Landru! Guide us! -- A Beta 3-oid, "The Return of the Archons", stardate 3157.4

tech / sci.electronics.design / China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step for

SubjectAuthor
* China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
+- China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
+* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationJan Panteltje
|+- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationRicky
|`* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| +- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| +* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationRicky
| |`* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| | +- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| | `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationRicky
| |  +* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |  |+- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |  |`* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationRicky
| |  | `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |  |  +- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |  |  +* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationRicky
| |  |  |`* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |  |  | `- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |  |  `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationAnthony William Sloman
| |  |   `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationupsidedown
| |  |    +- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationAnthony William Sloman
| |  |    `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationnone
| |  |     `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationJohn Larkin
| |  |      `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationAnthony William Sloman
| |  |       `- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationnone
| |  `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationEdward Hernandez
| |   `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |    +- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |    `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationBrook Vitaliy
| |     `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| |      `- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
| `- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generationa a
+- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy powerAnthony William Sloman
+- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN CJohn Larkin
+- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy powerFred Bloggs
`* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy powerFred Bloggs
 `* Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy powera a
  +- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy powera a
  `- Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN ChLie by a a

Pages:12
China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step for

<0f9d5a87-c935-443c-aecd-ff9f33249e22n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128629&group=sci.electronics.design#128629

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:35 UTC

China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
CGTN

China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable energy sources.

Ocean thermal energy conversion is a process that can generate electricity by making use of the temperature differences between the sea surface and deep ocean. China is endowed with plentiful of ocean thermal energy conversion resources.

The floating ocean thermoelectric power generator, developed by domestic researchers led by the Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey, was aboard the marine research vessel Haiyang Dizhi-2, or literally Ocean Geology No. 2, to carry out its first sea test in the South China Sea at a depth of 1,900 meters.

The trial power generation process lasted over four hours, with a maximum power output of 16.4 kilowatts.

The test has proved the feasibility of the country's independently developed ocean thermoelectric power generation system both theoretically and practically.

"We have mastered the core and key technologies including turbine power generation featuring small temperature differences and wide load range, heat preservation of water collected from deep sea, and cold-water pipeline installation," said Ning Bo, a senior engineer with Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey under China Geological Survey.

"We have fully leveraged the high-quality industrial cluster in Guangzhou's Nansha District and systematically integrated the resources of multiple competitive enterprises. The device is completely homegrown, with low cost and impressive adaptability," Ning said.

China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<GtgMM.9771$tXw4.912@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128630&group=sci.electronics.design#128630

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:50:14 GMT
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:50 UTC

Yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa post.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<uds4nf$3ou7$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128631&group=sci.electronics.design#128631

From: ali...@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:59:58 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.nl/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 10:59 UTC

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
<0f9d5a87-c935-443c-aecd-ff9f33249e22n@googlegroups.com>:

>China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
>CGTN
>
>China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy in=
>to electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marki=
>ng a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable ene=
>rgy sources.

US has a 105 kW one supplying power to the grid:
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<b90eb420-832b-477d-bd3f-d91880ae0132n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128633&group=sci.electronics.design#128633

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 04:11:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 11:11 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7:00:07 AM UTC-4, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in
> <0f9d5a87-c935-443c...@googlegroups.com>:
> >China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> >CGTN
> >
> >China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy in=
> >to electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marki=
> >ng a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable ene=
> >rgy sources.
>
> US has a 105 kW one supplying power to the grid:
> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php

U S A! U S A! U S A!

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<8b46eba8-96d3-4759-b3ca-2b92bc5e7d93n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128635&group=sci.electronics.design#128635

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 04:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 11:22 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 13:00:07 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in
> <0f9d5a87-c935-443c...@googlegroups.com>:
> >China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> >CGTN
> >
> >China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy in=
> >to electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marki=
> >ng a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable ene=
> >rgy sources.
>
> US has a 105 kW one supplying power to the grid:
> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php

thank you

"Warm surface water is pumped through an evaporator containing a working fluid.

