If it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox

SubjectAuthor
* Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradoxpatdolan
`* Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradoxpatdolan
 +* Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben ParadoxThe Starmaker
 |`- Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradoxpatdolan
 `- Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradoxpatdolan

1
Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox

<6723cca95e0c5a3484fd6634288a6121@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=130607&group=sci.physics.relativity#130607

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:43:34 +0000
Subject: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: patdolan - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:43 UTC

Only one chap has had the courage to try to refute BBP by means of an explicit mathematical treatment. It can be viewed at this link: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/what-about-the-big-ben-paradox.1057911/post-6989035

Indeed, he was so proud of his effort that he reposted it on physics.stackexchange here: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/768152/big-ben-paradox

I note that this fellow is a moderator in both forums and that both postings were made AFTER the BBP thread had been officially closed to all comment in each forum. So I was barred from making a counter argument. I also note that even though the poster is a PhD and a physics instructor, his case against the BBP is of the quality one might expect from Latitia James, Alvin Bragg or Fans Willis...in other words, ridiculously convoluted and baroque. Even so, it has at least one clearly visible and fatal error that proves MY case; namely, that the BBP is the death of relativity. Can anyone spot the error? It occurs in one of the short lines of the proof.

A final note: General Relativity was not used in his refutation. There is not a tensor to be found. Only algebraic approximations. I suppose he is to be forgiven for this, inasmuch as GR is an entirely unusable branch of mathematical physics. Even when the largest and fastest computers are used.

Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox

<312adee5b0df3efb0380a0df018061e6@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=130633&group=sci.physics.relativity#130633

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:05:55 +0000
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: patdolan - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:05 UTC

Who will rise in defense of this fine young polymath with a PhD in Bio-engineering (?) an MBA, an instructor of physics at all levels and a moderator on many premier online physics forums?

Roberts? Jan(s)? Paul B. Anderson? Pyth & Pro? Gird your loins and rise to the occasion. Study intrepid young Dale's mathematical counter argument and comment. Or assume your shameful place on the bench of Pat's poltroons.

Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox

<65D7E61F.3BE6@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=130635&group=sci.physics.relativity#130635

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:26:07 -0800
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:26 UTC

patdolan wrote:

> Who will rise in defense of this fine young polymath with a PhD in Bio-engineering (?) an MBA, an instructor of physics at all levels and a moderator on many premier online physics forums?
>
> Roberts? Jan(s)? Paul B. Anderson? Pyth & Pro? Gird your loins and rise to the occasion. Study intrepid young Dale's mathematical counter argument and comment. Or assume your shameful place on the bench of Pat's poltroons.

What you need is a ...BIG Ben, on a bench! i'm no poltroons...

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge the unchallengeable.

Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox

<91809d1d28d84b34993040ed64aabd26@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=130636&group=sci.physics.relativity#130636

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:34:36 +0000
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: patdolan - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:34 UTC

Starmaker, that reminds me of Oscar Wilde's quip upon encountering two movers carrying a grandfather clock up a staircase and blocking his way "Why don't you carry a pocket watch like everyone else?"

Re: Finally! A Mathematical Rebuttal to the Big Ben Paradox

<197b00e22524080fa603228d592a9028@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=130641&group=sci.physics.relativity#130641

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 05:50:38 +0000
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: patdolan - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 05:50 UTC

C'mon Roberts, you windy bird you. Please do young polymath Dale the curtesy of at least looking a what took him an entire weekend to cobble together....even though it completely confirms the essentially lethal nature of the BBP vis a vis relativity. Dale struggled with the BBP in silence for a few months. He and his confreres only recourse during that time was to close thread after thread of mine in several of the forums he/they moderate. I finally prodded him into action. Yes, Dale is a coward for publishing his rejoinder after he closed those threads--an act of supreme infamy that only a moderator has the capability of doing. But he was/is frightened for relativity. As he should be. The BBP is a dagger that strikes deep Into the heart of relativity's logical consistency (for instance, Paul B. Anderson & Jan have never been the same) But that shouldn't disqualify him for your attention. Be a sport. Give his rebuttal a few minutes of your time.

I'm kind of interested in Legion's response. But he always ends up tossing a word salad.