From: jl...@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Sky High Electric Utility Rates California
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:53:17 -0800
 by: john larkin - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:53 UTC

On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:17:20 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>PG&E is saying the increased costs are due to wildfire risk mitigation and supplying infrastructure to new businesses.

Blaming forest fires on ignition sources is absurd. There will always
be ignition sources, and the fewer of them, the bigger the fires will
be. Around here, trees that grow eventually burn.

>These rates are ridiculous, you can almost make it at home for less.
>
>https://www.pge.com/content/dam/pge/docs/account/rate-plans/residential-electric-rate-plan-pricing.pdf

We dip a bit into the 30-cent/KWH tier, but not much. How much do you
average for total household energy per month? I think we average about
$150 for electricity and gas.

>Baseline allowance- gives them a lot of room for padding the bills:
>
>https://www.pge.com/en/account/rate-plans/how-rates-work/baseline-allowance.html

Fortunately the mild climate keeps energy costs down. We don't have
a/c and use very little heat.

If you want cheap, move to Mississippi or Mexico or somewhere.