From: ht...@panix.com (Hul Tytus)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Rigol reset?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:17:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Hul Tytus - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:17 UTC

I have a Rigol DS1102E, a 2 channel 100mc scope, that is currently
showing 2 copies of the expected display, one above the other.
Whether this is a bug or a feature is questionable but reseting
the scope to a common state would be helpful. Anyone know if this
is possible and how it's done?

Hul

Re: Rigol reset?

<suc7ak-948i1.ln1@coop.radagast.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134800&group=sci.electronics.design#134800

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Rigol reset?
From: dpl...@coop.radagast.org (Dave Platt)
Originator: dplatt@coop.radagast.org (Dave Platt)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:10:52 -0800
 by: Dave Platt - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 19:10 UTC

In article <uqqpn6$asp$1@reader1.panix.com>, Hul Tytus <ht@panix.com> wrote:
>I have a Rigol DS1102E, a 2 channel 100mc scope, that is currently
>showing 2 copies of the expected display, one above the other.
>Whether this is a bug or a feature is questionable but reseting
>the scope to a common state would be helpful. Anyone know if this
>is possible and how it's done?

You have probably put the scope into "Delayed Scan" mode, where the
lower half of the window shows a magnified view of a portion of the
full sweep. You might have gotten into this mode via the horizontal
menu (press horizontal MENU, then select Delayed and then On) or by
pressing the horizontal scale button. The latter is probably quite
easy to do by accident.

You can turn this mode back off via the menu, and (I assume) by
pressing the horizontal scale button a second time.

There's also a split-screen mode if the FFT feature is enabled, but
that doesn't sound like what you're seeing.

I don't see a complete "system reset" feature anywhere in the manual;
I might be missing it. If it's there it's probably buried in the
"Utility" menus somewhere.

Re: Rigol reset?

<f032ti1idlaof07b3kad87ekrvq3uh3hm7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134801&group=sci.electronics.design#134801

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:43:26 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 19:43 UTC

On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:10:52 -0800, dplatt@coop.radagast.org (Dave
Platt) wrote:

>In article <uqqpn6$asp$1@reader1.panix.com>, Hul Tytus <ht@panix.com> wrote:
>>I have a Rigol DS1102E, a 2 channel 100mc scope, that is currently
>>showing 2 copies of the expected display, one above the other.
>>Whether this is a bug or a feature is questionable but reseting
>>the scope to a common state would be helpful. Anyone know if this
>>is possible and how it's done?
>
>You have probably put the scope into "Delayed Scan" mode, where the
>lower half of the window shows a magnified view of a portion of the
>full sweep. You might have gotten into this mode via the horizontal
>menu (press horizontal MENU, then select Delayed and then On) or by
>pressing the horizontal scale button. The latter is probably quite
>easy to do by accident.
>
>You can turn this mode back off via the menu, and (I assume) by
>pressing the horizontal scale button a second time.
>
>There's also a split-screen mode if the FFT feature is enabled, but
>that doesn't sound like what you're seeing.
>
>I don't see a complete "system reset" feature anywhere in the manual;
>I might be missing it. If it's there it's probably buried in the
>"Utility" menus somewhere.

One very handy button on my Rigol is DEFAULT, which turns off all
sorts of stuff.

Re: Rigol reset?

<uqr7s9$r4i$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134806&group=sci.electronics.design#134806

From: ht...@panix.com (Hul Tytus)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:19:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Hul Tytus - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:19 UTC

Thanks Dave. I'll go through horizontal menu & see what happens.

Hul

Dave Platt <dplatt@coop.radagast.org> wrote:
> In article <uqqpn6$asp$1@reader1.panix.com>, Hul Tytus <ht@panix.com> wrote:
> >I have a Rigol DS1102E, a 2 channel 100mc scope, that is currently
> >showing 2 copies of the expected display, one above the other.
> >Whether this is a bug or a feature is questionable but reseting
> >the scope to a common state would be helpful. Anyone know if this
> >is possible and how it's done?

