Most people will listen to your unreasonable demands, if you'll consider their unacceptable offer.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / The extinction of Neanderthals

SubjectAuthor
* The extinction of NeanderthalsMario Petrinovic
+* Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|`* Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsMario Petrinovic
| `* Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsMario Petrinovic
|  +- Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|  `* Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|   `* Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|    `- Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsI Envy JTEM
`* Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsI Envy JTEM
 `- Re: The extinction of NeanderthalsMario Petrinovic

1
The extinction of Neanderthals

<su1uq4$t6m$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12751&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12751

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: The extinction of Neanderthals
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 03:55:01 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 02:55 UTC

I am reading about new estimates that Neanderthals and people lived
longer side by side, and the doubts about the reason for extinction.
The level of not being able to understand things within scientists is
frightening. We had the emergence of bow and arrows. Yes, this means
that, first, this caused the reorganization between Homo sapiens
communities, and then the extinction of Neanderthals. Is this simple
thing really so hard to understand? If this is so hard for science to
understand, how can we expect that science *ever* *figures out* anything
that is more complicated?

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<899d35d2-1d15-4995-9da0-e1497e9629b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12753&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12753

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 19:05:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The extinction of Neanderthals
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 03:05 UTC

On Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 9:55:02 PM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> I am reading about new estimates that Neanderthals and people lived
> longer side by side, and the doubts about the reason for extinction.
> The level of not being able to understand things within scientists is
> frightening. We had the emergence of bow and arrows. Yes, this means
> that, first, this caused the reorganization between Homo sapiens
> communities, and then the extinction of Neanderthals. Is this simple
> thing really so hard to understand? If this is so hard for science to
> understand, how can we expect that science *ever* *figures out* anything
> that is more complicated?
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
> human-e...@googlegroups.com

Cheezuz.
NOW what you complainin' 'bout soldier??

Neandertals were isolated & inbred.
Then Sapiens came and killed them.
Because Sapiens are hypersocial paranoics that destroy any direct threat.
Nobody had archery then.

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<su28hf$5bf$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12754&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12754

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 06:41:04 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 05:41 UTC

On 10.2.2022. 4:05, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 9:55:02 PM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
>> I am reading about new estimates that Neanderthals and people lived
>> longer side by side, and the doubts about the reason for extinction.
>> The level of not being able to understand things within scientists is
>> frightening. We had the emergence of bow and arrows. Yes, this means
>> that, first, this caused the reorganization between Homo sapiens
>> communities, and then the extinction of Neanderthals. Is this simple
>> thing really so hard to understand? If this is so hard for science to
>> understand, how can we expect that science *ever* *figures out* anything
>> that is more complicated?
>
> Cheezuz.
> NOW what you complainin' 'bout soldier??
>
> Neandertals were isolated & inbred.
> Then Sapiens came and killed them.
> Because Sapiens are hypersocial paranoics that destroy any direct threat.
> Nobody had archery then.

Daud, I am talking about the latest things. You are lagging behind, ;) .
"There is speculation that the smaller points might be arrow heads."
54 kya
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60305218
Bows and arrows, South Africa 72 - 60 kya:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibudu_Cave

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<su28um$5o8$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12755&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12755

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 06:48:07 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 05:48 UTC

On 10.2.2022. 6:41, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> On 10.2.2022. 4:05, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 9:55:02 PM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic
>> wrote:
>>> I am reading about new estimates that Neanderthals and people lived
>>> longer side by side, and the doubts about the reason for extinction.
>>> The level of not being able to understand things within scientists is
>>> frightening. We had the emergence of bow and arrows. Yes, this means
>>> that, first, this caused the reorganization between Homo sapiens
>>> communities, and then the extinction of Neanderthals. Is this simple
>>> thing really so hard to understand? If this is so hard for science to
>>> understand, how can we expect that science *ever* *figures out* anything
>>> that is more complicated?
>>
>> Cheezuz.
>> NOW what you complainin' 'bout soldier??
>>
>> Neandertals were isolated & inbred.
>> Then Sapiens came and killed them.
>> Because Sapiens are hypersocial paranoics that destroy any direct threat.
>> Nobody had archery then.
>
>         Daud, I am talking about the latest things. You are lagging
> behind, ;) .
>         "There is speculation that the smaller points might be arrow
> heads." 54 kya
> https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60305218
>         Bows and arrows, South Africa 72 - 60 kya:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibudu_Cave

