αρχαίων Ελλήνων. Ναι, ηλίθιοι! Είστε πολλά αδαή και αμόρφωτα παπαγαλάκια.

The dictionary should be revised for this entry:

Set theory: the study of unscientific beliefs.

Re: 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrong ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle

<2004816e-fc3a-458f-8b25-77848c0da068n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=124123&group=sci.math#124123

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 22:04:03 -0800 (PST)
ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle
From: thenewca...@gmail.com (Eram semper recta)
 by: Eram semper recta - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 06:04 UTC

On Friday, 13 January 2023 at 07:57:41 UTC+2, Eram semper recta wrote:
> Aristotle (the father of set theory) is by far overrated, not only as a philosopher, but also a mathematician. Truth is, Ari was not even worthy to be called a mathematician's arse.
>
> “By the mean of a thing I denote a point equally distant from either extreme, which is one and the same for everybody; by the mean relative to us, that amount which is neither too much nor too little, and this is not one and the same for everybody." - Ari
>
> Remind you of anyone? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Yeah, I can think of many set theorists that would say something as stupid or worse. And no, you can't say that Ari didn't have the language tools because he wrote tons of crap on interpretation and meaning. For one so skilled as Ari, he left much to be desired in his "ερμηνεία" (interpretation) of the level magnitude. In fact, the idiot Ari didn't even know what he was talking about - much like his modern day acolytes, the set theorists and topologists.
>
> https://www.academia.edu/45675341/Did_the_Ancient_Greeks_know_about_arithmetic_mean
>
> Modern Greek mathematics academics are a bunch of imbeciles.
>
> Αναρωτιέμαι πόσοι από εσάς είστε πραγματικά απόγονοι Αρχαίων Ελλήνων. Ναι, ηλίθιοι! Είστε πολλά αδαή και αμόρφωτα παπαγαλάκια.
>
> The dictionary should be revised for this entry:
>
> Set theory: the study of unscientific beliefs.

Mind you, "neither too much nor too little" sounds a lot like Newton, Cauchy and several others. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What an illogical bullshit phrase this is. Other popular bullshit phrases today are "as small as you please", "infinitely small", "infinitely many" and the list goes on and on...

Re: 13 January 2023: New visitors to sci.math: Time to correct wrong ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle

<66948a3e-dc6c-4c07-814b-39cfae56601an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=124135&group=sci.math#124135

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 00:12:22 -0800 (PST)
ideas about supposed great men: Aristotle
From: zelos.ma...@gmail.com (zelos...@gmail.com)
 by: zelos...@gmail.com - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 08:12 UTC

fredag 13 januari 2023 kl. 06:57:41 UTC+1 skrev Eram semper recta:
> Aristotle (the father of set theory) is by far overrated, not only as a philosopher, but also a mathematician. Truth is, Ari was not even worthy to be called a mathematician's arse.
>
> “By the mean of a thing I denote a point equally distant from either extreme, which is one and the same for everybody; by the mean relative to us, that amount which is neither too much nor too little, and this is not one and the same for everybody." - Ari
>
> Remind you of anyone? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Yeah, I can think of many set theorists that would say something as stupid or worse. And no, you can't say that Ari didn't have the language tools because he wrote tons of crap on interpretation and meaning. For one so skilled as Ari, he left much to be desired in his "ερμηνεία" (interpretation) of the level magnitude. In fact, the idiot Ari didn't even know what he was talking about - much like his modern day acolytes, the set theorists and topologists.
>
> https://www.academia.edu/45675341/Did_the_Ancient_Greeks_know_about_arithmetic_mean
>
> Modern Greek mathematics academics are a bunch of imbeciles.
>
> Αναρωτιέμαι πόσοι από εσάς είστε πραγματικά απόγονοι Αρχαίων Ελλήνων. Ναι, ηλίθιοι! Είστε πολλά αδαή και αμόρφωτα παπαγαλάκια.
>
> The dictionary should be revised for this entry:
>
> Set theory: the study of unscientific beliefs.

Mathematics has nothing to do with science, once again, showing your own stupidity.