> You have probably put the scope into "Delayed Scan" mode, where the
> lower half of the window shows a magnified view of a portion of the
> full sweep. You might have gotten into this mode via the horizontal
> menu (press horizontal MENU, then select Delayed and then On) or by
> pressing the horizontal scale button. The latter is probably quite
> easy to do by accident.

> You can turn this mode back off via the menu, and (I assume) by
> pressing the horizontal scale button a second time.

> There's also a split-screen mode if the FFT feature is enabled, but
> that doesn't sound like what you're seeing.

> I don't see a complete "system reset" feature anywhere in the manual;
> I might be missing it. If it's there it's probably buried in the
> "Utility" menus somewhere.

Re: Rigol reset?

<uqr80l$r4i$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134807&group=sci.electronics.design#134807

From: ht...@panix.com (Hul Tytus)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:21:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Hul Tytus - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:21 UTC

Thanks John, that sounds like what's needed. Where's it
located?

Hul

John Larkin <jl@997pothill.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:10:52 -0800, dplatt@coop.radagast.org (Dave
> Platt) wrote:

> >In article <uqqpn6$asp$1@reader1.panix.com>, Hul Tytus <ht@panix.com> wrote:
> >>I have a Rigol DS1102E, a 2 channel 100mc scope, that is currently
> >>showing 2 copies of the expected display, one above the other.
> >>Whether this is a bug or a feature is questionable but reseting
> >>the scope to a common state would be helpful. Anyone know if this
> >>is possible and how it's done?
> >
> >You have probably put the scope into "Delayed Scan" mode, where the
> >lower half of the window shows a magnified view of a portion of the
> >full sweep. You might have gotten into this mode via the horizontal
> >menu (press horizontal MENU, then select Delayed and then On) or by
> >pressing the horizontal scale button. The latter is probably quite
> >easy to do by accident.
> >
> >You can turn this mode back off via the menu, and (I assume) by
> >pressing the horizontal scale button a second time.
> >
> >There's also a split-screen mode if the FFT feature is enabled, but
> >that doesn't sound like what you're seeing.
> >
> >I don't see a complete "system reset" feature anywhere in the manual;
> >I might be missing it. If it's there it's probably buried in the
> >"Utility" menus somewhere.
> >

> One very handy button on my Rigol is DEFAULT, which turns off all
> sorts of stuff.

Re: Rigol reset?

<06a2tipk7b1q8hn4lo46k2d9dqnrctb3uf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=134809&group=sci.electronics.design#134809

From: jl...@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:46:31 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:46 UTC

On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:21:25 -0000 (UTC), Hul Tytus <ht@panix.com>
wrote:

>Thanks John, that sounds like what's needed. Where's it
>located?
>
>Hul
>
>John Larkin <jl@997pothill.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:10:52 -0800, dplatt@coop.radagast.org (Dave
>> Platt) wrote:

>> >You have probably put the scope into "Delayed Scan" mode, where the
>> >lower half of the window shows a magnified view of a portion of the
>> >full sweep. You might have gotten into this mode via the horizontal
>> >menu (press horizontal MENU, then select Delayed and then On) or by
>> >pressing the horizontal scale button. The latter is probably quite
>> >easy to do by accident.
>> >
>> >You can turn this mode back off via the menu, and (I assume) by
>> >pressing the horizontal scale button a second time.
>> >
>> >There's also a split-screen mode if the FFT feature is enabled, but
>> >that doesn't sound like what you're seeing.
>> >
>> >I don't see a complete "system reset" feature anywhere in the manual;
>> >I might be missing it. If it's there it's probably buried in the
>> >"Utility" menus somewhere.
>> >

>> One very handy button on my Rigol is DEFAULT, which turns off all
>> sorts of stuff.

Seems like some of the Rigols and some Siglents have a visible DEFAULT
button, and some don't.

People enjoy re-inventing user interfaces.