Take a look, the youngest invention in Middle Paleolithic was bow and
arrow. After that Upper Paleolithic starts. So, you can see what impact
bow and arrow had, this started "behavioral modernity". Bow and arrow
caused social reorganization, this is where from "behavioral modernity"
originates. Just like the invention of Colt revolver, exactly like that.
"God made people, but col. Colt made them equal.", :).:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions#Middle_Paleolithic
Boy, I am talking to a wall.

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<594cf518-0daa-43d8-b897-9a485527e2cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12756&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12756

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 00:45:27 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:45 UTC

On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 12:48:08 AM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> On 10.2.2022. 6:41, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> > On 10.2.2022. 4:05, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> >>
> >> Cheezuz.
> >> NOW what you complainin' 'bout soldier??
> >>
> >> Neandertals were isolated & inbred.
> >> Then Sapiens came and killed them.
> >> Because Sapiens are hypersocial paranoics that destroy any direct threat.
> >> Nobody had archery then.
> >
> > Daud, I am talking about the latest things. You are lagging
> > behind, ;) .
> > "There is speculation that the smaller points might be arrow
> > heads." 54 kya
> > https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60305218
> > Bows and arrows, South Africa 72 - 60 kya:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibudu_Cave
> Take a look, the youngest invention in Middle Paleolithic was bow and
> arrow. After that Upper Paleolithic starts. So, you can see what impact
> bow and arrow had, this started "behavioral modernity". Bow and arrow
> caused social reorganization, this is where from "behavioral modernity"
> originates. Just like the invention of Colt revolver, exactly like that.
> "God made people, but col. Colt made them equal.", :).:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions#Middle_Paleolithic
> Boy, I am talking to a wall.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
> human-e...@googlegroups.com

They do not mention atlatls/woomeras/spearthrowers, which followed thrusting and throwing spears and preceded archery.
They are speculating about bows & arrows. Too early imo.

Sapiens were in Europe by 55ka, as I've said for many years, but neanderthals were still there in isolated pockets, both avoided each other. Then more Sapiens came, crowded, and started war, seek and destroy. Neanderthals were hunters and fighters, but not warriors.

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<f1ddacda-ad21-42d4-8ada-60b7246f2339n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12757&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12757

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 00:50:46 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:50 UTC

On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 12:48:08 AM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> On 10.2.2022. 6:41, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> > On 10.2.2022. 4:05, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> >>
> >> Cheezuz.
> >> NOW what you complainin' 'bout soldier??
> >>
> >> Neandertals were isolated & inbred.
> >> Then Sapiens came and killed them.
> >> Because Sapiens are hypersocial paranoics that destroy any direct threat.
> >> Nobody had archery then.
> >
> > Daud, I am talking about the latest things. You are lagging
> > behind, ;) .
> > "There is speculation that the smaller points might be arrow
> > heads." 54 kya
> > https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60305218
> > Bows and arrows, South Africa 72 - 60 kya:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibudu_Cave
> Take a look, the youngest invention in Middle Paleolithic was bow and
> arrow. After that Upper Paleolithic starts. So, you can see what impact
> bow and arrow had, this started "behavioral modernity". Bow and arrow
> caused social reorganization, this is where from "behavioral modernity"
> originates. Just like the invention of Colt revolver, exactly like that.
> "God made people, but col. Colt made them equal.", :).:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions#Middle_Paleolithic
> Boy, I am talking to a wall.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
> human-e...@googlegroups.com

Distinguish between arrowhead and *likely* arrowhead.

