"Engineering without management is art." -- Jeff Johnson

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedDavid Brooks
`* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedWhisky-dave
 `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedDavid Brooks
  `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedWhisky-dave
   `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedDavid Brooks
    `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedWhisky-dave
     `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedDavid Brooks
      `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedWhisky-dave
       `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedDavid Brooks
        `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedWhisky-dave
         `* Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedDavid Brooks
          `- Re: The term S.O.S. ExplainedWhisky-dave

1
Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<TM56L.803708$qD%2.744829@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13317&group=rec.photo.digital#13317

Subject: Re: The term S.O.S. Explained
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: BDB...@not.on.your.life (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 08:58:43 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 07:58 UTC

On 24/10/2022 16:18, whisky-dave wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 October 2022 at 23:27:12 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
>> The term S.O.S. Explained Message-ID: <2dj5L.1194757$G_96.1067438@fx13.ams1>
>
> Sauce On Sausages ❤️

Brown, of course! :-)

Have you ANY idea how the clapper-board icons, of Morro Bay, shown as
being from Savageduck (Leonard O), could have found their way onto my
iCloud Drive?

See:- https://jmp.sh/ujJB7ME

As far as I can recall he never 'shared' these video files with me via
the iCloud.

I simply 'clicked' on links in the 'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group and
watched the videos. I don't remember choosing to download any of them
but perhaps I did. I have tried to replicate matters but simply cannot
do so.

The nearest I have achieved is shown here:- https://jmp.sh/YBEBPoqm

(No mention of "Leonard"!)

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<26286d05-997d-4182-80a4-f09a8f5d581fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13319&group=rec.photo.digital#13319

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 03:42:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 10:42 UTC

On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 08:58:50 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 24/10/2022 16:18, whisky-dave wrote:
> > On Sunday, 23 October 2022 at 23:27:12 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> >> The term S.O.S. Explained Message-ID: <2dj5L.1194757$G_96.1...@fx13.ams1>
> >
> > Sauce On Sausages ❤️
>
> Brown, of course! :-)

I once had a line of each sauce I had so I had, red, brown and yellow.

> Have you ANY idea how the clapper-board icons, of Morro Bay, shown as
> being from Savageduck (Leonard O), could have found their way onto my
> iCloud Drive?
>
> See:- https://jmp.sh/ujJB7ME

Yep standard icon for movie files I got the same icon when I download your steam tracktor video,
a short time later I got whatever was set as the new default image which was a picture of the steam engine.

> As far as I can recall he never 'shared' these video files with me via
> the iCloud.

and you never shared your steam tracktor movie with ME did you.

> I simply 'clicked' on links in the 'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group and
> watched the videos. I don't remember choosing to download any of them
> but perhaps I did. I have tried to replicate matters but simply cannot
> do so.

Maybe you haven't tried the right way yet.
Maybe right clicking it or hiting the option to downloaed to iCloud like I did.

> The nearest I have achieved is shown here:- https://jmp.sh/YBEBPoqm

Shared by 'me' (which is you just 30mins before taking the screenshot) and yet you'd already forgotton you shared it, after just 30mins.

What does that say about what you remmeber or don't remmeber doing.

> (No mention of "Leonard"!)

Jesus Leonard Christ .
Possible I guess

anyway I'm filling coffins today , must finish that before 2pm

> --
> Kind regards,
> David

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<i8b6L.1730047$%q2.790419@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13320&group=rec.photo.digital#13320

From: BDB...@not.on.your.life (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:05:02 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:05 UTC

On 26/10/2022 11:42, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 08:58:50 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
>>>
>>> Sauce On Sausages ❤️
>>
>> Brown, of course! :-)
>
> I once had a line of each sauce I had so I had, red, brown and yellow.
>

>> Have you ANY idea how the clapper-board icons, of Morro Bay, shown as
>> being from Savageduck (Leonard O), could have found their way onto my
>> iCloud Drive?
>>
>> See:- https://jmp.sh/ujJB7ME
>
> Yep standard icon for movie files I got the same icon when I download your steam tracktor video,
> a short time later I got whatever was set as the new default image which was a picture of the steam engine.

Just as it should be!

>> As far as I can recall he never 'shared' these video files with me via
>> the iCloud.
>
> and you never shared your steam tracktor movie with ME did you.

