Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sound on my new radio is muffled.
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 05:44 UTC

On Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 11:43:14 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
> In sci.electronics.repair, on Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:42:01 -0400, micky
> <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
> >I bought a $230 wifi radio that is impressive in many ways, but the
> >problem I have is that the sound sounds muffled
> >
> >Maybe it's okay for music. I haven't listened to much music, but for
> >talk it sounds muffled. Like literally they are talking through some
> >sort of muffle. I don't have this problem with 5 other table radios.
> >
> >Is the problem that there is too much bass? If not that, what?
> >
> >It has equalizer settings so I changed from default and various kinds of
> >music to "talk". I didnt' hear any change.
> >
> >So I went to custom, which has 6 frequency ranges, and over time, I've
> >lowered the lowest 4 ranges to the minimum and raised the top one to the
> >max, and the one in between almost to the max. This helped at first,
> >but future changes were smaller and I didn't see addtional help.
> >
> >I can still understand if I make the sound one or two steps louder, but
> >then it's louder than I want.
> >
> Is there an audio ng that's not dormant that I can post too. alt.audio
> and alt.audio.pro had gone 3 years without posts.
> I'm trying to connect my wifi radio to a regular radio with bluetooth.
> The Grace wifi radio doesn't find the Sangrean wr-22, even though it has
> found my laptop, even though the laptop has never been on and closer
> than 40+ feet from the Wifi radio. And it later found something called
> [LG]webOSnnnnnnn which must be in my neighbor's house.
>
> But not the Sangrean which only 12 inches above the Wifi.
>
> Is there any chance Grace wifi radio knows how to find headphones, but
> not another wifi radio????
>
> The owners manual only mentions headphones but I took that to be becuase
> that's the standard device and my problem was not foreseen. The
> Sangrean works fine when receiving audio from Alexa. Connects very
> easily and quickly.

Wifi has a master and a slave. Most devices are only designed to be one or the other. Laptops are an exception, where they can be either. So both of your radios are probably designed to be masters, talking to slaves like remote speakers and headphones. I would not expect them to talk to each other.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging