Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 15:53:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Did the human X Chromosome originate in Asia?
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 23:53 UTC

Alright, so we know that the oldest mtDNA line
comes from Asia. Well, Oceana:

Mungo Man, the LM3 insert on... Chromosome
11, is it?

But there is also evidence for an Asian ancestry
of the X Chromosome

https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/22/2/189/963863?login=true

Not sure if "Asian" is correct here. Most "Out of Asia"
scenarios point the finger to Sundaland as the birthplace
of humans. This X Chromosome evidence is looking
towards China.

I ALSO DON'T LIKE THE DATE!

The normal rule is that molecular dating exaggerates
age a great deal. But this isn't always true, it's really
just mostly true, and when it comes to nature not to
mention humans we've got to expect the unexpected. So
when I say "F*** the dating!" I mean it, but don't write any
checks on my word here.

Still the dating is intriguing, isn't it?

It's in line with claims regarding the age of the modern
brain (in erectus) of something like 1.7 to 1.8 million
years ago... it's in line with proto erectus or Asian
habilis but certainly Homo: Homo georgicus.

AND, it's in line with claims that there isn't enough genetic
distinction to call the archaic populations different
species, and that there's probably only been one single
Homo species since (including) erectus.

There. I've punched a lot of buttons, ignited a lot of fuses
for one post, but it is all tied together. IF there is only one
species going back to erectus, AND the modern brain is
part of that species, AND it evolved from georgicus or a
common ancestor then why not?

I mean, why not an Asian (Oceana) origins for some of
our DNA?

Like the LM3 insert. Like this X Chromosome find.

::Discuss::

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/674029109944434688