Are we running light with overbyte?

tech / rec.autos.tech / Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?Christopher Sobel
+- Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?Michael Trew
`* Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?AMuzi
 `* Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?Wade Garrett
  `* Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?AMuzi
   +- Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?Wade Garrett
   `- Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?Michael Trew

1
Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<03420d37-38fa-4728-9d8c-29e8fdd4a3den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1322&group=rec.autos.tech#1322

Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:23:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?
From: coolcarc...@gmail.com (Christopher Sobel)
 by: Christopher Sobel - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 00:23 UTC

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 9:25:38 PM UTC-5, RonTheGuy wrote:
> How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?
>
> It has been three weeks and the sidewalls are still blue.
> I scrubbed today with a sponge and they're still blue.
>
> Is there a special cleaning solvent for that blue stain?
> What's it there for anyway?
> --
>
> Ron, the humblest guy in town.
Some Vinyl/Leather/Rubber Cleaner works very well for me. I have Used meguiars's product and Chemical Guys' product. Both seem to work fine. I have also used WD-40 or PB Blaster with success before I discovered the Vinyl/Leather/Rubber cleaner products haha. I put whatever I'm using onto a rag, and rub/scrub it into the blue coating. Usually takes it off pretty nicely.

Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<ssidph$ig2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1325&group=rec.autos.tech#1325

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:16:25 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 02:16 UTC

On 1/22/2022 19:23, Christopher Sobel wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 9:25:38 PM UTC-5, RonTheGuy wrote:
>> How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?
>>
>> It has been three weeks and the sidewalls are still blue.
>> I scrubbed today with a sponge and they're still blue.
>>
>> Is there a special cleaning solvent for that blue stain?
>> What's it there for anyway?
>> --
>>
>> Ron, the humblest guy in town.
> Some Vinyl/Leather/Rubber Cleaner works very well for me. I have Used meguiars's product and Chemical Guys' product. Both seem to work fine. I have also used WD-40 or PB Blaster with success before I discovered the Vinyl/Leather/Rubber cleaner products haha. I put whatever I'm using onto a rag, and rub/scrub it into the blue coating. Usually takes it off pretty nicely.

I wonder as well why that bluish tint comes on new whitewalls

Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<ssjv1n$ick$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1327&group=rec.autos.tech#1327

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:16:53 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:16 UTC

On 1/22/2022 6:23 PM, Christopher Sobel wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 9:25:38 PM UTC-5, RonTheGuy wrote:
>> How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?
>>
>> It has been three weeks and the sidewalls are still blue.
>> I scrubbed today with a sponge and they're still blue.
>>
>> Is there a special cleaning solvent for that blue stain?
>> What's it there for anyway?
>> --
>>
>> Ron, the humblest guy in town.
> Some Vinyl/Leather/Rubber Cleaner works very well for me. I have Used meguiars's product and Chemical Guys' product. Both seem to work fine. I have also used WD-40 or PB Blaster with success before I discovered the Vinyl/Leather/Rubber cleaner products haha. I put whatever I'm using onto a rag, and rub/scrub it into the blue coating. Usually takes it off pretty nicely.

I just removed the blue from a new set of tires this week.
I did it with the tire vertical, cleaning the bottom half
with glass cleaner and a toothbrush, finish wipe with a
paper towel. Turn tire over and repeat. Only took 5 minutes
per tire.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<sska1c$2lb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1328&group=rec.autos.tech#1328

From: Wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:24:27 -0500
 by: Wade Garrett - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:24 UTC

On 1/23/22 11:16 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/22/2022 6:23 PM, Christopher Sobel wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 9:25:38 PM UTC-5, RonTheGuy wrote:
>>> How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?
>>>
>>> It has been three weeks and the sidewalls are still blue.
>>> I scrubbed today with a sponge and they're still blue.
>>>
>>> Is there a special cleaning solvent for that blue stain?
>>> What's it there for anyway?
>>> --
>>>
>>> Ron, the humblest guy in town.
>> Some Vinyl/Leather/Rubber Cleaner works very well for me. I have Used
>> meguiars's product and Chemical Guys' product. Both seem to work fine.
>> I have also used WD-40 or PB Blaster with success before I discovered
>> the Vinyl/Leather/Rubber cleaner products haha. I put whatever I'm
>> using onto a rag, and rub/scrub it into the blue coating. Usually
>> takes it off pretty nicely.
>>

> I just removed the blue from a new set of tires this week.
> I did it with the tire vertical, cleaning the bottom half with glass
> cleaner and a toothbrush, finish wipe with a paper towel. Turn tire over
> and repeat. Only took 5 minutes per tire.

