We cannot command nature except by obeying her. -- Sir Francis Bacon

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesjohn larkin
+- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesBill Sloman
+* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
|+- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
|`* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesjohn larkin
| `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
|  `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
|   `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
|    `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
|     `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
|      `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
|       +* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
|       |+- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
|       |`- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
|       `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJeroen Belleman
|        `- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
+- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesjohn larkin
+* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesSylvia Else
|+* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
||+- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theorieswhit3rd
||`* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
|| `- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
|`* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
| +* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
| |+- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
| |`* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
| | `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesJohn Larkin
| |  `- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
| `- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesSylvia Else
`* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theorieswhit3rd
 `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
  `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
   `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
    `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman
     `* Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesCursitor Doom
      `- Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theoriesAnthony William Sloman

Pages:12
Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<22aorit244dplhfogl6st3sng53iqngmu3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134241&group=sci.electronics.design#134241

From: jl...@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:27:40 -0800
 by: john larkin - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 23:27 UTC

On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
>
>"In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
>
>Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
>
>https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
>
>There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
>
>https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36

Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
only one true Truth.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<uphq27$2f52t$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134258&group=sci.electronics.design#134258

From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 15:11:40 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 04:11 UTC

On 2/02/2024 10:27 am, john larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
>>
>> "In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
>>
>> Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
>>
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
>>
>> There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
>>
>> https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36
>
> Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
> only one true Truth.

But the first amendment doesn't let you shout "fire" in a crowded
theatre. Posting dangerous lies needs to generate consequences severe
enough to discourage people from doing it again.

Your persistent enthusiasm for reposting climate change denial
propaganda hasn't so far generated enough painful consequence to
discourage you.

Six months of hard labour on climate science probably wouldn't work -
you are good at not seeing facts you don't want to see.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<pnbqrip4nh38k8mdg2e0gc2f1s592i1ri5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134278&group=sci.electronics.design#134278

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 18:08:43 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 18:08 UTC

On Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:27:40 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
>>
>>"In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
>>
>>Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
>>
>>https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
>>
>>There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
>>
>>https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36
>
>Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
>only one true Truth.

Indeed. There was only one Truth in the Soviet Union under Joseph
Stalin. Contradict him and you got sent to the gulags for 10 to 25
years. So yeah, we could have our very own Pravda newspaper and
nothing else allowed, just like they did in Russia. That seems to be
what Fred Bloggs is advocating here. Perhaps he'd be happier in Cuba
or China.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<fbf9d69c-6685-4af4-ae01-b09c8559253an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134282&group=sci.electronics.design#134282

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 10:41:30 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 18:41 UTC

On Saturday, February 3, 2024 at 5:08:52 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:27:40 -0800, john larkin <j...@650pot.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> ><bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
> >>
> >>"In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
> >>
> >>Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
> >>
> >>https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
> >>
> >>There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
> >>
> >>https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36
> >
> >Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
> >only one true Truth.
>
> Indeed. There was only one Truth in the Soviet Union under Joseph
> Stalin. Contradict him and you got sent to the gulags for 10 to 25
> years. So yeah, we could have our very own Pravda newspaper and
> nothing else allowed, just like they did in Russia. That seems to be
> what Fred Bloggs is advocating here. Perhaps he'd be happier in Cuba
> or China.

Senator Joseph McCarthy had similarly fixed ideas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

He didn't send anybody to a gulag - America doesn't have them - but he got an number of people thrown out of their jobs and rendered unemployable for not being as anti-communist as he though that they ought to have been.

Donald Trump is similarly wedded to his own version of reality - he's unsympathetic to the idea hat he actually lost the 2020 presidential election.

The first amendment is about letting people say what they like. It doesn't protect you from the consequences of publishing dangerous or misleading lies.

If you make money out of them you can be jailed for fraud, unless the money was a donation to your political party.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<icgqrihn394ufhv5n3n7k6lkapjoiocb2l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134291&group=sci.electronics.design#134291

From: jl...@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:02:07 -0800
 by: john larkin - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:02 UTC

On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 17:32:10 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 6:28:01?PM UTC-5, john larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
>> >
>> >"In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
>> >
>> >Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
>> >
>> >https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
>> >
>> >There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
>> >
>> >https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36
>> Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
>> only one true Truth.
>
>The moron who was posting a video of a transformer explosion in Chile and claiming it was an American military death ray deliberately starting the Maui fire, should be imprisoned for 10 years minimum. It's the same as an idiot making the rounds in an institution for the criminally insane inciting the population to rise and kill the prison staff based on some crackpot conspiracy. That is a clear-cut case of criminal incitement to violence.
>
>'The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for interference with the right of free speech when it attempts to regulate the content of the speech.'
>
>They have ample substantial justification in these cases. The authority to do so will probably invoke the ICC.

The internet and Twitter and such provide a platform for billions of
yahoos to expose themselves to billions of readers. The more
outrageous they are, the more attention they get from people who
my-o-my over them.

You have my permission to ignore them.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<04mqrilrkiv5uej9afjprbk1qeh7mc068m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134292&group=sci.electronics.design#134292

From: jl...@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:06:04 -0800
 by: john larkin - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 21:06 UTC

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 18:08:43 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:27:40 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
>><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
>>>
>>>"In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
>>>
>>>Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
>>>
>>>https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
>>>
>>>There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
>>>
>>>https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36
>>
>>Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
>>only one true Truth.
>
>Indeed. There was only one Truth in the Soviet Union under Joseph
>Stalin. Contradict him and you got sent to the gulags for 10 to 25
>years. So yeah, we could have our very own Pravda newspaper and
>nothing else allowed, just like they did in Russia. That seems to be
>what Fred Bloggs is advocating here. Perhaps he'd be happier in Cuba
>or China.

There are people who really believe that "climate deniers" are threats
to the planet and should be censored or arrested or even killed.

And they throw soup onto the Mona Lisa to make the world a better
place.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<l25tjuF75crU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134310&group=sci.electronics.design#134310

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 15:26:38 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 04:26 UTC

On 02-Feb-24 12:32 pm, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 6:28:01 PM UTC-5, john larkin wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:27:37 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A responsible government needs to enact legislation with serious criminal penalties for the promulgators of these things. Jack-ass site like zerohedge will be shut down in a minute.
>>>
>>> "In another act of violence tied to QAnon, a California man was charged with using a speargun to kill his two children in 2021. He told an FBI agent that he had been enlightened by QAnon conspiracy theories and had become convinced that his wife “possessed serpent DNA and had passed it on to his children.”"
>>>
>>> Then there's this most recent maniac, conspiracy driven:
>>>
>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa-man-arrested-decapitating-father-youtube-video-rcna136509
>>>
>>> There was at least one QAnon adherent posting on SED.
>>>
>>> https://apnews.com/article/dangers-of-digital-conspiracy-theories-ec21024be1ed377a35fb235d9fa2af36
>> Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
>> only one true Truth.
>
> The moron who was posting a video of a transformer explosion in Chile and claiming it was an American military death ray deliberately starting the Maui fire, should be imprisoned for 10 years minimum. It's the same as an idiot making the rounds in an institution for the criminally insane inciting the population to rise and kill the prison staff based on some crackpot conspiracy. That is a clear-cut case of criminal incitement to violence.
>
> 'The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for interference with the right of free speech when it attempts to regulate the content of the speech.'
>
> They have ample substantial justification in these cases. The authority to do so will probably invoke the ICC.

Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this
nonsense.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<6667fe2e-7fd9-41f3-9a9b-6274e65c6f83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134326&group=sci.electronics.design#134326

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 05:37:19 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 13:37 UTC

On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 12:20:41 AM UTC+11, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Friday, February 2, 2024 at 11:26:46 PM UTC-5, Sylvia Else wrote:

<snip>

> > > 'The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for interference with the right of free speech when it attempts to regulate the content of the speech.'
> > >
> > > They have ample substantial justification in these cases. The authority to do so will probably invoke the ICC.
> >
> > Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this nonsense.
>
> That could be a plan when science finally gets around to proving idiocy is a heritable trait.

It won't. Idiocy is a complex trait, and not easy to measure.