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<eb1e339f-b3cc-4352-837e-e2eecaa41b1an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12758&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12758

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:37:48 -0800 (PST)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:37 UTC

On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 3:50:47 AM UTC-5, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 12:48:08 AM UTC-5, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> > > Daud, I am talking about the latest things. You are lagging
> > > behind, ;) .
> > > "There is speculation that the smaller points might be arrow
> > > heads." 54 kya
> > > https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60305218
> > > Bows and arrows, South Africa 72 - 60 kya:
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibudu_Cave
> > Take a look, the youngest invention in Middle Paleolithic was bow and
> > arrow. After that Upper Paleolithic starts. So, you can see what impact
> > bow and arrow had, this started "behavioral modernity". Bow and arrow
> > caused social reorganization, this is where from "behavioral modernity"
> > originates. Just like the invention of Colt revolver, exactly like that..
> > "God made people, but col. Colt made them equal.", :).:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions#Middle_Paleolithic
> > Boy, I am talking to a wall.
> >
> > --
> > https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
> > human-e...@googlegroups.com
> Distinguish between arrowhead and *likely* arrowhead.

The oldest evidence of [[likely]] arrowheads, dating to c. 64,000 years ago, were found in Sibudu Cave, current South Africa. [2][3][4][5][6] [[Likely]] arrowheads made from animal bones have been discovered in the Fa Hien Cave in Sri Lanka which are also the oldest evidence for the use of arrows outside of Africa dating to c. 48,000 years ago. [7] [8]The oldest evidence of the use of bows to shoot arrows dates to about 10,000 years ago; it is based on pinewood arrows found in the Ahrensburg valley north of Hamburg. They had shallow grooves on the base, indicating that they were shot from a bow.[9] The oldest bow so far recovered is about 8,000 years old, found in the Holmegård swamp in Denmark. Archery seems to have arrived in the Americas with the Arctic small tool tradition, about 4,500 years ago.

The oldest clear evidence of arrows: 10ka.

Note: Andaman Islanders use an S- shaped bow which doubles as a canoe paddle. The arrows can be as long as 6'. Some Amazon hunters also use 6' arrows.

Note: Australians had no bow & arrow afaik, but used woomera, an atlatl like a long-handled spoon, and the boomerang.

Note: Papuans shoot arrows which have no string-notch in the rear, probably the oldest form, which is similar to an atlatl dart.

AmerIndians had no archery until ~5ka, Aztecs etc. had advanced atlatls and used them more frequently than bows.

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<1b94e38f-2ade-4c68-9f9d-d30b29a67be5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12763&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12763

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:04:48 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 20:04 UTC

Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> I am reading about new estimates that Neanderthals and people

*Bzzzzt!*

Oh! We're sorry but we have some lovely parting gifts... Don't go
away mad, just go away.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/675289305206472704

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<0c69836d-91b5-43a6-9eeb-7f60be298f00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12764&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12764

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:37:58 -0800 (PST)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 20:37 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> The oldest evidence of [[likely]] arrowheads, dating to c. 64,000 years ago, were found in Sibudu Cave

Nobody saw any arrow heads until recently... the paleo anthropology social program.

The problem here is that there are no bows, no arrows and all they have is an apparent
point. But spears need points. Darts need points. Or, the more popular (in paleo
archaeology) atlatl needs points:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear-thrower

(Call it a "Spear" or a "Dart!")

So there's a fascinating story online about how they made some of these points and
shot them at a dead goat to compare the type of fractures they were seeing on the
artifact... and it's all so fascinating except they excluded one point for a miss that hit
a tree -- because archaics never missed, right? -- and they failed to test other weapons
that could have benefited from ending in a point...

The POINT to this is that POINTS aren't unique. What is unique is the absolute focus
with laser like precision on the OoA nonsense...

When did the Bantu people even arrive in South Africa anyway? Like maybe 3k years
ago? So in this OoA idiocy they shouldn't even be grouped in with "Africans" but
Eurasians! What's the point of this social program when it excludes most of the
people it's trying to make feel better?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/AGW/page/2

Re: The extinction of Neanderthals

<su4iet$reg$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12766&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#12766

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 03:42:37 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 02:42 UTC

On 10.2.2022. 21:04, I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Mario Petrinovic wrote:
>
>> I am reading about new estimates that Neanderthals and people
>
> *Bzzzzt!*
>
> Oh! We're sorry but we have some lovely parting gifts... Don't go
> away mad, just go away.

Hm, I am not English speaker, so I don't know what's wrong with you.