What makes the working fluid to turn into water vapor, as in the image:

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<n2hMM.20352$eyS6.9840@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128636&group=sci.electronics.design#128636

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 11:29:23 GMT
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 11:29 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<e5652248-3617-47ba-9946-d243cc6ee4fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128637&group=sci.electronics.design#128637

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 04:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 11:46 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7:22:33 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 13:00:07 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> > <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > <0f9d5a87-c935-443c...@googlegroups.com>:
> > >China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> > >CGTN
> > >
> > >China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy in=
> > >to electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marki=
> > >ng a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable ene=
> > >rgy sources.
> >
> > US has a 105 kW one supplying power to the grid:
> > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php
> thank you
>
> "Warm surface water is pumped through an evaporator containing a working fluid.
>
> What makes the working fluid to turn into water vapor, as in the image:
>
> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png

You probably need to study the physics of evaporation. Even at room temperature water vapor evaporates from liquid water. What is important is that this vapor has a pressure. The condenser has a lower vapor pressure.

The difference in temperature is what drives the difference in vapor pressure. The pressure difference provides the energy to drive the turbine.

We are used to high temperatures and pressures being used for power generation. That is not required. It does make the energy transfers more efficient.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<ff32b6f5-d9ee-4dbf-ace2-52d230453cc2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128638&group=sci.electronics.design#128638

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 05:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:03 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 13:46:57 UTC+2, Ricky wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7:22:33 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 13:00:07 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > > On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> > > <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in

> > > US has a 105 kW one supplying power to the grid:
> > > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php
> > thank you
> >
> > "Warm surface water is pumped through an evaporator containing a working fluid.
> >
> > What makes the working fluid to turn into water vapor, as in the image:
> >
> > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
> You probably need to study the physics of evaporation. Even at room temperature water vapor evaporates from liquid water. What is important is that this vapor has a pressure. The condenser has a lower vapor pressure.
>
> The difference in temperature is what drives the difference in vapor pressure. The pressure difference provides the energy to drive the turbine.
>
> We are used to high temperatures and pressures being used for power generation. That is not required. It does make the energy transfers more efficient.
>
> --

Water can evaporate at room temperature if energy is consumed to generate vaccum.

What is depicted in the image
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png

is the working standard in refrigerators

But water is no low temperature evaporation fluid at ambient pressure.

So this is not water acting as a working fluid.

>> You probably need to study the physics of evaporation.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<2DhMM.69955$kCld.36656@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128639&group=sci.electronics.design#128639

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:08:30 GMT
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:08 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<122c4477-fd17-4739-84ba-6a7e1f962d75n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128640&group=sci.electronics.design#128640

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 05:17:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:17 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:03:21 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 13:46:57 UTC+2, Ricky wrote:

> > > thank you
> > >
> > > "Warm surface water is pumped through an evaporator containing a working fluid.
> > >
> > > What makes the working fluid to turn into water vapor, as in the image:
> > >
> > > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
> > You probably need to study the physics of evaporation. Even at room temperature water vapor evaporates from liquid water. What is important is that this vapor has a pressure. The condenser has a lower vapor pressure.
> >
> > The difference in temperature is what drives the difference in vapor pressure. The pressure difference provides the energy to drive the turbine.
> >
> > We are used to high temperatures and pressures being used for power generation. That is not required. It does make the energy transfers more efficient.
> >
> > --
> Water can evaporate at room temperature if energy is consumed to generate vaccum.
>
> What is depicted in the image
> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
>
> is the working standard in refrigerators
>
> But water is no low temperature evaporation fluid at ambient pressure.
>
> So this is not water acting as a working fluid.
> >> You probably need to study the physics of evaporation.

