Did you know that for the price of a 280-Z you can buy two Z-80's? -- P. J. Plauger

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no sFred Bloggs
+- Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is ?no science? behind calls to phase-John Larkin
`* Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no sFred Bloggs
 +- Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no sFred Bloggs
 +* Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is ?no science? behind calls to phase-John Larkin
 |`- Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-whit3rd
 `- Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-Anthony William Sloman

1
Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<2eb9b3a9-c062-4a9c-b6e2-3c64b7a9f5f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132384&group=sci.electronics.design#132384

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 01:11 UTC

On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 7:32:07 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, resurfaced on Sunday, sparking a backlash from some experts.
> Cop28 chief says there is ‘no science’ behind demands for phase-…
> www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/sultan-al-jaber-cop28-fossil-phase-out-b2457663.html

That story has been repeated all over the place and it's a mistranslation of what the Sultan said. He meant there is an absence of scientific guidance on just exactly how a phase-out should occur in order to avoid a global economic collapse.

Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is ?no science? behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate?s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<6n3rmil9lk7votr418denc1jvgq3mesehn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132395&group=sci.electronics.design#132395

From: jjlar...@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is ???no science??? behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate???s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 00:40:42 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 08:40 UTC

On Sun, 3 Dec 2023 17:11:32 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 7:32:07?PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
>> The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, resurfaced on Sunday, sparking a backlash from some experts.
>> Cop28 chief says there is ‘no science’ behind demands for phase-…
>> www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/sultan-al-jaber-cop28-fossil-phase-out-b2457663.html
>
>That story has been repeated all over the place and it's a mistranslation of what the Sultan said. He meant there is an absence of scientific guidance on just exactly how a phase-out should occur in order to avoid a global economic collapse.

That's what a spokesperson tried to rephrase.

He clearly said that phasing out fossil fuels would return us to
living in caves.

That would of course have to be warm caves, when we can find one.

Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<999eeaff-81a5-4de5-b57a-e488e17b4435n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132404&group=sci.electronics.design#132404

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 17:35 UTC

On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 8:16:37 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> On Monday, 4 December 2023 at 02:11:37 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 7:32:07 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> > > The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, resurfaced on Sunday, sparking a backlash from some experts.
> > > Cop28 chief says there is ‘no science’ behind demands for phase-…
> > > www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/sultan-al-jaber-cop28-fossil-phase-out-b2457663.html
> > That story has been repeated all over the place and it's a mistranslation of what the Sultan said. He meant there is an absence of scientific guidance on just exactly how a phase-out should occur in order to avoid a global economic collapse.
> You are not correct
>
> "During an online event alongside former Irish president Mary Robinson last month, Mr Jaber insisted a phase-out of oil would not allow sustainable development “unless you want to take the world back into caves”.

You need to 'de-confuse' your purpose in reading news reports as to whether you're going to do a superficial document analysis, or, alternatively, actually comprehend the information broadcast. These COPxx things are ALL about the economics of transitioning to clean fuels, and not to discuss the merits or demerits of the science.

'The Conference of Parties, known as COP, is the decision-making body responsible for monitoring and reviewing the implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. It brings together the 197 nations and territories – called Parties – that have signed on to the Framework Convention.'

What is the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?

https://unfccc.int/process-and-meetings/what-is-the-united-nations-framework-convention-on-climate-change

Pay special attention to the 'recognized that there was problem' part.

Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<21a02fe7-670e-4d6b-9bd9-98f6f6dc3640n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132406&group=sci.electronics.design#132406

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:17 UTC

On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 12:48:48 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> On Monday, 4 December 2023 at 18:35:56 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > > You are not correct
> > >
> > > "During an online event alongside former Irish president Mary Robinson last month, Mr Jaber insisted a phase-out of oil would not allow sustainable development “unless you want to take the world back into caves”.
> > You need to 'de-confuse' your purpose in reading news reports as to whether you're going to do a superficial document analysis, or, alternatively, actually comprehend the information broadcast. These COPxx things are ALL about the economics of transitioning to clean fuels, and not to discuss the merits or demerits of the science.
> >
> > 'The Conference of Parties, known as COP, is the decision-making body responsible for monitoring and reviewing the implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. It brings together the 197 nations and territories – called Parties – that have signed on to the Framework Convention.'
> >
> > What is the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
> >
> > https://unfccc.int/process-and-meetings/what-is-the-united-nations-framework-convention-on-climate-change
> >
> > Pay special attention to the 'recognized that there was problem' part.
> UN is not a university or a research facility
>
> H2O vapor is the only greenhouse gas which matters, aqarded by Nobel Prize in Physics in 2021
> Humans cannot warm the climate today or in the past
> since CO2 is not greenhouse gas
>
> I am in touch with COP28
> His Excellency Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber
> COP28 President, UAE Special Envoy for Climate Change, and Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology.
>

> "Ice Hockey Key" is fake and hoax without scientic merits
>
> UN should give up delusional climate ideas
> and I have asked Antonio to get a real job

'Some people mistakenly believe water vapor is the main driver of Earth’s current warming. But increased water vapor doesn’t cause global warming. Instead, it’s a consequence of it. Increased water vapor in the atmosphere amplifies the warming caused by other greenhouse gases.'

https://climate.nasa.gov/explore/ask-nasa-climate/3143/steamy-relationships-how-atmospheric-water-vapor-amplifies-earths-greenhouse-effect/

Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is ?no science? behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate?s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<427smi1nrs56vpp7vo6cm8oarggjkirj12@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=132408&group=sci.electronics.design#132408

From: jjlar...@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 10:38:12 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:38 UTC

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 09:35:50 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 8:16:37?PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
>> > That story has been repeated all over the place and it's a mistranslation of what the Sultan said. He meant there is an absence of scientific guidance on just exactly how a phase-out should occur in order to avoid a global economic collapse.
>> You are not correct
>>
>> "During an online event alongside former Irish president Mary Robinson last month, Mr Jaber insisted a phase-out of oil would not allow sustainable development “unless you want to take the world back into caves”.
>
>You need to 'de-confuse' your purpose in reading news reports as to whether you're going to do a superficial document analysis, or, alternatively, actually comprehend the information broadcast. These COPxx things are ALL about the economics of transitioning to clean fuels, and not to discuss the merits or demerits of the science.

But that's what he did. Somebody has to question orthodoxy, especially
when so much is at stake.

Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<26d43547-524d-44eb-a869-7d3dec7a42f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=133586&group=sci.electronics.design#133586

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 07:41 UTC

On Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 4:48:48 AM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> On Monday, 4 December 2023 at 18:35:56 UTC+1, Fred Bloggs wrote:

<snip>

> > 'The Conference of Parties, known as COP, is the decision-making body responsible for monitoring and reviewing the implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. It brings together the 197 nations and territories – called Parties – that have signed on to the Framework Convention.'
> >
> > What is the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
> >
> > https://unfccc.int/process-and-meetings/what-is-the-united-nations-framework-convention-on-climate-change
> >
> > Pay special attention to the 'recognized that there was problem' part.\
>
> UN is not a university or a research facility

Nobody said it was. It can still get eXpert advice

> H2O vapor is the only greenhouse gas which matters, awarded by Nobel Prize in Physics in 2021

Actually CO2 is the greenhouse gas that matters. Water vapour does more warming, but it equlibrates out over about three weeks.

Excess CO2 takes about 800 years to go away, and pt more water vapour into the atmosphere until it goes away.

> Humans cannot warm the climate today or in the past since CO2 is not greenhouse gas.

A false conclusion based on a misconception.,

> I am in touch with COP28
> His Excellency Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber
> COP28 President, UAE Special Envoy for Climate Change, and Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology.

And pigs might fly.

> "Ice Hockey Key" is fake and hoax without scientific merits.

The hockey stick curve was replicated by some two dozen independent studies based on diffferent proxies for historical temperatures. It's about as relialbe as a scientific observation can be,
> UN should give up delusional climate ideas and I have asked Antonio to get a real job.

A a should give up the idea that he knows what he is talking about and get a brain that can tell the differece between facts and nonsense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: The Cop28 president has claimed there is “no science” behind calls to phase-out fossil fuels as a way of limiting global heating to 1.5C. The remarks by Sultan Ahmed al Jaber, the United Arab Emirate’s designated leader of the summit in Dubai, re

<e8f99dff-88f8-4cea-b86a-5548bc313e59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=133595&group=sci.electronics.design#133595

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 09:08 UTC

On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 10:38:32 AM UTC-8, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 09:35:50 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 8:16:37?PM UTC-5, a a wrote:

> >> "During an online event alongside former Irish president Mary Robinson last month, Mr Jaber insisted a phase-out of oil would not allow sustainable development “unless you want to take the world back into caves”.
> >
> >You need to 'de-confuse' your purpose in reading news reports as to whether you're going to do a superficial document analysis, or, alternatively, actually comprehend the information broadcast. These COPxx things are ALL about the economics of transitioning to clean fuels, and not to discuss the merits or demerits of the science.

> But that's what he did. Somebody has to question orthodoxy, especially
> when so much is at stake.

Yeah, orthodox fossil fuel consumption IS being successfully interrogated,
with an entire planetary life-support infrastructure at stake.

As for 'someone has to question orthodoxy', it's another way to
say 'someone has to question commonsense'; a lame platitude,
full of sound and devoid of significance. Orthodoxy is a lame
and ugly word, carrying no load.