The various crude proxies for it - like scores on IQ tests and years in education - are slightly influenced by literally thousands of genes.

https://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Robert-Plomin-Blueprint.pdf

Sterilising adult examples of idiocy wouldn't make the next generation appreciably less idiotic.

And we need idiots. How would we staff our personnel departments if we didn't have ready supply of them? Nobody who wasn't an idiot would take on the job.

We should really work on finding people who are excessively gullible, like John Larkin and Cursitor Doom, and protect them for the malicious propaganda to which they are so exceedingly vulnerable, but the people who make money out of generating malicious propaganda would complain that this was a restraint of trade.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<7003f146-5cb8-4cda-8615-a9f8636fb18fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134338&group=sci.electronics.design#134338

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 10:18:29 -0800 (PST)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 18:18 UTC

On Saturday, February 3, 2024 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-8, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Saturday, February 3, 2024 at 8:37:24 AM UTC-5, Anthony William Sloman wrote:

> > We should really work on finding people who are excessively gullible, like John Larkin and Cursitor Doom, and protect them for the malicious propaganda to which they are so exceedingly vulnerable, but the people who make money out of generating malicious propaganda would complain that this was a restraint of trade.

> That gets turned around on them. The Interstate Commerce Clause gives Congress authority to regulate transactions. And government owns the airwaves, and subsidizes communications infrastructure. So when the idiots act up, they will can be slapped.

The US constitution puts post offices (telecommunication nodes) and
post roads (telecommunication links) and navigable waterways under
federal control. That covers all of telecommunication as it was known
in the eighteenth century. But, except for hate speech and criminal
conspiracy, that doesn't regulate content effectively, because free speech
and press (again, telecommunication and local communication) are
protected.

So, if you want to be a responsible citizen, be sure to chastise abusers
without slandering them. "Liar, liar, pants on fire" works sometimes.
Don't expect the government to do this, it's YOUR responsibility
to protect the gullible when they can't protect themselves.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<638tripj4m5k7rn8ij1i8lj7ptposbmhld@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134341&group=sci.electronics.design#134341

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:22:58 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:22 UTC

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:06:04 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 18:08:43 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:27:40 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>>Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
>>>only one true Truth.
>>
>>Indeed. There was only one Truth in the Soviet Union under Joseph
>>Stalin. Contradict him and you got sent to the gulags for 10 to 25
>>years. So yeah, we could have our very own Pravda newspaper and
>>nothing else allowed, just like they did in Russia. That seems to be
>>what Fred Bloggs is advocating here. Perhaps he'd be happier in Cuba
>>or China.
>
>There are people who really believe that "climate deniers" are threats
>to the planet and should be censored or arrested or even killed.
>
>And they throw soup onto the Mona Lisa to make the world a better
>place.

They're clearly brain damaged extremists and need to be in prison
before they can do something really dangerous.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<2o8tri904pomugcvvvoblfuk7locs0ikli@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134343&group=sci.electronics.design#134343

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:33:57 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:33 UTC

On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 15:26:38 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 02-Feb-24 12:32 pm, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 6:28:01?PM UTC-5, john larkin wrote:

>>> Let's repeal that pesky First Amendment. There is, of course, always
>>> only one true Truth.
>>
>> The moron who was posting a video of a transformer explosion in Chile and claiming it was an American military death ray deliberately starting the Maui fire, should be imprisoned for 10 years minimum. It's the same as an idiot making the rounds in an institution for the criminally insane inciting the population to rise and kill the prison staff based on some crackpot conspiracy. That is a clear-cut case of criminal incitement to violence.
>>
>> 'The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for interference with the right of free speech when it attempts to regulate the content of the speech.'
>>
>> They have ample substantial justification in these cases. The authority to do so will probably invoke the ICC.
>
>Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this
>nonsense.

Given the average age of contributors here, Sylvia, I would guess your
Nazi-esque suggestion would achieve nothing.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<oo8trihcnetmtu9u72m1022e3dmh4ji1hs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134344&group=sci.electronics.design#134344

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 12:36:44 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:36 UTC

On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 09:59:50 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 3, 2024 at 8:37:24?AM UTC-5, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
>> <snip>

>> > That could be a plan when science finally gets around to proving idiocy is a heritable trait.
>> It won't. Idiocy is a complex trait, and not easy to measure.
>>
>> The various crude proxies for it - like scores on IQ tests and years in education - are slightly influenced by literally thousands of genes.
>>
>> https://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Robert-Plomin-Blueprint.pdf
>>
>> Sterilising adult examples of idiocy wouldn't make the next generation appreciably less idiotic.
>>
>> And we need idiots. How would we staff our personnel departments if we didn't have ready supply of them? Nobody who wasn't an idiot would take on the job.
>
>The law can be written in such a way that idiocy is presumed on the basis of a long list of material acts, such as habitual posting of false and misleading conspiracies on social media, and mindlessly concurring with such.
>

>> We should really work on finding people who are excessively gullible, like John Larkin and Cursitor Doom, and protect them for the malicious propaganda to which they are so exceedingly vulnerable, but the people who make money out of generating malicious propaganda would complain that this was a restraint of trade.
>
>That gets turned around on them. The Interstate Commerce Clause gives Congress authority to regulate transactions. And government owns the airwaves, and subsidizes communications infrastructure. So when the idiots act up, they will can be slapped.

Turned around? The US military and the big national labs give us a lot
of business. They give us checks, not slaps.

My kind of gullibility seems to work.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<p09trip1q0hsbk3mhb7v0e9o84g4sb5h9l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134345&group=sci.electronics.design#134345

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 12:43:43 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:43 UTC

On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:22:58 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:06:04 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 18:08:43 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Indeed. There was only one Truth in the Soviet Union under Joseph
>>>Stalin. Contradict him and you got sent to the gulags for 10 to 25
>>>years. So yeah, we could have our very own Pravda newspaper and
>>>nothing else allowed, just like they did in Russia. That seems to be
>>>what Fred Bloggs is advocating here. Perhaps he'd be happier in Cuba
>>>or China.
>>
>>There are people who really believe that "climate deniers" are threats
>>to the planet and should be censored or arrested or even killed.
>>
>>And they throw soup onto the Mona Lisa to make the world a better
>>place.
>
>They're clearly brain damaged extremists and need to be in prison
>before they can do something really dangerous.

People should be prosecuted for real crimes, damaging property or
hurting others, and not for having opinions.

What's weird is that anyone can deny absolute truths, like
conservation of energy or the irrationality of sqrt(2), and nobody
pays much attention. But to question something very uncertain, like
the effects of CO2 on climate or the effects of testosterone on
behavior, is considered to be a crime.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<ag9tri194mpu36g0blq2r6f2s8mp43n5u2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134347&group=sci.electronics.design#134347

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 12:49:02 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:49 UTC

On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:33:57 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 15:26:38 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>wrote:

>>> The moron who was posting a video of a transformer explosion in Chile and claiming it was an American military death ray deliberately starting the Maui fire, should be imprisoned for 10 years minimum. It's the same as an idiot making the rounds in an institution for the criminally insane inciting the population to rise and kill the prison staff based on some crackpot conspiracy. That is a clear-cut case of criminal incitement to violence.
>>>
>>> 'The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for interference with the right of free speech when it attempts to regulate the content of the speech.'
>>>
>>> They have ample substantial justification in these cases. The authority to do so will probably invoke the ICC.
>>
>>Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this
>>nonsense.

No need. They can't get a date.

>Given the average age of contributors here, Sylvia, I would guess your
>Nazi-esque suggestion would achieve nothing.

Kids these days, even the ones with EE degrees, don't seem to design
much electronics. They type, don't solder.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<l281tnFj6kvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134353&group=sci.electronics.design#134353

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 10:52:23 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 23:52 UTC

On 04-Feb-24 7:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 15:26:38 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> The moron who was posting a video of a transformer explosion in Chile and claiming it was an American military death ray deliberately starting the Maui fire, should be imprisoned for 10 years minimum. It's the same as an idiot making the rounds in an institution for the criminally insane inciting the population to rise and kill the prison staff based on some crackpot conspiracy. That is a clear-cut case of criminal incitement to violence.
>>>
>>> 'The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for interference with the right of free speech when it attempts to regulate the content of the speech.'
>>>
>>> They have ample substantial justification in these cases. The authority to do so will probably invoke the ICC.
>>
>> Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this
>> nonsense.
>
> Given the average age of contributors here, Sylvia, I would guess your
> Nazi-esque suggestion would achieve nothing.

I had second thoughts about posting that, and then it got posted by
mistake. I deleted it, in the knowledge that this would not be honoured
by all servers.

Sylvia.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<30d664eb-8991-4035-a985-d9913a9cf7bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134354&group=sci.electronics.design#134354

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:26:25 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 04:26 UTC

On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 7:38:11 AM UTC+11, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 09:59:50 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> >> We should really work on finding people who are excessively gullible, like John Larkin and Cursitor Doom, and protect them for the malicious propaganda to which they are so exceedingly vulnerable, but the people who make money out of generating malicious propaganda would complain that this was a restraint of trade.
> >
> >That gets turned around on them. The Interstate Commerce Clause gives Congress authority to regulate transactions. And government owns the airwaves, and subsidizes communications infrastructure. So when the idiots act up, they will can be slapped.
> >
> Turned around? The US military and the big national labs give us a lot
> of business. They give us checks, not slaps.
>
> My kind of gullibility seems to work.

You are gullible enough to believe your own propaganda, which makes you a successful salesman. You are selling into a small market where there isn't a lot of competition.

If somebody with serious money was interested they'd hire better engineers and wipe you out, but small markets get the engineering they can afford.

Cambridge Instruments sold about ten electron beam microfabricators a year for more than a million dollars each, which was a small market, but that was piggy-backed on the electron microscope business which was rather larger, and quite competitive.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<0a02aa26-3cf8-4d76-abd9-2a68e8066a75n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134355&group=sci.electronics.design#134355

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 20:36:05 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 04:36 UTC

On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 7:50:30 AM UTC+11, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:33:57 +0000, Cursitor Doom <c...@notformail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> >>Perhaps we should just forcibly sterilise anyone who falls for this nonsense.
>
> No need. They can't get a date.

That does seem to be wishful thinking.

> >Given the average age of contributors here, Sylvia, I would guess your
> >Nazi-esque suggestion would achieve nothing.
>
> Kids these days, even the ones with EE degrees, don't seem to design much electronics. They type, don't solder.

They type more than we did when we first got involved in electronics, and solder correspondingly less - you can run a Spice simulation a lot faster than you can solder the circuit together, but you still have to put together the occasional working prototype, if only to check that your simulation data is complete and sufficiently accurate, and that you had let the simulation run for long enough - not points where you have always been all that careful.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<ckqurilsfqh6sj94op1aqcetg8ur8h0ft7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134361&group=sci.electronics.design#134361

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 10:47:56 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 10:47 UTC

On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 12:43:43 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:22:58 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:06:04 -0800, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>>There are people who really believe that "climate deniers" are threats
>>>to the planet and should be censored or arrested or even killed.
>>>
>>>And they throw soup onto the Mona Lisa to make the world a better
>>>place.
>>
>>They're clearly brain damaged extremists and need to be in prison
>>before they can do something really dangerous.
>
>People should be prosecuted for real crimes, damaging property or
>hurting others, and not for having opinions.
>
>What's weird is that anyone can deny absolute truths, like
>conservation of energy or the irrationality of sqrt(2), and nobody
>pays much attention. But to question something very uncertain, like
>the effects of CO2 on climate or the effects of testosterone on
>behavior, is considered to be a crime.

Quite. And 'Thought Crime' at that. Orwell's predictions were right.
The Liars are running the show and are terrified of being exposed.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<2aaeb26a-3838-4f0f-8b54-bacb472db78an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134367&group=sci.electronics.design#134367

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 05:03:00 -0800 (PST)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 13:03 UTC

On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 9:48:03 PM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 12:43:43 -0800, John Larkin <j...@997PotHill.com> wrote:

<snip>

> >What's weird is that anyone can deny absolute truths, like
> >conservation of energy or the irrationality of sqrt(2), and nobody
> >pays much attention. But to question something very uncertain, like
> >the effects of CO2 on climate or the effects of testosterone on
> >behavior, is considered to be a crime.

The exact effects of CO2 on climate may not be known with exquisite precision - greenhouse gases aren't the only participants - but we do know that more CO2 in the atmosphere leads to a higher average surface temperature for the planet as a whole.

Goofs like you who claim that modern atmospheric CO2 levels are all faked, are in fact guilty of criminal libel and really should be charged and convicted.
The fact that you are an obvious goof and nobody takes you seriously is all that saves your bacon.

> Quite. And 'Thought Crime' at that. Orwell's predictions were right.
> The Liars are running the show and are terrified of being exposed.

Except that you are the liar here, and you clearly don't run any show, and while you get exposed as a liar at regular intervals, it doesn't worry you.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<gi3vri5m2ni4nbt3j2gqrjguf3ttkdjtsn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134368&group=sci.electronics.design#134368

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:20:46 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 13:20 UTC

On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 05:03:00 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
<bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 9:48:03?PM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> >What's weird is that anyone can deny absolute truths, like
>> >conservation of energy or the irrationality of sqrt(2), and nobody
>> >pays much attention. But to question something very uncertain, like
>> >the effects of CO2 on climate or the effects of testosterone on
>> >behavior, is considered to be a crime.
>
>The exact effects of CO2 on climate may not be known with exquisite precision - greenhouse gases aren't the only participants - but we do know that more CO2 in the atmosphere leads to a higher average surface temperature for the planet as a whole.
>
>Goofs like you who claim that modern atmospheric CO2 levels are all faked, are in fact guilty of criminal libel and really should be charged and convicted.
>The fact that you are an obvious goof and nobody takes you seriously is all that saves your bacon.
>
>> Quite. And 'Thought Crime' at that. Orwell's predictions were right.
>> The Liars are running the show and are terrified of being exposed.
>
>Except that you are the liar here, and you clearly don't run any show, and while you get exposed as a liar at regular intervals, it doesn't worry you.

I see you've been reading Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Bill.
Accuse your opponents of what you're doing yourself. See I've read all
that Left-wing garbage and know exactly how you think. You'll never
get the better of the Big Dawg - certainly not without upping your
game by several orders of magnitude (which would be completely beyond
you).

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<kcdvridk6et16ofm73n87o1vdgq01qekp9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134372&group=sci.electronics.design#134372

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 08:06:15 -0800
References: <ff29ed3a-418b-423c-a7e0-e11c04089609n@googlegroups.com> <22aorit244dplhfogl6st3sng53iqngmu3@4ax.com> <pnbqrip4nh38k8mdg2e0gc2f1s592i1ri5@4ax.com> <04mqrilrkiv5uej9afjprbk1qeh7mc068m@4ax.com> <638tripj4m5k7rn8ij1i8lj7ptposbmhld@4ax.com> <p09trip1q0hsbk3mhb7v0e9o84g4sb5h9l@4ax.com> <ckqurilsfqh6sj94op1aqcetg8ur8h0ft7@4ax.com> <2aaeb26a-3838-4f0f-8b54-bacb472db78an@googlegroups.com> <gi3vri5m2ni4nbt3j2gqrjguf3ttkdjtsn@4ax.com>
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 16:06 UTC

On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:20:46 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 05:03:00 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
><bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>><snip>

>>The exact effects of CO2 on climate may not be known with exquisite precision - greenhouse gases aren't the only participants - but we do know that more CO2 in the atmosphere leads to a higher average surface temperature for the planet as a whole.
>>
>>Goofs like you who claim that modern atmospheric CO2 levels are all faked, are in fact guilty of criminal libel and really should be charged and convicted.
>>The fact that you are an obvious goof and nobody takes you seriously is all that saves your bacon.
>>
>>> Quite. And 'Thought Crime' at that. Orwell's predictions were right.
>>> The Liars are running the show and are terrified of being exposed.
>>
>>Except that you are the liar here, and you clearly don't run any show, and while you get exposed as a liar at regular intervals, it doesn't worry you.
>
>I see you've been reading Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Bill.
>Accuse your opponents of what you're doing yourself. See I've read all
>that Left-wing garbage and know exactly how you think. You'll never
>get the better of the Big Dawg - certainly not without upping your
>game by several orders of magnitude (which would be completely beyond
>you).