Been a long time since I had whitewalls but as best I remember, the blue
rinsed right off with the detergent/soapy water in the bucket I used to
wash the car...usually with the rag, worst case with a brush.

Curious though, what kind of car are the whitewalls on?

--
Why is it that the politicians who want more government control over
your life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?

Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<ssktcf$ubk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1329&group=rec.autos.tech#1329

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 18:54:35 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:54 UTC

On 1/23/2022 1:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 1/23/22 11:16 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 1/22/2022 6:23 PM, Christopher Sobel wrote:

>>> Some Vinyl/Leather/Rubber Cleaner works very well for me.
>>> I have Used meguiars's product and Chemical Guys'
>>> product. Both seem to work fine. I have also used WD-40
>>> or PB Blaster with success before I discovered the
>>> Vinyl/Leather/Rubber cleaner products haha. I put
>>> whatever I'm using onto a rag, and rub/scrub it into the
>>> blue coating. Usually takes it off pretty nicely.
>>>

>> I just removed the blue from a new set of tires this week.
>> I did it with the tire vertical, cleaning the bottom half
>> with glass cleaner and a toothbrush, finish wipe with a
>> paper towel. Turn tire over and repeat. Only took 5
>> minutes per tire.
>>
> Been a long time since I had whitewalls but as best I
> remember, the blue rinsed right off with the detergent/soapy
> water in the bucket I used to wash the car...usually with
> the rag, worst case with a brush.
>
> Curious though, what kind of car are the whitewalls on?

1965 Corvair Corsa:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/REDTHX05.JPG
Selection of quality tires in that size is slim now.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<ssm4ud$ago$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1330&group=rec.autos.tech#1330

From: Wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:09:49 -0500
 by: Wade Garrett - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:09 UTC

On 1/23/22 7:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/23/2022 1:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

>>> I just removed the blue from a new set of tires this week.
>>> I did it with the tire vertical, cleaning the bottom half
>>> with glass cleaner and a toothbrush, finish wipe with a
>>> paper towel. Turn tire over and repeat. Only took 5
>>> minutes per tire.
>>>
>> Been a long time since I had whitewalls but as best I
>> remember, the blue rinsed right off with the detergent/soapy
>> water in the bucket I used to wash the car...usually with
>> the rag, worst case with a brush.
>>
>> Curious though, what kind of car are the whitewalls on?
>>
> 1965 Corvair Corsa:
> http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/REDTHX05.JPG
> Selection of quality tires in that size is slim now.

Nice!

--
When someone says stop living in the past, I say but the music and the
cars were so much better back then...

Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

<ssmtgi$44c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1331&group=rec.autos.tech#1331

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:09:07 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 19:09 UTC

On 1/23/2022 19:54, AMuzi wrote:
> On 1/23/2022 1:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

>>> I just removed the blue from a new set of tires this week.
>>> I did it with the tire vertical, cleaning the bottom half
>>> with glass cleaner and a toothbrush, finish wipe with a
>>> paper towel. Turn tire over and repeat. Only took 5
>>> minutes per tire.
>>>
>> Been a long time since I had whitewalls but as best I
>> remember, the blue rinsed right off with the detergent/soapy
>> water in the bucket I used to wash the car...usually with
>> the rag, worst case with a brush.
>>
>> Curious though, what kind of car are the whitewalls on?
>>
> 1965 Corvair Corsa:
> http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/REDTHX05.JPG
> Selection of quality tires in that size is slim now.

Nice car! If I ever come across a Corvair, it's usually rotting away
sitting in a tree row. No one thought to save those cars.

Those 13" tires are getting hard to come by. Even more difficult is to
find 12" tires for my Geo Metro.

tech / rec.autos.tech / Re: How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?