YES! I did EXACTLY that!

>> I simply 'clicked' on links in the 'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group and
>> watched the videos. I don't remember choosing to download any of them
>> but perhaps I did. I have tried to replicate matters but simply cannot
>> do so.
>
> Maybe you haven't tried the right way yet.
> Maybe right clicking it or hiting the option to downloaed to iCloud like I did.

Yes - that works a treat!

>> The nearest I have achieved is shown here:- https://jmp.sh/YBEBPoqm
>
> Shared by 'me' (which is you just 30mins before taking the screenshot) and yet you'd already forgotton you shared it, after just 30mins.
>
> What does that say about what you remmeber or don't remmeber doing.

I posted the link here in rec.photo.digital to test and watch.

>> (No mention of "Leonard"!)
>
> Jesus Leonard Christ .
>
> Possible I guess
>
> anyway I'm filling coffins today , must finish that before 2pm

All done? I went to another funeral on Monday. 😟

https://funeral-notices.co.uk/notice/try/5074529?fbclid=IwAR3PyBRmyWJRc0DWyijsVrgOauD_HH8--fsQNgvlo9n66aMTivnsCa2X2sk#.Y1eaH5_iSBA.facebook

I lost him as a close friend many years ago but he was a kind and good
man. His second wife prised him away from all of the friends he'd had
previously.
He made a surprise visit to me - on my narrowboat - for my 50th
birthday. We were moored in that very special place - Tixall Wide - so
he even had to walk to get there!

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<34f3d8f9-d3dc-4d29-b938-df5b1623bbb7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13321&group=rec.photo.digital#13321

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 05:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 12:14 UTC

On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 15:05:10 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 26/10/2022 11:42, Whisky-dave wrote:

> >> Brown, of course! :-)
> >
> > I once had a line of each sauce I had so I had, red, brown and yellow.
> >

> >> Have you ANY idea how the clapper-board icons, of Morro Bay, shown as
> >> being from Savageduck (Leonard O), could have found their way onto my
> >> iCloud Drive?
> >>
> >> See:- https://jmp.sh/ujJB7ME
> >
> > Yep standard icon for movie files I got the same icon when I download your steam tracktor video,
> > a short time later I got whatever was set as the new default image which was a picture of the steam engine.
> Just as it should be!
> >> As far as I can recall he never 'shared' these video files with me via
> >> the iCloud.
> >
> > and you never shared your steam tracktor movie with ME did you.
> YES! I did EXACTLY that!

NO you didn't it was a share to anyone or everyone that clicked on it.

if you wanted to share it with ME as an individual then you use the share option it is then that yuo need an email address
because that person is sent an email with a link to the shared file, and only that person can get it .

> >> I simply 'clicked' on links in the 'rec.photo.digital' Usenet group and
> >> watched the videos. I don't remember choosing to download any of them
> >> but perhaps I did. I have tried to replicate matters but simply cannot
> >> do so.
> >
> > Maybe you haven't tried the right way yet.
> > Maybe right clicking it or hiting the option to downloaed to iCloud like I did.
> Yes - that works a treat!

Maybe that's how savageducks movies got in your icloud.

> >> The nearest I have achieved is shown here:- https://jmp.sh/YBEBPoqm
> >
> > Shared by 'me' (which is you just 30mins before taking the screenshot) and yet you'd already forgotton you shared it, after just 30mins.
> >
> > What does that say about what you remmeber or don't remmeber doing.
> I posted the link here in rec.photo.digital to test and watch.

So did you learn anything ?

> >> (No mention of "Leonard"!)
> >
> > Jesus Leonard Christ .
> >
> > Possible I guess
> >
> > anyway I'm filling coffins today , must finish that before 2pm
> All done? I went to another funeral on Monday. 😟

Yep 24 ready and waiting , 21 requested, 18 students turned up

> https://funeral-notices.co.uk/notice/try/5074529?fbclid=IwAR3PyBRmyWJRc0DWyijsVrgOauD_HH8--fsQNgvlo9n66aMTivnsCa2X2sk#.Y1eaH5_iSBA.facebook
>
> I lost him as a close friend many years ago but he was a kind and good
> man. His second wife prised him away from all of the friends he'd had
> previously.
> He made a surprise visit to me - on my narrowboat - for my 50th
> birthday. We were moored in that very special place - Tixall Wide - so
> he even had to walk to get there!

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<Mev6L.1550438$YC96.340228@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13322&group=rec.photo.digital#13322

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: BDB...@not.on.your.life (David Brooks)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 13:57:16 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 12:57 UTC

On 27/10/2022 13:14, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 15:05:10 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:

>>> I once had a line of each sauce I had so I had, red, brown and yellow.

>>> Yep standard icon for movie files I got the same icon when I download your steam tracktor video,
>>> a short time later I got whatever was set as the new default image which was a picture of the steam engine.
>> Just as it should be!
>>>
>>> and you never shared your steam tracktor movie with ME did you.
>> YES! I did EXACTLY that!
>
> NO you didn't it was a share to anyone or everyone that clicked on it.

You are correct. My apologies for my mistake.

> if you wanted to share it with ME as an individual then you use the share option it is then that yuo need an email address
> because that person is sent an email with a link to the shared file, and only that person can get it .

That is correct too. In the event, I didn't email you (but thank you for
providing details).

>>> Maybe you haven't tried the right way yet.
>>> Maybe right clicking it or hiting the option to downloaed to iCloud like I did.
>> Yes - that works a treat!
>
> Maybe that's how savageducks movies got in your icloud.

If that were the case, I should be able to reproduce it. Sadly, I cannot
do so.

>>> Shared by 'me' (which is you just 30mins before taking the screenshot) and yet you'd already forgotton you shared it, after just 30mins.
>>>
>>> What does that say about what you remmeber or don't remmeber doing.
>> I posted the link here in rec.photo.digital to test and watch.
>
> So did you learn anything ?

Yes. I learn something new every day!

>>> Jesus Leonard Christ .
>>>
>>> Possible I guess
>>>
>>> anyway I'm filling coffins today , must finish that before 2pm
>> All done? I went to another funeral on Monday. 😟
>
> Yep 24 ready and waiting , 21 requested, 18 students turned up

Please explain what - exactly - you were doing.

TIA

<snipped>

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<d780116b-5a3f-45fa-bba7-799941714ac0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13323&group=rec.photo.digital#13323

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 15:46 UTC

On Thursday, 27 October 2022 at 13:57:24 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 27/10/2022 13:14, Whisky-dave wrote:

> >> Just as it should be!

> >> YES! I did EXACTLY that!
> >
> > NO you didn't it was a share to anyone or everyone that clicked on it.
> You are correct. My apologies for my mistake.
> > if you wanted to share it with ME as an individual then you use the share option it is then that yuo need an email address
> > because that person is sent an email with a link to the shared file, and only that person can get it .
> That is correct too. In the event, I didn't email you (but thank you for
> providing details).

> >> Yes - that works a treat!
> >
> > Maybe that's how savageducks movies got in your icloud.
> If that were the case, I should be able to reproduce it. Sadly, I cannot
> do so.

Well I can, using your steam engine, maybe savageduck has now deleted those files and therefor can't be shared .
Could be other reasons 'you' can;t reproduce it, which doesn;t prove anyhting other than you can;t do it.

> >> I posted the link here in rec.photo.digital to test and watch.
> >
> > So did you learn anything ?
> Yes. I learn something new every day!

Good

> >> All done? I went to another funeral on Monday. 😟
> >
> > Yep 24 ready and waiting , 21 requested, 18 students turned up
> Please explain what - exactly - you were doing.

Our Halloween hack, where students glue together the laser cut coffins, & using instructions and our help to build this.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/AUE2CH9uZNc/edit

running it again next wednesday.

Did it last year only differnce is that I said the correct terms for such a thing is not dead and alive but undead and dead :-)

It costs us about £6 in parts and open to any of our students. The few that are interested enjoy themsleves and achieve something
they can take away.

> TIA
>
> <snipped>

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<rJT6L.1538427$%fx6.1383093@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13324&group=rec.photo.digital#13324

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
From: "David(B...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 17:48:23 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 28 Oct 2022 16:48 UTC

On 27/10/2022 16:46, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 October 2022 at 13:57:24 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:

>>> NO you didn't it was a share to anyone or everyone that clicked on it.
>> You are correct. My apologies for my mistake.
>>> if you wanted to share it with ME as an individual then you use the share option it is then that yuo need an email address
>>> because that person is sent an email with a link to the shared file, and only that person can get it .
>> That is correct too. In the event, I didn't email you (but thank you for
>> providing details).

>>> Maybe that's how savageducks movies got in your icloud.
>> If that were the case, I should be able to reproduce it. Sadly, I cannot
>> do so.
>
> Well I can, using your steam engine, maybe savageduck has now deleted those files and therefor can't be shared .
> Could be other reasons 'you' can;t reproduce it, which doesn;t prove anyhting other than you can;t do it.

No. Those links can still be found in this Usenet group.

>>> So did you learn anything ?
>> Yes. I learn something new every day!
>
> Good

:-D

>>> Yep 24 ready and waiting , 21 requested, 18 students turned up
>> Please explain what - exactly - you were doing.
>
> Our Halloween hack, where students glue together the laser cut coffins, & using instructions and our help to build this.
>
> https://studio.youtube.com/video/AUE2CH9uZNc/edit

"Oops, something went wrong."

That's all I can see. :-(

> running it again next wednesday.
>
> Did it last year only differnce is that I said the correct terms for such a thing is not dead and alive but undead and dead :-)
>
> It costs us about £6 in parts and open to any of our students. The few that are interested enjoy themsleves and achieve something
> they can take away.

Sounds worthwhile!

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<117c8f13-7d26-4332-aae2-e792d67fc6b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13326&group=rec.photo.digital#13326

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 05:37:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 12:37 UTC

On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 17:48:31 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 27/10/2022 16:46, Whisky-dave wrote:

> >> You are correct. My apologies for my mistake.
> >> That is correct too. In the event, I didn't email you (but thank you for
> >> providing details).

> >> If that were the case, I should be able to reproduce it. Sadly, I cannot
> >> do so.
> >
> > Well I can, using your steam engine, maybe savageduck has now deleted those files and therefor can't be shared .
> > Could be other reasons 'you' can;t reproduce it, which doesn;t prove anyhting other than you can;t do it.
> No. Those links can still be found in this Usenet group.

irrelivant, links don't disapear , the file they linked to might in which case you might get a 404 error.

> >> Yes. I learn something new every day!
> >
> > Good
> :-D

> >> Please explain what - exactly - you were doing.
> >
> > Our Halloween hack, where students glue together the laser cut coffins, & using instructions and our help to build this.
> >
> > https://studio.youtube.com/video/AUE2CH9uZNc/edit
> "Oops, something went wrong."
>
> That's all I can see. :-(

But yuo commented on the video in the comments sectiopn sayong I've seen this before.
You do know that halloween comes around every year and magincally at the same time in that year.

> > running it again next wednesday.
> >
> > Did it last year only differnce is that I said the correct terms for such a thing is not dead and alive but undead and dead :-)
> >
> > It costs us about £6 in parts and open to any of our students. The few that are interested enjoy themsleves and achieve something
> > they can take away.
> Sounds worthwhile!

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<0v5aL.1360062$9f26.1323547@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13343&group=rec.photo.digital#13343

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 10:55:56 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 10:55 UTC

On 31/10/2022 12:37, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 17:48:31 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:

>>> Well I can, using your steam engine, maybe savageduck has now deleted those files and therefor can't be shared .
>>> Could be other reasons 'you' can;t reproduce it, which doesn;t prove anyhting other than you can;t do it.
>> No. Those links can still be found in this Usenet group.
>
> irrelivant, links don't disapear , the file they linked to might in which case you might get a 404 error.

>>> Good
>> :-D

>>> Our Halloween hack, where students glue together the laser cut coffins, & using instructions and our help to build this.
>>>
>>> https://studio.youtube.com/video/AUE2CH9uZNc/edit
>> "Oops, something went wrong."
>>
>> That's all I can see. :-(
>
> But yuo commented on the video in the comments sectiopn sayong I've seen this before.
> You do know that halloween comes around every year and magincally at the same time in that year.

Nooooo! I responded in the comments to THIS video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUE2CH9uZNc

Please respond to THIS question, Dave:-
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254352620

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<b022d41a-037e-4803-9c75-8d559fefbfbdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13344&group=rec.photo.digital#13344

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 05:07:04 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 13:07 UTC

On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 10:56:03 UTC, David Brooks wrote:
> On 31/10/2022 12:37, Whisky-dave wrote:

> >> No. Those links can still be found in this Usenet group.
> >
> > irrelivant, links don't disapear , the file they linked to might in which case you might get a 404 error.

