From: ali...@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 08:30:03 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.nl/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 08:30 UTC

On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Dec 2023 23:06:21 -0800 (PST)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
<4dd7ca5e-b177-4df4-a099-daf600104d2cn@googlegroups.com>:

>On Monday 18 December 2023 at 16:40:50 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> "Researchers from the GrapheneX-UTS Human-centric Artificial Intelligence Centre have developed a portable, non-invasive
>> system that can decode silent thoughts and turn them into text.'
>>
>> https://www.uts.edu.au/news/tech-design/portable-non-invasive-mind-reading-ai-turns-thoughts-text
>>
>> A new generation of lie detector, could be very useful for security measures such as screening passengers. It's only a matter
>> of time before the sensing is done at a distance.
>

>Mind reading is all but fake and hoax aimed at selfpromotion but never to work
>and has nothing to do with any artificial center or graphen center,
>developed by flat brainers

There was a TV thing on yesterday where they used IR to scan a person at a counter in customs in some airport
to see if he was lying.
They asked him questions like: 'Do you carry any drugs'
and the machine then displayed an alarm only visible to the customs officer if it detected lying.,
So you may well be monitored when you go to customs with your next pot full of crack.

Re: Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text

<37sgoi975qldslm257dhqj4ocamcn50i4b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132975&group=sci.electronics.design#132975

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:57:35 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:57 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 08:30:03 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Dec 2023 23:06:21 -0800 (PST)) it happened a a
><manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
><4dd7ca5e-b177-4df4-a099-daf600104d2cn@googlegroups.com>:
>
>>On Monday 18 December 2023 at 16:40:50 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>>> "Researchers from the GrapheneX-UTS Human-centric Artificial Intelligence Centre have developed a portable, non-invasive
>>> system that can decode silent thoughts and turn them into text.'
>>>
>>> https://www.uts.edu.au/news/tech-design/portable-non-invasive-mind-reading-ai-turns-thoughts-text
>>>
>>> A new generation of lie detector, could be very useful for security measures such as screening passengers. It's only a matter
>>> of time before the sensing is done at a distance.
>>

>>Mind reading is all but fake and hoax aimed at selfpromotion but never to work
>>and has nothing to do with any artificial center or graphen center,
>>developed by flat brainers
>
>There was a TV thing on yesterday where they used IR to scan a person at a counter in customs in some airport
>to see if he was lying.
>They asked him questions like: 'Do you carry any drugs'
>and the machine then displayed an alarm only visible to the customs officer if it detected lying.,
>So you may well be monitored when you go to customs with your next pot full of crack.

Thanks, Jan. I'd always wondered why Bill appears to be constantly out
of touch with reality.

Re: Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text

<fce25be5-bb9a-4755-8b91-0e51b4b78726n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132995&group=sci.electronics.design#132995

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 05:15:45 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 13:15 UTC

On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 9:21:53 AM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> On Sunday 24 December 2023 at 18:57:42 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 08:30:03 GMT, Jan Panteltje <al...@comet.invalid>
> > wrote:
> > >On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Dec 2023 23:06:21 -0800 (PST)) it happened a a
> > ><mant...@gmail.com> wrote in

> > >There was a TV thing on yesterday where they used IR to scan a person at a counter in customs in some airport
> > >to see if he was lying.
> > >They asked him questions like: 'Do you carry any drugs'
> > >and the machine then displayed an alarm only visible to the customs officer if it detected lying.,
> > >So you may well be monitored when you go to customs with your next pot full of crack.
> >
> > Thanks, Jan. I'd always wondered why Bill appears to be constantly out
> > of touch with reality.
>
> He looks to be affected by delusional, day dreaming brain syndrome
>
> So he has completely lost sense of real world,
> responding to every message, like untrained AI robot, to generate traffic..

A a does pretty much exactly that - mostly adding "Off-topic troll alert" to the subject line in the process.

Jan's "lie detector" isn't going to be detecting brain waves - more likely breathing rate and heart rate - which do go up when you are under stress. Classic lie detectors did that - they never did all that well, but police forces bought a lot of them anyway.

Cursitor Doom and Jan Panteltje are equally gullible.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney