"Nuclear war would really set back cable." -- Ted Turner

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: The use of words in special relativity

SubjectAuthor
* The use of words in special relativityRichard Hachel
`- Re: The use of words in special relativityJohandy Valberh

1
The use of words in special relativity

<zoEoCc3v0UzeBpiwZ1oLAGDHf2A@jntp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128609&group=sci.physics.relativity#128609

Subject: The use of words in special relativity
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: cbslLhcE6210dART7LsLniEnpnU
JNTP-ThreadID: bV4kVZrcCihjCSx6oRdZBcOsRH8
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=zoEoCc3v0UzeBpiwZ1oLAGDHf2A@jntp
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 23 18:13:12 +0000
From: r.hac...@frite.fr (Richard Hachel)
 by: Richard Hachel - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 18:13 UTC

It is not superfluous that the use of words reserved for science be as
beautiful and precise as possible.
“Writing well has never been synonymous with writing badly”
Doctor Richard Hachel. Kyoto speech
November 2023
In common use, physicists speak of the relativistic transverse Doppler
effect.
The term is not very pretty, and above all it is very semantically false
and physically imprecise.
This effect is not "transversal", it is pangeometric, that is to say that
it exists and diffuses whatever the direction of the mobile, and only
depends on its speed and not at all on its direction or its sense.
Conversely, the classic longitudinal effect depends on the direction of
movement, in addition to the speed.
So why talk about a “transverse” Doppler effect?
While the term is improper (there is no transverse Doppler effect in
nature: it is an antinomy).
Answer: because this effect is as pure as possible when we observe a
body moving transversely, since there no longer exists any superimposed
longitudinal Doppler effect.
It's true ; nonetheless it is improper.
The most correct term, I think (after forty years of reflection on the
theory of special relativity), is that of the internal Doppler effect.
It's more beautiful, more precise, more intuitive.
There are therefore, in special relativity, two physical effects to take
into account:
- the longitudinal, classic, external Doppler effect, resulting from the
science of Nexton and Galileo, due to the speed and direction of movement.
- the internal, relativistic, second-degree Doppler effect, coming from
Poincaré physics, and due to the speed whatever the direction of
movement.
Thank you for your attention.
R.H.

Re: The use of words in special relativity

<uld3nh$3enh7$3@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=128643&group=sci.physics.relativity#128643

Followup: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
From: bya...@hvraelhd.bl (Johandy Valberh)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Subject: Re: The use of words in special relativity
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 20:21:05 -0000 (UTC)
NSl1IcthL/ZOJP4y1ZwyBx79QWT8db+VVMFHirtxghbb0LoCWt3vDTIljvGLSqJ
GOnGhIRgDzRF4LvFCID04r6DEoZyuoBnLKAbggYKodu1rqiKf6MAdsYwLAJdyi8
T0Nrp/pEm6C4oFZ3S7hECFQ4XbyL2b6A24zX6hZOCSlsjizrH+GDwwunNz8BrWO
UodBwwaYtRXE95lcaDV5AukKnoNNAOwD/LKrRP0D3Af4C/MS9qr7CB5qAAAAAEl FTkSuQmCC
 by: Johandy Valberh - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 20:21 UTC

Richard Hachel wrote:

> It is not superfluous that the use of words reserved for science be as
> beautiful and precise as possible.
>
> “𝗪𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗻𝘆𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆”
> Doctor Richard Hachel. Kyoto speech November 2023

so true indeed. They are calling Einstine "𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀"??

They mean, that all the 𝗸𝗵𝗮𝘇𝗮𝗿_𝗴𝗼𝘆𝘀 of america, and Palestine, are NOT
"𝘀𝘂𝗿𝘃𝗶𝘃𝗼𝗿𝘀"!! Above those 6_𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, or below those millions, which confuses
people. If 𝘆𝗼𝘂_𝗮𝗿𝗲 a survivor, how can it be you are dead 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲_𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲??

𝗣𝗼𝗼𝗿_𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗹𝘆𝘄𝗲𝗶𝗿𝗱𝗼_𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗴_𝗜𝘀_𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱_𝗮𝘁_𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁_𝗛𝗲'𝘀_𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴
https://bi%74%63hute.com/video/6MmKJyb2UbAa

reminds me about that fake manned moon landing 1969, where they forgot
they have an Earth, fixed, 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 66⁰ above the horizon, 4 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿
than the moon seen from Earth!! They just forgot, and never filmed.