Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 04:22:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ukrainians don't want peace
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 11:22 UTC

On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 6:27:05 PM UTC+10, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> On 02/09/2023 21:13, Vir Campestris wrote:
> > On 01/09/2023 21:50, Cursitor Doom wrote:

<snip>
> Climate change caused by Mann. but never natural variations in climate.

Climate science, which you clearly don't know anything about, worked out how we've had a series of ice ages and interglacials for the last 2.6 million year.

That was "natural variation". Burning lots of fossil carbon and dumping lots of CO2 into the atmosphere happens to duplicate one of the effects that makes ice ages, with 180ppm CO2 in the atmosphere, appreciably colder than integlacials (where the CO2 content is around 270ppm).

You just advertised the fact that you are ignorant half-wit.

> In the Peter Principle, people appointed to their level of incompetence develop strategies of dealing with it. One of these is IIRC the Utter Irrelevancy Syndrome.

You'd be an example.
> They invent pointless things to involve themselves with while the real issues go unaddressed.

Anthropgenioc global warming is a real issue, and you don't want to address it.,
> We have a migrant crisis, a debt crisis and and energy crisis and are paralysed by bureaucracy.

None of these "crises" is stopping stuff from happening - right-wing nit-wits running around crying that sky is falling are a nuisance, but they don't stop stuff getting done.

> So we concentrate on blokes wearing frocks

The right wing does get excited about gender issues. It's hard to see why they bother. Maybe it is because they can over-simplify it down to something they can understand.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Ukrainians don't want peace