From: ali...@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 06:00:28 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 06:00 UTC

On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Dec 2023 07:40:44 -0800 (PST)) it happened Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote in
<049f3706-2251-465a-aaa4-ed3ddee1542cn@googlegroups.com>:

>"Researchers from the GrapheneX-UTS Human-centric Artificial Intelligence Centre have developed a portable, non-invasive system
>that can decode silent thoughts and turn them into text.'
>
>https://www.uts.edu.au/news/tech-design/portable-non-invasive-mind-reading-ai-turns-thoughts-text
>
>A new generation of lie detector, could be very useful for security measures such as screening passengers. It's only a matter of
>time before the sensing is done at a distance.

Score is 40 %
Do you want an icecream yes / no
? beep

Re: Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text

<ulru4e$tv4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132819&group=sci.electronics.design#132819

From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:17:25 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:17 UTC

On 19/12/2023 5:00 pm, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Dec 2023 07:40:44 -0800 (PST)) it happened Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote in
> <049f3706-2251-465a-aaa4-ed3ddee1542cn@googlegroups.com>:
>
>> "Researchers from the GrapheneX-UTS Human-centric Artificial Intelligence Centre have developed a portable, non-invasive system
>> that can decode silent thoughts and turn them into text.'
>>
>> https://www.uts.edu.au/news/tech-design/portable-non-invasive-mind-reading-ai-turns-thoughts-text
>>
>> A new generation of lie detector, could be very useful for security measures such as screening passengers. It's only a matter of
>> time before the sensing is done at a distance.

A very long time. There are lots of sensors in the in the cap in the
picture, and they work a lot better when they are close to the different
bits of the brain they are sensing.

The University of Technology Sydney is a perfectly respectable
university. Here is another one of their successes.

https://www.uts.edu.au/news/tech-design/beam-me

I know both the guys in the picture. Karu is a past chair of the NSW
branch of the the IEEE and Dush Thalakotuna is recent secretary.

The UTS professor of microelectroncis is pretty impressive.

https://profiles.uts.edu.au/Francesca.Iacopi

She came from IMEC in Belgium which is essentially the European academic
semiconductor fab. They were valued customers of Cambridge Instruments
when I worked there - the sort of customer who can tell you how to make
your machine even better.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text

<ultl43$d7pg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132835&group=sci.electronics.design#132835

From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 13:55:54 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 02:55 UTC

On 20/12/2023 12:40 am, a a wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 December 2023 at 12:17:43 UTC+1, Bill Sloman wrote:
>> On 19/12/2023 5:00 pm, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Dec 2023 07:40:44 -0800 (PST)) it happened Fred Bloggs
>>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> A very long time. There are lots of sensors in the in the cap in the
>> picture, and they work a lot better when they are close to the different
>> bits of the brain they are sensing.
>>
>> The University of Technology Sydney is a perfectly respectable
>> university. Here is another one of their successes.
>>
>> https://www.uts.edu.au/news/tech-design/beam-me
>>
>> I know both the guys in the picture. Karu is a past chair of the NSW
>> branch of the the IEEE and Dush Thalakotuna is recent secretary.
>>
>> The UTS professor of microelectroncis is pretty impressive.
>>
>> https://profiles.uts.edu.au/Francesca.Iacopi
>>
>> She came from IMEC in Belgium which is essentially the European academic
>> semiconductor fab. They were valued customers of Cambridge Instruments
>> when I worked there - the sort of customer who can tell you how to make
>> your machine even better.
>
> "The University of Technology Sydney is a perfectly respectable
> university.
>
> Nope. get real

A a telling anybody to "get real" is deeply ironic.

> Today, due to low population of science, research staff hardly meets ends.

The research staff I listed came fro India (Karu) , Thailand (Dush
Thalakotuna and Italy (Francesca). UTs is good enough to attract them
from overseas.
> Australia is bad direction for scientists, researchers today, populated by morons like one flooding this group from Sydney.

The only moron infesting this group is a a, and since he is an anonymous
troll, we don't know where he is, even if we know exactly where he ought
to be.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney