From: u9536...@gmail.com (Incubus)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "Let the Right One in." Ever see the movie? SPOILERS ep 1
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 11:39:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Incubus - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 11:39 UTC

On 2022-11-02, RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> The movie was very well-done. It concerned a young girl who was a vampire who befriends a young boy. Definitely a cut above the usual horror.
> The TV series concerns a young boy, living with his mother and a man moves into the apartment next to them. His daughter is a vampire with a ravenous taste for blood. The woman's estranged husband is a reforming alcoholic. The woman is a detective and Manhattan has been plagued by brutal murders.
> There is also a sick man introduced at the beginning who also had/has a vampire son. His daughter is a micro-biologist. The man who has the vampire daughter goes to see his friend who works at a restaurant. The cop's young son is a pariah at school. Finding the vampire who turned the man's daughter has to be found to find a cure for her, hence, Manhattan with it's nightly slaughter going on. The girl is a full-on vampire. Like Spiderman, in-terms of ability. Fast, strong and driven to find blood worse than a drug addict. Doesn't eat food (unlike some vampires in series we've seen) doesn't feel cold. Not sure of how often she needs to feed. The girl likes astronomy. Her stomach growls comedically when she's hungry. Apparently, there is something that can taint the blood of humans so the vampire can't drink it. Father has to reign-in the daughter because vampires at heart are hunters. The man introduced in the first scene was a drug company head who got sued for overpushing painkillers. He makes a good point that (he's sick) once you are faced with pain, you appreciate a drug to ameliorate it. He tells his estranged daughter that her brother wasn't attacked and k
illed by a bear on a hunting trip. Back to the vampire's father. He has to go out hunting for it. He come across the cop's estranged ex-junkie husband and kidnaps him for his daughter's blood. He kills the husband for his blood but not before he finds out there is a drug (the guy was dealing) out there apparently causing people to feel a bit like vampires, invincible, but the sun makes their skin feel like it's burning and the drug has a brutal hangover effect. I should point out that he killed the guy because unlike other vampire stories, this one needs a lot of blood to satiate the hunger.

The novel is better. There are two films; the Swedish version and the
US remake. Both are good.