MAC user's dynamic debugging list evaluator? Never heard of that.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
`* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cJohn Larkin
 +* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
 |`* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cJohn Larkin
 | `- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
 +- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouRicky
 +* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cboB
 |`* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cJohn Larkin
 | `* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouRicky
 |  `* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cJohn Larkin
 |   `* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouRicky
 |    `* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cJohn Larkin
 |     `- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouRicky
 +* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouAnthony William Sloman
 |+- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
 |+- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
 |+- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
 |`* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable forJasen Betts
 | `- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were fouFred Bloggs
 +- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable forJasen Betts
 `* Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cnone
  `- Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently cnone

1
Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<33dc16e4-4a15-4d02-a703-5566b992500an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129739&group=sci.electronics.design#129739

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 16:17 UTC

On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
>
> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
>
> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
>
> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.

The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.

> #CGTNAmerica

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<suhbhi5jtn0qhr1ka5t2eu5a503upt7u5o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129747&group=sci.electronics.design#129747

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James??? civil lawsuit of
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:43:15 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 18:43 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
>> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
>>
>> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
>>
>> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
>>
>> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
>
>The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
>

>> #CGTNAmerica

Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
peers?

The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<ca8f7d12-cfc0-4f1f-a49d-6f834aabca58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129753&group=sci.electronics.design#129753

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:16 UTC

On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 2:43:33 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> >> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
> >>
> >> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
> >>
> >> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
> >>
> >> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
> >
> >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
> >

> >> #CGTNAmerica
> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
> peers?
>
> The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
> launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
> national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

He did have the option of a judge trial versus a jury trial and chose the trial by judge, it was up to him. This is a civil law case, not a criminal case, which is a different set of standards. For example where criminal law requires beyond reasonable doubt for the conviction, civil law requires only a preponderance of evidence for a finding of liability. The verdict is liable/ not liable versus guilty/ not guilty. He wasn't convicted of anything, he was found liable for deceptive business practices. Trials occur only when facts are in dispute. Apparently the gravity of Trump's practices is in dispute and that will be argued next week, from which the judge will decide the penalties.

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<3547a3cf-d4c0-4748-9f95-4ab5414164b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129756&group=sci.electronics.design#129756

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:01 UTC

On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 2:43:33 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> >> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
> >>
> >> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
> >>
> >> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
> >>
> >> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
> >
> >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
> >

> >> #CGTNAmerica
> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
> peers?
>
> The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
> launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
> national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

It is hard to reason with someone who literally has no understanding of the justice system.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<elnbhitqua2a9egk3p2pnq0rdha6f29hl1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129758&group=sci.electronics.design#129758

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:15:45 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:15 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:16:39 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 2:43:33?PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.

>> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
>> peers?
>>
>> The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
>> launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
>> national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.
>
>He did have the option of a judge trial versus a jury trial and chose the trial by judge, it was up to him. This is a civil law case, not a criminal case, which is a different set of standards. For example where criminal law requires beyond reasonable doubt for the conviction, civil law requires only a preponderance of evidence for a finding of liability. The verdict is liable/ not liable versus guilty/ not guilty. He wasn't convicted of anything, he was found liable for deceptive business practices. Trials occur only when facts are in dispute. Apparently the gravity of Trump's practices is in dispute and that will be argued next week, from which the judge will decide the penalties.

Sounds like whoever he defrauded would be the ones due compensation.

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<n7obhidd5qbi50pnrqtq6vt56k2731797c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129759&group=sci.electronics.design#129759

From: boB...@K7IQ.com (boB)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:25:04 -0700
 by: boB - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:25 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:43:15 -0700, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
>>> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
>>>
>>> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
>>>
>>> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
>>>
>>> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
>>
>>The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
>>

>>> #CGTNAmerica
>
>Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
>peers?

Trump would rather be tried by court of public opinion which he is
working on all the time.

>The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
>launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
>national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<kaobhih98p303m3bqrc0098ut6ru1snrre@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129760&group=sci.electronics.design#129760

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:29:50 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:29 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:25:04 -0700, boB <boB@K7IQ.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:43:15 -0700, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.

>>Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
>>peers?
>
>Trump would rather be tried by court of public opinion which he is
>working on all the time.

Running for President, people do that.

Our beloved airhead governor Gavin is (erratically) swinging right,
for the same reasons.

Why do so many people lust to be President? It sounds like a dreadful
job. I think that anybody who wants to be president should be
disqualified. There should be a draft.

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<a1552090-8c94-43dc-b03d-44c820fc2d38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129774&group=sci.electronics.design#129774

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 03:17 UTC

On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 4:30:03 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:25:04 -0700, boB <b...@K7IQ.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:43:15 -0700, John Larkin <j...@997PotHill.com>
> >wrote:

> >>Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
> >>peers?
> >
> >Trump would rather be tried by court of public opinion which he is
> >working on all the time.
> >

> Running for President, people do that.
>
> Our beloved airhead governor Gavin is (erratically) swinging right,
> for the same reasons.
>
> Why do so many people lust to be President? It sounds like a dreadful
> job.

But you know nothing of what the job is. You only see a very limited view from the outside, and a very biased view at that.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<r1lchil0ij8m9q3orb5gdm8rr7shbinhhc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129778&group=sci.electronics.design#129778

From: jl...@997arbor.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 21:37:20 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 04:37 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:17:36 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 4:30:03?PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:25:04 -0700, boB <b...@K7IQ.com> wrote:

>> >Trump would rather be tried by court of public opinion which he is
>> >working on all the time.
>> >

>> Running for President, people do that.
>>
>> Our beloved airhead governor Gavin is (erratically) swinging right,
>> for the same reasons.
>>
>> Why do so many people lust to be President? It sounds like a dreadful
>> job.
>
>But you know nothing of what the job is. You only see a very limited view from the outside, and a very biased view at that.

I have been in the Oval Office. How about you?

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<1d7cdafd-c259-479b-9c20-68209182ee1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129787&group=sci.electronics.design#129787

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 05:59 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 12:37:45 AM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:17:36 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
> <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Running for President, people do that.
> >>
> >> Our beloved airhead governor Gavin is (erratically) swinging right,
> >> for the same reasons.
> >>
> >> Why do so many people lust to be President? It sounds like a dreadful
> >> job.
> >
> >But you know nothing of what the job is. You only see a very limited view from the outside, and a very biased view at that.
> I have been in the Oval Office. How about you?

I have to say, you do have the best sense of humor sometimes. LOL

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<59664d82-7b64-41b8-8425-d25c1f106a8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129795&group=sci.electronics.design#129795

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:26 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:43:33 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> >> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
> >>
> >> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
> >>
> >> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
> >>
> >> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
> >
> >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
>
> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our peers?

Trump did, and waived it.
> The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

What's new is that Trump is a brazen crook, and lots of people are going after him. It's not a change in policy but a broad-based reaction to a particularly unsavoury individual. I'd be a lot more worried if it wasn't happening.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<d59f5a26-12f4-43a9-8e5d-09a397a5e510n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129798&group=sci.electronics.design#129798

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:27 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 3:26:35 AM UTC-4, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:43:33 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
> >
> > Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our peers?
> Trump did, and waived it.

He didn't waive anything, he selected trial by judge. It was his lawyers' call, and was probably based on their estimation of how Trump would be treated by a jury in New York. The trial by judge would at least give them a chance at an objective evaluation of the facts in the context of the applicable laws involved and the defense arguments, something not even close to what a jury could do.

> > The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.
> What's new is that Trump is a brazen crook, and lots of people are going after him. It's not a change in policy but a broad-based reaction to a particularly unsavoury individual. I'd be a lot more worried if it wasn't happening.

Right, hence trial by judge.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<dp9dhi1ptjridupsgjgossnisapeus18le@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129799&group=sci.electronics.design#129799

From: jl...@997arbor.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 03:32:04 -0700
References: <4822916c-b702-4cc5-9449-681b854c9507n@googlegroups.com> <33dc16e4-4a15-4d02-a703-5566b992500an@googlegroups.com> <suhbhi5jtn0qhr1ka5t2eu5a503upt7u5o@4ax.com> <n7obhidd5qbi50pnrqtq6vt56k2731797c@4ax.com> <kaobhih98p303m3bqrc0098ut6ru1snrre@4ax.com> <a1552090-8c94-43dc-b03d-44c820fc2d38n@googlegroups.com> <r1lchil0ij8m9q3orb5gdm8rr7shbinhhc@4ax.com> <1d7cdafd-c259-479b-9c20-68209182ee1fn@googlegroups.com>
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:32 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:59:12 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 12:37:45?AM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 20:17:36 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
>> <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >But you know nothing of what the job is. You only see a very limited view from the outside, and a very biased view at that.
>> I have been in the Oval Office. How about you?
>
>I have to say, you do have the best sense of humor sometimes. LOL

I have been in the Oval Office in the White House.

I'm a President too. Are you a President?

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<684e3798-925a-428b-95e7-a5aa3756946en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129800&group=sci.electronics.design#129800

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:33 UTC

On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 4:16:01 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:16:39 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 2:43:33?PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:

> >> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
> >> peers?
> >>
> >> The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
> >> launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
> >> national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.
> >
> >He did have the option of a judge trial versus a jury trial and chose the trial by judge, it was up to him. This is a civil law case, not a criminal case, which is a different set of standards. For example where criminal law requires beyond reasonable doubt for the conviction, civil law requires only a preponderance of evidence for a finding of liability. The verdict is liable/ not liable versus guilty/ not guilty. He wasn't convicted of anything, he was found liable for deceptive business practices. Trials occur only when facts are in dispute. Apparently the gravity of Trump's practices is in dispute and that will be argued next week, from which the judge will decide the penalties.
> Sounds like whoever he defrauded would be the ones due compensation.

You would think so. The state must be invoking some other authority to prosecute the case. Sounds like the defense is invoking the age old 'no harm, no foul' doctrine which means a wrong was not committed if no harm was done, or it takes a harm to make a wrong, etc... That's about all they have, but it may be enough. Judge could order Trump to pay as little as a dollar. Who knows.

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<f2413492-b5fe-4adb-9c78-ce22d824d365n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129801&group=sci.electronics.design#129801

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:36 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 3:26:35 AM UTC-4, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:43:33 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
> >
> > Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our peers?
> Trump did, and waived it.
> > The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.
> What's new is that Trump is a brazen crook, and lots of people are going after him. It's not a change in policy but a broad-based reaction to a particularly unsavoury individual. I'd be a lot more worried if it wasn't happening.

It may be easier to find basis for appeal in the trial by judge, too.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<b803cbc3-8e72-4c6c-9242-baf34b49e320n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129803&group=sci.electronics.design#129803

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:44 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 3:26:35 AM UTC-4, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:43:33 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
> >
> > Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our peers?
> Trump did, and waived it.
> > The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.
> What's new is that Trump is a brazen crook, and lots of people are going after him. It's not a change in policy but a broad-based reaction to a particularly unsavoury individual. I'd be a lot more worried if it wasn't happening.

It's all about procedural strategy. If the Trump defense finds a basis of appeal, the case goes to New York's highest court, the Court of Appeals. From there they can appeal the case into a federal court of appeals, which just may have a Trump appointee as judge, who will promptly overturn everything from the New York court system. The process will take years.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<uf6efi$11t$1@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129817&group=sci.electronics.design#129817

From: use...@revmaps.no-ip.org (Jasen Betts)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:04:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jasen Betts - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:04 UTC

On 2023-09-28, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
>>> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth.
>>>
>>> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better terms on bank loans and insurance.
>>>
>>> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250 million.
>>>
>>> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
>>
>>The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
>>

>>> #CGTNAmerica
>
> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
> peers?

Trumps most expert* legal counsel waived that, as did the D.A., and so
he got a bench trial instead. No doubt Trump is lying about that it's
a matter of public record and has been for weeks but that's not the
sort of detail that will silence him. It would be no surptise to me
if his dumber sycophants are singing the same tune, and here you are.

> The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
> launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
> national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

The alternative is that running for office gives immunity to
prosecution. I can see how wealthy criminals would favour that
alternative. A two tier justice system where all are not equal.
Is that what you want?

(*) sarcasm.

--
Jasen.
🇺🇦 Слава Україні

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<uf6f72$11t$2@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129818&group=sci.electronics.design#129818

From: use...@revmaps.no-ip.org (Jasen Betts)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:16:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jasen Betts - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:16 UTC

On 2023-09-29, Anthony William Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:
> On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:43:33 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again, and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes any difference to his followers.
>>
>> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our peers?
>
> Trump did, and waived it.

Rumor has it that his ex-lawyer forgot to tick the "jury trial" box.

20 minute podcast, some may find this extremely biased.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzfxmZELi3Y

--
Jasen.
🇺🇦 Слава Україні

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<3b7b6c24-5169-4d12-bc45-b8a2d2a8883fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129825&group=sci.electronics.design#129825

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:31 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 8:30:57 AM UTC-4, Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2023-09-29, Anthony William Sloman <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:
> > On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:43:33 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:

> >> Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our peers?
> >
> > Trump did, and waived it.
> Rumor has it that his ex-lawyer forgot to tick the "jury trial" box.
>
> 20 minute podcast, some may find this extremely biased.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzfxmZELi3Y

That idiot has no credibility.

The jury's job is to "...determine what the true facts are." That's it. The documentation/ evidence presented by the prosecution was not disputed by the defense, tacitly affirming its accuracy. Jury is not needed.

https://www.legaldive.com/news/Trump-Organization-fraud-judgment-Engoron-overvaluations/694970/

> --
> Jasen.
> 🇺🇦 Слава Україні

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil lawsuit of

<95d1d90e-3290-4b4a-8361-dff9df800c4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129837&group=sci.electronics.design#129837

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:12 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 6:32:29 AM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:59:12 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
> <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 12:37:45?AM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:

> >> I have been in the Oval Office. How about you?
> >
> >I have to say, you do have the best sense of humor sometimes. LOL
> I have been in the Oval Office in the White House.
>
> I'm a President too. Are you a President?

Chairman of the board as well. I bet one difference is I don't have a big red button for those difficult situations.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<nnd$5ca25f54$7c728a74@4b9db755ee60f8b1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129905&group=sci.electronics.design#129905

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: alb...@cherry (none)
Originator: albert@cherry.(none) (albert)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 13:58:58 +0200
 by: none - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 11:58 UTC

In article <suhbhi5jtn0qhr1ka5t2eu5a503upt7u5o@4ax.com>,
John Larkin <xx@yy.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 5:52:15?PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
>>> Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for
>persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his
>assets and net worth.
>>>
>>> A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia
>James� civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated
>the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better
>terms on bank loans and insurance.
>>>
>>> A trial is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, October 2, to decide
>the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250
>million.
>>>
>>> Trump has sued to delay the trial, alleging Engoron and James are
>ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
>>
>>The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud
>charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal
>appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider
>banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again,
>and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes
>any difference to his followers.
>>

>>> #CGTNAmerica
>
>Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
>peers?

Interestingly this right was waved by D.J.Trump. If you want a trial
you must request it. Allina Habba or some other of the third rate lawyers
have made this mistake.
In the end it makes not much of a difference, but Trump foregoes the
opportunity to order his cronies to make death threads at the jurors.
The death threads at functionaries of the judicial system go on as
usual.

>The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
>launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
>national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.

Phony charges were the rage under Trump.
Remember the two black poll workers whose life was ruined.
Giuliani has been convicted to pay these workers damages.

The judge in Georgia was a Republican appointee and is even a
member of the federalist society. That doesn't prevent him
from upholding the law. He will give in to phony charges,
be it from either side.

Trump should have been indicted for his business
dealings a long time ago. Remember "you can't indict a sitting
president" and the successful attempts to keep tax data
hidden from the problem through the Trump years?

The judicial system in the USA has held up remarkably well,
with the exception of the Supreme Court.

Groetjes Albert

--
Don't praise the day before the evening. One swallow doesn't make spring.
You must not say "hey" before you have crossed the bridge. Don't sell the

Re: Donald Trump and the Trump Organization were found liable for persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his assets and net worth. A New York judge ruled on Tuesday in state Attorney General Letitia James? civil lawsuit of

<nnd$799592f1$0f5abbb1@4b9db755ee60f8b1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=129906&group=sci.electronics.design#129906

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: alb...@cherry (none)
Originator: albert@cherry.(none) (albert)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 14:04:37 +0200
 by: none - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:04 UTC

In article <nnd$5ca25f54$7c728a74@4b9db755ee60f8b1>,
none) (albert <albert@cherry.> wrote:
>In article <suhbhi5jtn0qhr1ka5t2eu5a503upt7u5o@4ax.com>,
>John Larkin <xx@yy.com> wrote:
>>On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>>persistently committing fraud by illegally inflating the value of his
>>assets and net worth.

>>James� civil lawsuit of the former president that alleges Trump inflated
>>the value of his properties by as much as $2.2 billion to secure better
>>terms on bank loans and insurance.

>>the penalties Trump will pay. James is seeking damages of close to $250
>>million.

>>ignoring a previous appeals court order to narrow the case.
>>>
>>>The judge already made a summary judgement against Trump for the fraud
>>charge, so that's not subject to change by trial, it will take a formal
>>appeal, which are not trials. The remaining trial is gong to consider
>>banning Trump and his family from ever doing business in New York again,
>>and maybe some other things. Trump's been sunk already. None of this makes
>>any difference to his followers.

>>Don't we have the Constitutional right to trial by a jury of our
>>peers?
>
>Interestingly this right was waved by D.J.Trump. If you want a trial
>you must request it. Allina Habba or some other of the third rate lawyers
>have made this mistake.
>In the end it makes not much of a difference, but Trump foregoes the
>opportunity to order his cronies to make death threads at the jurors.
>The death threads at functionaries of the judicial system go on as
>usual.
>
>>The new politics is that judges and prosecutors, in many states, can
>>launch multiple prosecutions, hundreds of felony charges, against the
>>national candidates of other parties. That sounds bad to me.
>
>Phony charges were the rage under Trump.
>Remember the two black poll workers whose life was ruined.
>Giuliani has been convicted to pay these workers damages.
>
>The judge in Georgia was a Republican appointee and is even a
>member of the federalist society. That doesn't prevent him
>from upholding the law. He will give in to phony charges,
That must be , made an error by rephrasing it.