BS is getting weirder and weirder. He used to make sense once in a
while.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<u1jvri1e9ukl4hu9oc8l2smhlie28qicgo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134379&group=sci.electronics.design#134379

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 17:42:20 +0000
References: <ff29ed3a-418b-423c-a7e0-e11c04089609n@googlegroups.com> <22aorit244dplhfogl6st3sng53iqngmu3@4ax.com> <pnbqrip4nh38k8mdg2e0gc2f1s592i1ri5@4ax.com> <04mqrilrkiv5uej9afjprbk1qeh7mc068m@4ax.com> <638tripj4m5k7rn8ij1i8lj7ptposbmhld@4ax.com> <p09trip1q0hsbk3mhb7v0e9o84g4sb5h9l@4ax.com> <ckqurilsfqh6sj94op1aqcetg8ur8h0ft7@4ax.com> <2aaeb26a-3838-4f0f-8b54-bacb472db78an@googlegroups.com> <gi3vri5m2ni4nbt3j2gqrjguf3ttkdjtsn@4ax.com> <kcdvridk6et16ofm73n87o1vdgq01qekp9@4ax.com>
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 17:42 UTC

On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 08:06:15 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:20:46 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 05:03:00 -0800 (PST), Anthony William Sloman
>><bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>>><snip>

>>>The exact effects of CO2 on climate may not be known with exquisite precision - greenhouse gases aren't the only participants - but we do know that more CO2 in the atmosphere leads to a higher average surface temperature for the planet as a whole.
>>>
>>>Goofs like you who claim that modern atmospheric CO2 levels are all faked, are in fact guilty of criminal libel and really should be charged and convicted.
>>>The fact that you are an obvious goof and nobody takes you seriously is all that saves your bacon.

>>>Except that you are the liar here, and you clearly don't run any show, and while you get exposed as a liar at regular intervals, it doesn't worry you.
>>
>>I see you've been reading Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Bill.
>>Accuse your opponents of what you're doing yourself. See I've read all
>>that Left-wing garbage and know exactly how you think. You'll never
>>get the better of the Big Dawg - certainly not without upping your
>>game by several orders of magnitude (which would be completely beyond
>>you).
>
>BS is getting weirder and weirder. He used to make sense once in a
>while.

He's doubled down on his insane rantings since I proved he's a liar
beyond all doubt in the thread about Iphones.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<0jivrip1neljl516igiu5atrf0dquvvp93@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134380&group=sci.electronics.design#134380

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 09:45:44 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 17:45 UTC

On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 04:55:59 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 3, 2024 at 3:50:30?PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Feb 2024 20:33:57 +0000, Cursitor Doom <c...@notformail.com>
>> wrote:

>> No need. They can't get a date.
>
>Right, and then they become Incels.
>
>Maybe if they change conversion therapy to making them gay, the problem can be eliminated.

I know some young things that have a zillion male and female friends,
live in a tiny apartment with roommates, are always out eating or
drinking, are constantly texting, and aren't very sexual in the
classic pairing sort of way. The tekkies are coders.

Maybe the semiconductor companies scoop up the best EE grads. They
design circuits, I guess you could say, but that's still mostly
typing. I bet they don't know how to use a wire bonder.

A different class of people are worker-guys, people who do physical
things.

Bebe: "A women needs three husbands: an accountant to handle the
paperwork, a gay guy to shop with, and a worker-guy to fix things"

Me: "Who do you sleep with?"

Bebe: "The worker guy of course!"

And she has one.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<u3lvri9pkpsf3q3olcika22lpj722cuoaa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134386&group=sci.electronics.design#134386

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 10:17:29 -0800
References: <22aorit244dplhfogl6st3sng53iqngmu3@4ax.com> <pnbqrip4nh38k8mdg2e0gc2f1s592i1ri5@4ax.com> <04mqrilrkiv5uej9afjprbk1qeh7mc068m@4ax.com> <638tripj4m5k7rn8ij1i8lj7ptposbmhld@4ax.com> <p09trip1q0hsbk3mhb7v0e9o84g4sb5h9l@4ax.com> <ckqurilsfqh6sj94op1aqcetg8ur8h0ft7@4ax.com> <2aaeb26a-3838-4f0f-8b54-bacb472db78an@googlegroups.com> <gi3vri5m2ni4nbt3j2gqrjguf3ttkdjtsn@4ax.com> <kcdvridk6et16ofm73n87o1vdgq01qekp9@4ax.com> <u1jvri1e9ukl4hu9oc8l2smhlie28qicgo@4ax.com>
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:17 UTC

On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 17:42:20 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 08:06:15 -0800, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:20:46 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>I see you've been reading Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Bill.
>>>Accuse your opponents of what you're doing yourself. See I've read all
>>>that Left-wing garbage and know exactly how you think. You'll never
>>>get the better of the Big Dawg - certainly not without upping your
>>>game by several orders of magnitude (which would be completely beyond
>>>you).
>>
>>BS is getting weirder and weirder. He used to make sense once in a
>>while.
>
>He's doubled down on his insane rantings since I proved he's a liar
>beyond all doubt in the thread about Iphones.

He's a sad old git, one of many. Ignore him.

Talk about electronics.

Re: Grave peril of digital conspiracy theories

<7dmvri9f2djbh1lecrbigg2la814het4lu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134391&group=sci.electronics.design#134391

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 10:44:24 -0800
References: <ff29ed3a-418b-423c-a7e0-e11c04089609n@googlegroups.com> <22aorit244dplhfogl6st3sng53iqngmu3@4ax.com> <11139d2c-f5ec-4fcd-beca-c31c48d3e93en@googlegroups.com> <l25tjuF75crU1@mid.individual.net> <2o8tri904pomugcvvvoblfuk7locs0ikli@4ax.com> <ag9tri194mpu36g0blq2r6f2s8mp43n5u2@4ax.com> <1fe93e4d-87ae-4e44-b509-4e18e7af3be1n@googlegroups.com> <0jivrip1neljl516igiu5atrf0dquvvp93@4ax.com> <d3d67751-486d-4339-bdcb-0884755ae102n@googlegroups.com>
 by: John Larkin - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:44 UTC

On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 10:09:00 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 12:47:10?PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 04:55:59 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Right, and then they become Incels.
>> >
>> >Maybe if they change conversion therapy to making them gay, the problem can be eliminated.
>> I know some young things that have a zillion male and female friends,
>> live in a tiny apartment with roommates, are always out eating or
>> drinking, are constantly texting, and aren't very sexual in the
>> classic pairing sort of way. The tekkies are coders.
>>
>> Maybe the semiconductor companies scoop up the best EE grads. They
>> design circuits, I guess you could say, but that's still mostly
>> typing. I bet they don't know how to use a wire bonder.
>
>Looks like the big semi's are getting a lot of design work done overseas. Seems they all have a big research presence in Europe.
>
>Even TI:
>
>https://www.bayern-innovativ.de/en/competencyprofile/texas-instruments-deutschland-gmbh
>
>Why waste time and resource on screwed up 'mericans, their day has come and gone.
>>
>> A different class of people are worker-guys, people who do physical
>> things.
>>
>> Bebe: "A women needs three husbands: an accountant to handle the
>> paperwork, a gay guy to shop with, and a worker-guy to fix things"
>>
>> Me: "Who do you sleep with?"
>>
>> Bebe: "The worker guy of course!"
>>
>> And she has one.

I enjoy the physical aspects of real electronic design. Dremeling,
soldering, drilling, milling, sawing, shearing, drawing, measuring,
whiteboarding, and probing. And blowing things up.

"Shop" should be a required EE course. When I was in high school, boys
took shop and girls took home ec.