> >> :-D

> >> "Oops, something went wrong."
> >>
> >> That's all I can see. :-(
> >
> > But yuo commented on the video in the comments sectiopn sayong I've seen this before.
> > You do know that halloween comes around every year and magincally at the same time in that year.
> Nooooo! I responded in the comments to THIS video!
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUE2CH9uZNc

Yes I know .

> Please respond to THIS question, Dave:-
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254352620

well do you have proof of what this elderly friend actually did ?
Did he click on the download option or the copy to icloud.
Exactly what link do he use
Was he logged in to his own icloud at the time.

I tried to help a not so elderly chap log on to his barclays bank account and
he couldnt get in logged on his mac book air, but could on his older iMac.
In the end I said I couldn;t help him unless I was actually there watching what he did so he phoned
barclays and they sorted out his problem.

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<72daL.1569222$%fx6.1090369@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13345&group=rec.photo.digital#13345

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 19:31:15 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 19:31 UTC

On 07/11/2022 13:07, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 10:56:03 UTC, David Brooks wrote:

>>> irrelivant, links don't disapear , the file they linked to might in which case you might get a 404 error.

>>> But yuo commented on the video in the comments sectiopn sayong I've seen this before.
>>> You do know that halloween comes around every year and magincally at the same time in that year.
>> Nooooo! I responded in the comments to THIS video!

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUE2CH9uZNc
>
> Yes I know .

:-D

>> Please respond to THIS question, Dave:-
>> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254352620
>
> well do you have proof of what this elderly friend actually did ?

Yes! I am he!

> Did he click on the download option or the copy to icloud.

No, I didn't. Neither were offered. The video simply played after a
short delay.

> Exactly what link do he use?

I went to this MID - Message-ID:
<y-GdncJJHqx25tH_nZ2dnUU7-a3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
And simply clicked on the link offered there. This link:-

<https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>

> Was he logged in to his own icloud at the time.

No

> I tried to help a not so elderly chap log on to his barclays bank account and
> he couldnt get in logged on his mac book air, but could on his older iMac.
> In the end I said I couldn;t help him unless I was actually there watching what he did so he phoned
> barclays and they sorted out his problem.

You were most kind.

--
Shared with ACW

Re: The term S.O.S. Explained

<ddd82672-ef92-420e-8050-2b70a052f72fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13346&group=rec.photo.digital#13346

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 05:40:00 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 13:40 UTC

On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 19:31:22 UTC, David Brooks wrote:
> On 07/11/2022 13:07, Whisky-dave wrote:

> >> Nooooo! I responded in the comments to THIS video!
>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUE2CH9uZNc
> >
> > Yes I know .
> :-D
> >> Please respond to THIS question, Dave:-
> >> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254352620
> >
> > well do you have proof of what this elderly friend actually did ?
> Yes! I am he!

Ah reffering to yourself as an elderly friend. schizophrenia perhaps ? ;-)

> > Did he click on the download option or the copy to icloud.
> No, I didn't. Neither were offered. The video simply played after a
> short delay.

which is the same as what happened when I clicked on it.

which is hardly suprising.

> > Exactly what link do he use?
>
> I went to this MID - Message-ID:
> <y-GdncJJHqx25tH_...@giganews.com>
> And simply clicked on the link offered there. This link:-
>
> <https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2S-Work-2022/Air2S-Work-2022/i-k47h46J/0/7ad54298/1920/MB-4-4-2022-1920.mp4>
> > Was he logged in to his own icloud at the time.
> No

Me niether.

> > I tried to help a not so elderly chap log on to his barclays bank account and
> > he couldnt get in logged on his mac book air, but could on his older iMac.
> > In the end I said I couldn;t help him unless I was actually there watching what he did so he phoned
> > barclays and they sorted out his problem.
> You were most kind.

I try to be even with students :-)
But sometimes what someone says what happened isn;t exactly accurate or true.
Somethimes they miss important things out in their recollection and sometimes
they miss important parts out without being able to recall what actually happened.
This is true when the magic smoke appears from their components and it's nothing they did wrong.

Click here to read the complete article

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: The term S.O.S. Explained