I stand by my statement that you need to learn more about what is going on. You can't understand this process, until you understand that the vapor pressure from the evaporator is higher than the vapor pressure at condenser. Once you understand that, you will grasp that there is energy available to drive the turbine. There's no need to create a vacuum of any sort.

If you can't get your head around this, then picture the condenser forming a partial vacuum. Whatever. There's no magic. The system works as shown. Learn about it.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<5ccee7a7-15f2-410c-8e46-a9560b70f7d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128641&group=sci.electronics.design#128641

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 05:29:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:29 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 14:17:38 UTC+2, Ricky wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:03:21 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:

> > > You probably need to study the physics of evaporation. Even at room temperature water vapor evaporates from liquid water. What is important is that this vapor has a pressure. The condenser has a lower vapor pressure.
> > >
> > > The difference in temperature is what drives the difference in vapor pressure. The pressure difference provides the energy to drive the turbine.
> > >
> > > We are used to high temperatures and pressures being used for power generation. That is not required. It does make the energy transfers more efficient.
> > >
> > > --
> > Water can evaporate at room temperature if energy is consumed to generate vaccum.
> >
> > What is depicted in the image
> > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
> >
> > is the working standard in refrigerators
> >
> > But water is no low temperature evaporation fluid at ambient pressure.
> >
> > So this is not water acting as a working fluid.
> I stand by my statement that you need to learn more about what is going on. You can't understand this process, until you understand that the vapor pressure from the evaporator is higher than the vapor pressure at condenser. Once you understand that, you will grasp that there is energy available to drive the turbine. There's no need to create a vacuum of any sort.
>
> If you can't get your head around this, then picture the condenser forming a partial vacuum. Whatever. There's no magic. The system works as shown. Learn about it.

"Warm water is drawn from the surface layer into a heat exchanger to vaporize a working fluid with a boiling point of about -30°C.
https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/floating-ocean-thermal-energy-conversion-device-concept-revealed

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
https://twitter.com/EIAgov

Since ater or water vapor is not the working fluid, I have asked EIA to remove fake image

Go to school to get your tuition fee back.

Your statements make no sense since water is not the working fluid, see above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_point

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<KbiMM.105716$98Pa.86295@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128643&group=sci.electronics.design#128643

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:47:38 GMT
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:47 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step

<4991533e-7e73-4db8-b73b-8f299e46c535n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128649&group=sci.electronics.design#128649

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 07:02:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 14:02 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:35:23 PM UTC+10, a a wrote:
> China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> CGTN
>
> China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable energy sources.
>
> Ocean thermal energy conversion is a process that can generate electricity by making use of the temperature differences between the sea surface and deep ocean. China is endowed with plentiful of ocean thermal energy conversion resources.
>
> The floating ocean thermoelectric power generator, developed by domestic researchers led by the Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey, was aboard the marine research vessel Haiyang Dizhi-2, or literally Ocean Geology No. 2, to carry out its first sea test in the South China Sea at a depth of 1,900 meters.
>
> The trial power generation process lasted over four hours, with a maximum power output of 16.4 kilowatts.
>
> The test has proved the feasibility of the country's independently developed ocean thermoelectric power generation system both theoretically and practically.
>
> "We have mastered the core and key technologies including turbine power generation featuring small temperature differences and wide load range, heat preservation of water collected from deep sea, and cold-water pipeline installation," said Ning Bo, a senior engineer with Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey under China Geological Survey.
>
> "We have fully leveraged the high-quality industrial cluster in Guangzhou's Nansha District and systematically integrated the resources of multiple competitive enterprises. The device is completely homegrown, with low cost and impressive adaptability," Ning said.

As breakthroughs go, it's hard to get excited about a scheme that was described in detail in Willy Ley's "Engineers Dreams" published in 1954.

https://archive.org/details/engineersdreams0000will/page/n3/mode/2up

There's not a lot of temperature difference to play with, so you don't get a lot of kilowatts out of your capital investment, and the equipment has to be robust enough to survive a hurricane. Not an attractive proposition, if undeniably cute.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<PfkMM.19218$i1yc.18685@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128654&group=sci.electronics.design#128654

From: dtgame...@gmail.com (Edward Hernandez)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:08:31 GMT
 by: Edward Hernandez - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:08 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:
> I stand by my statement that you need to learn more about what is
> going on. You can't understand this process

You are conversing with Darius the Dumb. I've clipped your statement
above at the most accurate point where it relates to Darius the Dumb.

Darius the Dumb simply cannot "understand the process". With an IQ of
about 25, Darius the Dumb is incapable of understanding anything much
more complicated than: "fire hot".

You may as well quit while you are ahead, as trying to educate Darius
the Dumb will only result in much frustration for you, and no increase
in IQ for Darius the Dumb.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<66cce0fa-2e5e-408a-96e2-2ae1f92c5168n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128655&group=sci.electronics.design#128655

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 08:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:20 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 17:08:39 UTC+2, Edward Hernandez wrote:

Idiot,
go with your shit to your mummy

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<9ZkMM.20365$eyS6.324@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128661&group=sci.electronics.design#128661

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:56:53 GMT
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:56 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<b902a3f7-1690-45cb-bfc9-c4436fd2f40dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128664&group=sci.electronics.design#128664

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:13 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:30:01 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 14:17:38 UTC+2, Ricky wrote:

> > > Water can evaporate at room temperature if energy is consumed to generate vaccum.
> > >
> > > What is depicted in the image
> > > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
> > >
> > > is the working standard in refrigerators
> > >
> > > But water is no low temperature evaporation fluid at ambient pressure..
> > >
> > > So this is not water acting as a working fluid.
> > I stand by my statement that you need to learn more about what is going on. You can't understand this process, until you understand that the vapor pressure from the evaporator is higher than the vapor pressure at condenser. Once you understand that, you will grasp that there is energy available to drive the turbine. There's no need to create a vacuum of any sort.
> >
> > If you can't get your head around this, then picture the condenser forming a partial vacuum. Whatever. There's no magic. The system works as shown.. Learn about it.
> >
> "Warm water is drawn from the surface layer into a heat exchanger to vaporize a working fluid with a boiling point of about -30°C.
>
> https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/floating-ocean-thermal-energy-conversion-device-concept-revealed
>

> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php
>
> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
>
> https://twitter.com/EIAgov
>
> Since ater or water vapor is not the working fluid, I have asked EIA to remove fake image
>
> Go to school to get your tuition fee back.
>
> Your statements make no sense since water is not the working fluid, see above.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_point

I'm sorry that you get so emotionally involved with these simple discussions. Let's just try to discuss this and figure out what you've done wrong.

I can't explain the discrepancies that you are pointing out, other than to say they probably relate to different systems. The block diagram clearly shows a system using water vapor as the working fluid. That is why it produces fresh water from the condenser. If any other working fluid were being used, there would be no fresh water involved at any step and the working fluid would be returned to the evaporator.

Exactly which system are you quoting text about? The text you quoted is from the page about the Global OTEC Resources facility. The image is from the web page about an experimental OTEC plant on the Kona Coast in Hawaii

So, you posted an image regarding a different system and now are blaming everyone else in the world for it.

Do I have this correct?

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step for

<rsn3githa0507mq720mhgdn54gfm6ckphl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128665&group=sci.electronics.design#128665

From: jjlar...@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step for
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:20:54 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:20 UTC

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023 03:35:18 -0700 (PDT), a a <manta103g@gmail.com>
wrote:

>China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
>CGTN
>
>China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable energy sources.
>
>Ocean thermal energy conversion is a process that can generate electricity by making use of the temperature differences between the sea surface and deep ocean. China is endowed with plentiful of ocean thermal energy conversion resources.
>
>The floating ocean thermoelectric power generator, developed by domestic researchers led by the Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey, was aboard the marine research vessel Haiyang Dizhi-2, or literally Ocean Geology No. 2, to carry out its first sea test in the South China Sea at a depth of 1,900 meters.
>
>The trial power generation process lasted over four hours, with a maximum power output of 16.4 kilowatts.

Kinda pituful, four hours of 16KW on a ship. Net power gen effiency
probably rounds to 0%.

>The test has proved the feasibility of the country's independently developed ocean thermoelectric power generation system both theoretically and practically.
>
>"We have mastered the core and key technologies including turbine power generation featuring small temperature differences and wide load range, heat preservation of water collected from deep sea, and cold-water pipeline installation," said Ning Bo, a senior engineer with Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey under China Geological Survey.
>
>"We have fully leveraged the high-quality industrial cluster in Guangzhou's Nansha District and systematically integrated the resources of multiple competitive enterprises. The device is completely homegrown, with low cost and impressive adaptability," Ning said.

This sounds like a century or so of failure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_thermal_energy_conversion

You seem to be a real fan of China. Are you Chinese?

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<020cebaa-18b8-4558-a7b2-bafa2e2248afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128667&group=sci.electronics.design#128667

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:27:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:27 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 18:13:08 UTC+2, Ricky wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:30:01 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:

> > > I stand by my statement that you need to learn more about what is going on. You can't understand this process, until you understand that the vapor pressure from the evaporator is higher than the vapor pressure at condenser. Once you understand that, you will grasp that there is energy available to drive the turbine. There's no need to create a vacuum of any sort.
> > >
> > > If you can't get your head around this, then picture the condenser forming a partial vacuum. Whatever. There's no magic. The system works as shown. Learn about it.
> > >
> > "Warm water is drawn from the surface layer into a heat exchanger to vaporize a working fluid with a boiling point of about -30°C.
> >
> > https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/floating-ocean-thermal-energy-conversion-device-concept-revealed
> >

> > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php
> >
> > https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png
> >
> > https://twitter.com/EIAgov
> >
> > Since ater or water vapor is not the working fluid, I have asked EIA to remove fake image
> >
> > Go to school to get your tuition fee back.
> >
> > Your statements make no sense since water is not the working fluid, see above.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_point
> I'm sorry that you get so emotionally involved with these simple discussions. Let's just try to discuss this and figure out what you've done wrong.
>
> I can't explain the discrepancies that you are pointing out, other than to say they probably relate to different systems. The block diagram clearly shows a system using water vapor as the working fluid. That is why it produces fresh water from the condenser. If any other working fluid were being used, there would be no fresh water involved at any step and the working fluid would be returned to the evaporator.
>
> Exactly which system are you quoting text about? The text you quoted is from the page about the Global OTEC Resources facility. The image is from the web page about an experimental OTEC plant on the Kona Coast in Hawaii
>
> So, you posted an image regarding a different system and now are blaming everyone else in the world for it.
>
> Do I have this correct?

You must be mind-sick since you don't control you delusional ideas and claims

you said:

" Even at room temperature water vapor evaporates from liquid water. What is important is that this vapor has a pressure. The condenser has a lower vapor pressure.

The difference in temperature is what drives the difference in vapor pressure. The pressure difference provides the energy to drive the turbine.

We are used to high temperatures and pressures being used for power generation. That is not required. It does make the energy transfers more efficient..

Water vapor at +20 degree C (room temperature) has no pressure

to drive any turbine at all

.././.././
">>Warm water is drawn from the surface layer into a heat exchanger to vaporize a working fluid with a boiling point of about -30°C.

>>>https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/floating-ocean-thermal-energy-conversion-device-concept-revealed

>>>https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion.php

>>>https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/hydropower/images/oceanthermal.png

>>> https://twitter.com/EIAgov

Since water or water vapor is not the working fluid, I have asked EIA to remove fake image

Go to school to get your tuition fee back.

Your statements make no sense since water is not the working fluid, see above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_point

Water is not a working fluid in either case !!!!

