From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT: Too funny
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:00:58 -0700
 by: Don Y - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 01:00 UTC

I've been tasked with collecting the various bits of media
for an art class SWMBO is taking (as she is currently preoccupied
with other things).

"Click here to access the video for class #1"

Hmmm... opens another tab to the *same* page!
Mouseover the link on the original page and, sure as hell,
a static link BACK to the current URL.

Contact vendor to report a bad link.

"Works for me! The problem must be on your end. Try restarting
your computer..."

Um, no, it CAN'T work for you. Did you read my message CAREFULLY?
I.e., are you sure you are clicking on the link THAT I PROVIDED
for the page that *I* am accessing (and not some other page in your
"course")?

(sigh) We have made things too easy for folks, to the extent
that they don't even BOTHER to think about problems. I.e.,
how is "restarting" MY computer going to fix a problem in
YOUR web page hosted by some OTHER server?

Perhaps she should "restart" HER computer? <rolls eyes>

Re: OT: Too funny

<1u26rilermhf9l8lolrjf7kdhc0v3p437m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=133876&group=sci.electronics.design#133876

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Too funny
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:36:25 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 01:36 UTC

On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:00:58 -0700, Don Y
<blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

>I've been tasked with collecting the various bits of media
>for an art class SWMBO is taking (as she is currently preoccupied
>with other things).
>
>"Click here to access the video for class #1"
>
>Hmmm... opens another tab to the *same* page!
>Mouseover the link on the original page and, sure as hell,
>a static link BACK to the current URL.
>
>Contact vendor to report a bad link.
>
>"Works for me! The problem must be on your end. Try restarting
>your computer..."
>
>Um, no, it CAN'T work for you. Did you read my message CAREFULLY?
>I.e., are you sure you are clicking on the link THAT I PROVIDED
>for the page that *I* am accessing (and not some other page in your
>"course")?
>
>(sigh) We have made things too easy for folks, to the extent
>that they don't even BOTHER to think about problems. I.e.,
>how is "restarting" MY computer going to fix a problem in
>YOUR web page hosted by some OTHER server?
>
>Perhaps she should "restart" HER computer? <rolls eyes>

You should clear your cache and cookies, upgrade to Windows 13, patch
your registry, and get a new line cord.