Dennis Ritchie is twice as bright as Steve Jobs, and only half wrong. -- Jim Gettys

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Where the madness ends

SubjectAuthor
* Where the madness endsMaciej Wozniak
`- Re: Where the madness endsThe Starmaker

1
Where the madness ends

<e530aee9-3438-4b82-a76b-6d15aceecbdfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129790&group=sci.physics.relativity#129790

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 01:05:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Where the madness ends
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 09:05 UTC

While the concept "as my ingenious and obviously
correct clock synchronization procedure can't synchronize
clocks - we have to abandon trying to synchronize
clocks and announce the relativity of time" is, hmmm...
strange - the definition of second as it was in 1905 is
also making it self-denying.

To make your beloved religion less inconsistent,
you've created another, better differently concept
of second (Cs 9 192 631 770) and are trying to
enforce it with some administrative rules (SI
standard).

Now, of course, your mad efforts are ignored by every
real timekeeping system. Desynchronized clocks
may have some magnificient symetry, but we
need something else than having some symmetry
from clocks and time.
Practice - that's where any ideological madness
ends. Like yours.

Re: Where the madness ends

<65A6D976.7346@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129805&group=sci.physics.relativity#129805

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Where the madness ends
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 11:31:02 -0800
 by: The Starmaker - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 19:31 UTC

Maciej Wozniak wrote:

> While the concept "as my ingenious and obviously
> correct clock synchronization procedure can't synchronize
> clocks - we have to abandon trying to synchronize
> clocks and announce the relativity of time" is, hmmm...
> strange - the definition of second as it was in 1905 is
> also making it self-denying.
>
> To make your beloved religion less inconsistent,
> you've created another, better differently concept
> of second (Cs 9 192 631 770) and are trying to
> enforce it with some administrative rules (SI
> standard).
>
> Now, of course, your mad efforts are ignored by every
> real timekeeping system. Desynchronized clocks
> may have some magnificient symetry, but we
> need something else than having some symmetry
> from clocks and time.
> Practice - that's where any ideological madness
> ends. Like yours.

clock synchronization is not possible.

can you synchronize two sundials? 2 hour glass, salt clocks??

Einstein had a differcult time synchronizing railroad clocks...

what if he was born before mechanical clocks?? cuccoo clocks.

he went cuccoo.

When they asked him to build a bomb that
would explode a ship...he went cuccoo trying to
figure it out...it didn't work.

He finally figure out how to make it work using... one clock.

you don't put two fuses in a firecracker.

one fuse
one clock

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge the unchallengeable.