If you are mind sick, get a medicine

and start to study the physics of evaporation.

>> ??> >>> >>Warm water is drawn from the surface layer into a heat exchanger to vaporize a working fluid with a boiling point of about -30°C.
:"""::":"":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":"

Water has no -30°C boiling point at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<RxlMM.100113$4l28.62178@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128668&group=sci.electronics.design#128668

From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:36:01 GMT
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 16:36 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<NhnMM.19228$i1yc.17138@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128675&group=sci.electronics.design#128675

From: BrVitali...@hotmail.com (Brook Vitaliy)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
References: <0f9d5a87-c935-443c-aecd-ff9f33249e22n@googlegroups.com> <uds4nf$3ou7$1@solani.org> <8b46eba8-96d3-4759-b3ca-2b92bc5e7d93n@googlegroups.com> <e5652248-3617-47ba-9946-d243cc6ee4fan@googlegroups.com> <ff32b6f5-d9ee-4dbf-ace2-52d230453cc2n@googlegroups.com> <122c4477-fd17-4739-84ba-6a7e1f962d75n@googlegroups.com> <PfkMM.19218$i1yc.18685@fx15.iad> <66cce0fa-2e5e-408a-96e2-2ae1f92c5168n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 18:35:25 GMT
 by: Brook Vitaliy - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 18:35 UTC

a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 17:08:39 UTC+2, Edward Hernandez wrote:
>
> Idiot,
> go with your shit to your mummy

Stop posting as such an abject idiot and no one will have any reason to
nickname you "Darious the Dumb".

But, given your post history here where you have authored the content,
your IQ level is realy hovering around 25 and you are simply not
intelligent enough to post anything coherent.

Therefore you will be incapable of posting intelligent statements, and
will continue to be named "Darious the Dumb".

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation

<0a1214c9-16c0-4687-b04c-bee4db99f5c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128677&group=sci.electronics.design#128677

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:17:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:17 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 20:35:33 UTC+2, Brook Vitaliy wrote:

shut up idiot

Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) is all about electronics and physics.

Who cares lazy guys generating spam traffic

This group is not made of R&D, scientists
so what I publish represents state-of-the-art in technologies for the record
and I don't care comments by low-minds

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step

<d3d81cc6-0381-4a99-87e7-8be5fa96837cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128679&group=sci.electronics.design#128679

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:19 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 6:35:23 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> CGTN
>
> China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable energy sources.
>
> Ocean thermal energy conversion is a process that can generate electricity by making use of the temperature differences between the sea surface and deep ocean. China is endowed with plentiful of ocean thermal energy conversion resources.
>
> The floating ocean thermoelectric power generator, developed by domestic researchers led by the Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey, was aboard the marine research vessel Haiyang Dizhi-2, or literally Ocean Geology No. 2, to carry out its first sea test in the South China Sea at a depth of 1,900 meters.
>
> The trial power generation process lasted over four hours, with a maximum power output of 16.4 kilowatts.
>
> The test has proved the feasibility of the country's independently developed ocean thermoelectric power generation system both theoretically and practically.
>
> "We have mastered the core and key technologies including turbine power generation featuring small temperature differences and wide load range, heat preservation of water collected from deep sea, and cold-water pipeline installation," said Ning Bo, a senior engineer with Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey under China Geological Survey.
>
> "We have fully leveraged the high-quality industrial cluster in Guangzhou's Nansha District and systematically integrated the resources of multiple competitive enterprises. The device is completely homegrown, with low cost and impressive adaptability," Ning said.

"Although viable OTEC systems are characterized by Carnot efficiencies in the range of 6%–8%, state-of-the-art combustion steam power cycles, which tap much higher temperature energy sources, are theoretically capable of converting more than 60% of the extracted thermal energy into electricity."

Horrendously wasteful and inefficient method of energy generation. They could do better with large arrays of potato batteries.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/ocean-thermal-energy-conversion

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step

<56eedcca-6517-4a1c-a36e-3f595f323262n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128681&group=sci.electronics.design#128681

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:27:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:27 UTC

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 6:35:23 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> CGTN
>
> China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable energy sources.
>
> Ocean thermal energy conversion is a process that can generate electricity by making use of the temperature differences between the sea surface and deep ocean. China is endowed with plentiful of ocean thermal energy conversion resources.
>
> The floating ocean thermoelectric power generator, developed by domestic researchers led by the Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey, was aboard the marine research vessel Haiyang Dizhi-2, or literally Ocean Geology No. 2, to carry out its first sea test in the South China Sea at a depth of 1,900 meters.
>
> The trial power generation process lasted over four hours, with a maximum power output of 16.4 kilowatts.
>
> The test has proved the feasibility of the country's independently developed ocean thermoelectric power generation system both theoretically and practically.
>
> "We have mastered the core and key technologies including turbine power generation featuring small temperature differences and wide load range, heat preservation of water collected from deep sea, and cold-water pipeline installation," said Ning Bo, a senior engineer with Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey under China Geological Survey.
>
> "We have fully leveraged the high-quality industrial cluster in Guangzhou's Nansha District and systematically integrated the resources of multiple competitive enterprises. The device is completely homegrown, with low cost and impressive adaptability," Ning said.

Geothermal is tough enough to implement without bringing that corrosive wind-swept ocean into it:

https://www.energy.gov/articles/biden-harris-administration-announces-74-million-advance-enhanced-geothermal-systems

China is doing it too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_power_in_China

The OTEC thing must be a job-fare program.

Re: China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation CGTN China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step

<acf6d3e5-a722-4b97-b470-411df7a818aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128683&group=sci.electronics.design#128683

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:37:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 19:37 UTC

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 21:27:17 UTC+2, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 6:35:23 AM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> > China achieves breakthrough in ocean thermal energy power generation
> > CGTN
> >
> > China's first set of floating devices that can turn ocean thermal energy into electricity has successfully completed sea trials in recent weeks, marking a significant step forward in the country's utilization of renewable energy sources.
> >
> > Ocean thermal energy conversion is a process that can generate electricity by making use of the temperature differences between the sea surface and deep ocean. China is endowed with plentiful of ocean thermal energy conversion resources.
> >
> > The floating ocean thermoelectric power generator, developed by domestic researchers led by the Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey, was aboard the marine research vessel Haiyang Dizhi-2, or literally Ocean Geology No. 2, to carry out its first sea test in the South China Sea at a depth of 1,900 meters.
> >
> > The trial power generation process lasted over four hours, with a maximum power output of 16.4 kilowatts.
> >
> > The test has proved the feasibility of the country's independently developed ocean thermoelectric power generation system both theoretically and practically.
> >
> > "We have mastered the core and key technologies including turbine power generation featuring small temperature differences and wide load range, heat preservation of water collected from deep sea, and cold-water pipeline installation," said Ning Bo, a senior engineer with Guangzhou Marine Geological Survey under China Geological Survey.
> >
> > "We have fully leveraged the high-quality industrial cluster in Guangzhou's Nansha District and systematically integrated the resources of multiple competitive enterprises. The device is completely homegrown, with low cost and impressive adaptability," Ning said.
> Geothermal is tough enough to implement without bringing that corrosive wind-swept ocean into it:
>
> https://www.energy.gov/articles/biden-harris-administration-announces-74-million-advance-enhanced-geothermal-systems
>
> China is doing it too:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_power_in_China
>
> The OTEC thing must be a job-fare program.

Iceland is a home for Geothermal power and has potential to generate as much energy to power the whole world

My friend lives on the Iceland and he gets warm water for free

What matters in case of mobile, ocean bound OTEC is an ability to move such facility off-shore and there is no limit on thermal energy volume offered..

I build Peltier heat pumps and magneto-inductive flow meters as energy generators.